PDA

View Full Version : URGENT help needed, Waterford/Tipp/Laois/Kilkenny

Karlin
20th January 2007, 04:57 PM
As per post in breed rescue section, I have a young female cavalier that needs either to be transported from Tipp (about 15 miles from Kilkenny city) to Dublin and then will need foster here, or needs someone to collect her down there and foster anywhere in that region for up to two weeks.

She is safe right now at a rescue but needs to be moved into foster asap.

If you can help please let me know. If this can be done this weekend that would be great. :thmbsup: Or PM me directly.

Karlin
20th January 2007, 05:09 PM
Sorted for a foster, thanks to Sallymum. :flwr: :flwr:

If anyone is in that area and could help transport towards Portlaoise area tomorrow, even a small segment, that would be helpful and let me know. Tipp to Carlow for example would be a big help. This is if anyone is in that general Tipp/Kilkenny area to start from. :)

Karlin
20th January 2007, 07:47 PM
Probably OK for transport but if you are in the Tipp area and want to drive her to Carlow to meet sallymum, PM me. :)

Thanks to those who offered transport help.

This is the worst case I have heard of yet. Why anyone would be ready to shoot the family dog, and a breed so easily rehomed as a cavalier and only a two year old dog too, is just beyond belief. The idea just makes me sick. What a relief the neighbor had a conversation with the man when he did. :sl*p:

So much for my Saturday; nearly the whole day has been spent trying to sort cavaliers again. :lol:

Mimi
20th January 2007, 08:29 PM
I have no email access at work , my connection is at home so I didnt see this until now . Does she need to be collected tonight . I'm in Kilkenny so would be no problem .
Thank god for good neighbours .
Would love to give this little one a home for even a little while and spoil her as much as our 2 girls .
Mimi

coconut
20th January 2007, 09:31 PM
karlin i pm'd u!!

Karlin
20th January 2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks folks; have replied by PMs. :) I saw your PMs before your posts here.

Kodee
21st January 2007, 04:16 AM
Your all Saints you know *ng*l I'm amazed how fast you all pull these things together. :thmbsup:

Forest
21st January 2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks Karlin for all the time you give up for these poor babies and thanks too, to the Irish Connection you have going that always helps out! :D :flwr: :flwr:
Julie and the girls

coconut
21st January 2007, 05:01 PM
collected misty about an hour ago she is very friendly and loves people, her and freddie are very funny together!!! a big pity they wanted to do that to her!! i have taken a few pic's will post them later!

Nicki
21st January 2007, 05:17 PM
Bless you - so glad she is safe.

Thanks everyone involved, esp Karlin for co-ordinating this :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Looking forward to the photos...

coconut
21st January 2007, 05:46 PM
i will post pic's in awhile i will be dropping her to sallymum soon!! :)

Karlin
21st January 2007, 05:58 PM
:jump: :jump:

Can't wait to see her! Thanks so much for collecting her, you are a star. :flwr:

coconut
21st January 2007, 06:28 PM
No problems just glad to be able to help! :)

Just trying to download something at the moment will post pic's then!!

Karlin
21st January 2007, 07:20 PM
Sallymum just rang; Missy is the dog's name, very nice mostly red blenheim girl she says, having a bit of a bark but settling in. She says she's in good shape generally though could use a groom and has no hair on her ears as all the matts had to be trimmed off. A very friendly dog; seems so far to find cats boring. :lol:

Thanks to Coconut and Sallymum for helping with this one. :flwr:

coconut
21st January 2007, 07:54 PM
here is the lady that is the cause of all the talk. Yeah i agree all she needs is a good wash and a groom, really friendly doggie and didn't mind freddie jumping all over her.

she was just checking out the place!
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/misty3.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/misty2.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/ronburg/misty1.jpg

Karlin
21st January 2007, 10:42 PM
Ah her poor ears; I can see they must have been really badly matted. She'll feel much better once she'd been cleaned up. I am sure she is amazed to find herself with all these people paying attention to her, too. They sure are resilient little dogs.

coconut
21st January 2007, 11:54 PM
yeah she was loving every minute of the attention, any time i left the kitchen she was barking at me to come back to her!! i said that to sallymum about her poor ears!

