• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lap Time

Zippy

Just curious......how many hours per day do you let your doggie sit on your lap or the lap of someone in your home??

How much laptime is too much laptime??

How much is too little for a Cavvie??

Please don't count the hours that they are on the sofa, in your bed, etc. ;D

Also, does you Cavvie head-butt you??

YUP!
Definite Head BUtter here!!!
Pushy little beasts, aren't they???
Anytime I am sitting----especially with tv...they are on me!
Total laptime a day----hmmmmmm....3 to 3.5 hours...now that is just MY lap ;)

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

OK, Scout is sitting on my lap while I'm trying to type a reply. She's just looking pleased. When I watch TV she is almost always on my lap. Because I work fulltime M-F she only gets lap time at night about two hours. During the weekend maybe three hrs a day.

Mary Alice gets plenty of laptime but always wants more....no satisfying this little lady!

She's a continual head-butter...lays on your torso, facing you and then darts her face towards your face. Hubby laughs at her a lot and it really escalates..not sure who is having more fun!! ;D

Seems to be a game, if you do it back, she goes nutty and gets all excited!!

She's quite hilarious....but I can only get on the laptop when she's asleep unless I want jealousy!!

Our Charley wasn't as persistant, didn't head-butt .... he hated the laptop too!

I can't imagine life without a Cavvie...they are so wonderful!! :flwr: :flwr:

Sharon - Merry is sleeping in my lap while I am on the computer right now too. :lol:

Mine too sit on me and around me when I sit down to watch TV. My persistent constant cav. is Luke. As soon as I sit down he has to be the one on my lap. The breeder taught him how to jump from the floor, into your arms while you are standing. Normally he only does that if you pat your chest, but if he is really worried, he'll try to jump into your arms, even if you are not ready for him.

When my parents are living with us, they spend a lot of time on Mom's lap. Now that they are traveling, I try to give them all time on the lap at night. So maybe one hour a day of lap time?

wierd, but my Henry at 11 months is not a big lap sitter at all. Is that not normal for him? Will he grow into it? He also seems to get distracted so easily. chasing the kitties or just running around like a little monkey. oh well!

Sam comes whe nhe wants to, But it's a lot. He only leaves my lap when he gets warm, on the sofa, there's no way to sit without him on my lap, exept in the evening when we stay quiete long in it to watch telly, then he can get off and play to come back afterwards.
What is head-butting???

Holly used to sit on my lap alot, but just lately when I sit down she just sits by my legs or in her basket, I miss our cuddles.

when ever anyone sits down in our house lady's on our lap or on the sofa so probably a couple of hours a night.

I think Mary Alice would tell you that there is no such thing as "too much" laptime :lol:

If I stay still for any length of time my lot want to be on top of me. I moved house recently and when I was lying on the floor trying to put together my table Bella was asleep on my stomach! If I don't allow them on my lap they will climb across the top of the sofa and try to sleep on my shoulder :lol:

Winter would be a lot colder without my furry hot water bottles ;)

Mia isn't much of a lap sitter unless she's sleepy or cold--which isn't often. She's usually very busy playing with Wrigley. Wrigley is the lap dog/head butter of the two--unfortunately, he weighs 85 lbs. :roll:

My favorite time of day is first thing in the a.m. I fix my first cup of coffee, turn on the tv to whatever I taped the night before, and have two little warm bodies sitting in my lap. What a great way to start the day!

my 19 week old puppy wants to cuddle and sleep on laps all the time. It's getting a bit much! He wont sleep on the floor at all.

Casshon,

You are so right!!

Mary Alice would sit on someone 24/7 if allowed, except for walkies time!! :lol: :lol:

She drapes herself across any part of you that she can get....stays til she's too warm and then turns over!!

Our Charley was very affectionate but he didn't want to sit on me *all* day!! :flwr: :flwr:

My mob all love sitting on laps it gets very hard to sit on a chair as there are 5 cavs trying to find space on a lap,cant wait till my settee arrives then at least some can sit beside me instead of on top. They also all seem to want to be as close to the face as possible so its hard to breath.Thank goodness the rottie and Leo aren't lap dogs even though the rott will try.

Back