• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Multiple pees in one walk?

Lani

HI everyone. I just moved to a new apartment and lately, for the last 3 days or so, I've noticed that when Lucky and I go on a walk he pee's multiple times. Usually 3-4 and sometimes hardly does anything.

A little background - Lucky is 7 months old, but neutered very young, so I was assuming this was not normal marking behaviour, but I don't know for sure if neutering stops that or not? He still squats when he goes, but yesterday lifted his leg just a little on a tree.

Is this marking behavior or something to be concerned about?

He doesn't have accidents overnight or while he's sleeping, but he wants to go out a lot, but I work from home so am here a lot to take him out and he rings the bell to let me know.

Any advice is appreciated. I just wondered if I should be concerned or if a vet visit is in order. :thnx:

I have only had one male dog in my life, Geordie, and he was neutered at 5-6 months. He only squats to urinate, and only does one long pee at the beginning of a walk. So that is normal for him (he is now 3.5 yrs)

That doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with Lucky. It's good to hear several others' experience.

If he had a bladder infection, I think he'd be having accidents inside the house.

Lani,

Lucky sounds fine to me, my boys will have several wees while we are out. The first one is a proper wee and the rest tend to me just marking ones where not so much comes out.

If he's not having accidents or behaving differently I wouldn't worry but ring the vets if you want to put your mind at rest from someone professional (y)

sounds like normal male behavior of a dog on a walk leaving its autograph for other dogs. i've never counted the times with zack but it's several.

At seven months he's hitting puberty anyway (they do go thru all this even if neutered early -- he will still be a boy... :).

There's a point where they go from one big wee, squatting, to lots of wees. Leo always lifts his leg, Jaspar tends to do one long wee first in a squat or maybe a leglift, then both lift their leg many, many times even when the wee is all gone. :lol: I'd guess about a dozen or more times during a 20 minute walk. They have a lot of annointing to do as we have lots of dogs in the area that have left 'pee-mail'.

Yep, our Charley spent his life leaving "calling cards"! :lol: :lol:

Just a sign to other doggies that he was "King" of the 'hood! ;D

Thanks everyone!! This behavior is totally new for him, but based on your responses, I'm inclined to think it is just puberty and he's saying "hi" ...

Back