She is a lovely dog, lets just hope she gets a good home!

arasara
22nd January 2007, 03:32 AM
those pictures just make me happy - to see her ears free of matting makes me smile ~ I am sure she is so happy she barely knows what to do with herself. Hope she finds a good home soon. :) Bless you for taking her in! :flwr:

sallymum
22nd January 2007, 12:07 PM
early days but Missy is a great little girl, very friendly loves everybody last night spent her time cuddled into my partner. She is great with my other 3. I will put her into the bath later and see if i can get rid of her matts if not it will be of to the groomers with her.
Missy seems to be a bit of a barker, doesnt like to see anyone leaving her but im sure when her confidence grows that will stop. Happily for me she does seem to be house trainned.
I will let u know in the next day or 2 how she is getting on. Prob will get her spayed later on this week when she has time to settle in.

Cathy Moon
22nd January 2007, 12:32 PM
She looks like a sweetheart! :flwr:

Ste
22nd January 2007, 10:12 PM
She's beautiful :l*v:

Nicki
22nd January 2007, 10:18 PM
She's a lovely girl - I'm sure she's enjoying all the loving care and attention.

george108
24th January 2007, 12:47 PM
Karlin am I reading this correctly? Sombody was going to shoot that dog?? I'm sitting at the computer feeling sick to the stomach! I'm only back at my pc today. I was at the vet college Monday and Tuesday with George. So sorry I didn't know about this I would have helped out transporting the little girl (I live in Laois). So glad she's now settled. She's beautiful. Thank God she now has a safe place to live.

Karlin
24th January 2007, 12:50 PM
Yes the father of the family was planning to shoot her because the kids didn't pay any attention to the dog. :shock: She's in foster at the moment; not yet homed, but she is safe thanks to the efforts of several people here and PAWS rescue.

george108
24th January 2007, 01:18 PM
Absolutely sickening! What the hell goes through these peoples minds?? She's a little beauty. I've just spoken to my partner about her but we work very long shifts (with the commute we're gone 14 hours) and some days we work together so my sister takes George and has a dog of her own. I hope she finds a lovely home. At least she's safe and free from that...... I won't use foul language! :swear:

coconut
24th January 2007, 01:23 PM
a beauty is right she is so friendly, when i collected her all she wanted was hugs and kisses :), fingers crossed she gets a good home.

Karlin
24th January 2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for considering her. She will have no shortage of possible homes though; I have about five people waiting for a dog like this so once she has been spayed and has had a chance to settle a bit in foster I will start her homing process. I can't do anything right away as I'll be out in the US for work from Fri-Wed. :)

For anyone n Ireland who is interested in a rescue dog, be sure to get an application in so I can add you to my list. Only from time to time do I actually post dogs needing homes; far more come in to rescue than I ever list on the board here. :thmbsup: I generally work from my applications.

george108
24th January 2007, 03:02 PM
a beauty is right she is so friendly, when i collected her all she wanted was hugs and kisses :), fingers crossed she gets a good home.

Bless her. Poor little girl. At the end of the day though all these poor little dogs want is some love and hugs, food and shelter. The most basic requirements for survival yet some people would rather end their precious little lives than give that to them. Appalling. I'm so happy that you're giving her that love until she moves on to the next stage of her life. Be proud of what you've done.

Karlin, it's great to hear that there are people waiting to give her a home. Keep us posted on the outcome.

coconut
24th January 2007, 03:46 PM
i was only a stop gap she is with sally's mum at the moment and with the other doggies there i would say she is loving every minute of it! :)

sallymum
25th January 2007, 01:35 PM
As i write this Missy is in the vets waiting to be spayed. I cant wait till 6 oclock to pick her up. Already she has become a big part of our family such a good little thing all she wants is lots of cuddles and walks. If anyone is considering a older dog all i can say is go for it ( though at 2 and a half she isnt that old ). I took on Sam a 7 yr old a couple of months ago and though i wouldnt part with sally or Toby he is so much more easier and laid back. Saying that he is the boss of the house.

coconut
26th January 2007, 10:22 AM
Just after being talking to sallymum missy is doing great after the operation :) She is curled up on her lap at this present moment!!

matties mum
26th January 2007, 11:30 AM
So pleased that she is doing OK I must admit that when I took Sam on it has been really good I would do it all again any time ----Aileen and the gang(Jazzie ---Barney--Sam)