• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

EATING PROBLEMS!!

JADE AND LADY

LADY ROBBED A SLICE OF BROWN SODA BREAD OF MY MOTHERS PLATE THE OTHER DAY AND LATER ON THAT NITE SHE GOT REALLY BAD DIARRHEA
THAT HAD A SPECKLE OF BLOOD IN IT SHE WASN'T SICK OR ANYTHING STILL RUNNIN AROUND AS NORMAL ,SO I TOOK HER OF HER FOOD AND GAVE HER FRESH WATER NXT DAY SHE WAS BACK TO NORMAL,BUT SINCE SHE DOESN'T REALLY LIKE HER FOOD SHE'LL EAT IT BUT NOT AS MUCH AS ID LIKE HER TO,SHE ALSO GETS A LITTLE DIARRHEA IF I GIVE HER TREATS WHICH I DON'T GIVE HER ANYMORE ,IS HER FOOD TO BORING FOR HER AND WHAT CAN I TRY. :sl*p: :sl*p:
PS THE TREAT WERE PEDIGREE MARKIES AND PEDIGREE TUBO AND THE FOOD SHE IS ON IS EUKANOBA PUPPIE.

Blood in the stool is more likely to be from worms at her age, not food, and bread is very unlikely to have hurt her. If she hasn't seen a vet yet and been wormed, you should make an appointment. Even if she has, call your vet and get their advice as puppies often need to be wormed a couple of times, about two weeks apart. Blood in the stool can be nothing but also can by a symptom of many things from mild to serious. With puppies, it is often worms and worms can actually be a serious health threat to pups, so you do always want to check with a vet when you see blood. (y)

Let us know what the vet says! :)

Regarding her food -- you can add all sorts of things to food if you want -- if your search on the term 'food' you'll find lots of discussions. Following good breeder advice I generally recommend not feeding puppies puppy food -- they are fine on adult food and many breeders feel puppy food makes them grow to fast. I think James Wellbeloved or Royal Canin or Burns are better foods than what you are feeding -- much better quality. All puppies vary in how much they eat but about a cup of food fed in three or four meals is abput right for most puppies. Whatever she doesn't eat in 15 minutes, just lift and put away til next feeding time. Don't feed many treats and be sure to subract them from the total amount she eats each day.

Also: you might want to try typing where you also use lower case letters, if you can on your keyboard. :) It is actually quite hard to read a lot of text where it is all in upper case letters -- and also makes it look like you are 'shouting' at us! :lol:

Thanks very much karlin sorry about the font size not much good on computers, :oops:
I'll bring her to the vet today to check it out because she was last wormed at 12 weeks and she is now 15 weeks . :yuk:

Karlin's advice is great; it's time for another round of wormer.

I know about the mischievous food theivery, though! Willow, our sweet, unassuming little rescue, is the WORST. Once, my husband left a whole sandwich on a plate on the arm of a sofa while he got something to drink. Willow stole the ENTIRE sandwich right of the plate and carried it away proudly with her head held hi. My husband rushed in and took it off her, to her great disappointment, but I'll always remember how her little 9 lb self was carrying off a big ol' sandwich. :lol:

I posted a somewhat similar thread this week about Gracie not eating very well...and received very similar excellent advice. I started feeding her off a ceramic plate rather than a bowl. We still give her training treats, but limit other treats. But, the biggest thing was once I stopped fussing about her eating, she starting eating more. I think it was an attention-getting thing for her...if she didn't eat than I fed her by hand and sat with her, etc. Now, I just put the food down and go about my business. If she doesn't eat much in the morning, she'll almost surely eat it all in the evening. It sounds like you may have a few other issues going on, but just wanted to echo everyone else's comments about not making mealtime a big drama...that only encourages it. :oops:

Hope Lady is doing better soon!

lady was been a madam with her food and all i did was start leaving it down for 15 minutes at regular times of the day for us it 7.30 then 12.30 then 6.00 they soon get used to the feeding times aand expect to be feed at those times this works well for us. We always play with lady before feedeing her. If she doesn't eat a meal pick it up after 15 mins don't give treats even if your tempted then she should eat her next meal. Got that advice from the forum. We give lady ice cubes for treats in mid morning. Again from the forum. And don't fuss or hover over her i tend to sit and read and just keep peaking at her to see if her eating and ok but make sure that she doesn't see me. I can't eat if someones standing over me. Also try mixing some veg in with the kibble we put in carrots, apple any spare veg just to make it a bit different. I also have two packs of kibble lamb and turkey of james well beloved on the go so she has a different flavour for each meal. How many treats do you give her a day i only give lady 1 tubo at night after see's had her tea. I noticed that your lady is same age as mine could she be teething if she is she might not want to eat kibble dry we have started wetting it with warm kettle water to mhake it softer for her and she ate that all up straight away. hope that helps.

lady was been a madam with her food and all i did was start leaving it down for 15 minutes at regular times of the day for us it 7.30 then 12.30 then 6.00 they soon get used to the feeding times aand expect to be feed at those times this works well for us. We always play with lady before feedeing her. If she doesn't eat a meal pick it up after 15 mins don't give treats even if your tempted then she should eat her next meal. Got that advice from the forum. We give lady ice cubes for treats in mid morning. Again from the forum. And don't fuss or hover over her i tend to sit and read and just keep peaking at her to see if her eating and ok but make sure that she doesn't see me. I can't eat if someones standing over me. Also try mixing some veg in with the kibble we put in carrots, apple any spare veg just to make it a bit different. I also have two packs of kibble lamb and turkey of james well beloved on the go so she has a different flavour for each meal. How many treats do you give her a day i only give lady 1 tubo at night after see's had her tea. I noticed that your lady is same age as mine could she be teething if she is she might not want to eat kibble dry we have started wetting it with warm kettle water to mhake it softer for her and she ate that all up straight away. hope that helps.

Thanks for everyone s comments ,it 's true dough cause when i stoped pushing her to eat her food she started eatin better .
She is also the biggest food robber to you can't take your eye of the plate for 1 minute or its gone ,she also try's to sit on your shoulder while your eating and every time you put food to your mouth you get a little snowt in your face its so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But on the worming side i just gave her half a tablet this morning so opefully she'll be a bit better cause she does feel aggitated sometimes :(
She's a really good puppie so i started to give her carrot and loves it s i'll mix a bit of that with her food
Thanks for the advice and will keep u posted :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back