• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

helpful tips

CECELIASYNAN

Hi everybody, I'm new to this site, but I think its great. I just got myself the most presious little King Charles (rescued him), he's about 10 years old, has only 4 teeth, not house trained, likes to be hand fed, but is just the most loveable dog I have ever met. I hope to get me a friend shortly. :D Anybody got any tips for me?

Thanks Karlin;

I'm based in Cork, Ireland and when I say "Friend" I have in mind another rescue KC who is approx 5 years with all his teeth and in very good condition, Ziggy is my second KC, I had Nickki from August to Novemer last year (she was another rescue dog with lots of health problems, deaf, epileptic) I got another dog to keep her company and he attcked her and I ended up having to put her to sleep, I was heart broken untill I got Ziggy last week and already I love him to bits he is such a pet. I don't have much experience with these dogs will I be ok in getting the same kind but much younger?

They almost always get along very well. I run Irish Cavalier rescue so you can contact me directly with any questions you might have. :) Just send a PM anytime and I can also send you my mobile -- I am up in Dublin. I am sorry to hear about Nickki; how heartbreaking. I am guessing you don't have the second dog that attacked any longer? Cavaliers are not fighters and generally are at the mercy of an aggressive dog.

On the same link to my rescue site (the puppies link), I have lots of advice in other sections about introducing a second dog or a rescue to a home with dogs, etc -- and also lots of info on the breed. Have a browse of the info there and it will probably answer your questions pretty well and give you lots of reference material. Thanks so much for taking in these wonderful dogs -- espoecially some older and special needs ones; those are the ones that are harder to home yet in my opinion, also the most rewarding. :)

With two boys, it will help if one is neutered or both. I'd be disinclined to neuter the older fellow. I'm not sure which rescue you are working with -- some already neuter before homing so perhaps this has been done anyway. :)

Back