PDA

View Full Version : looking for cavalier breeders in the uk

Tiffanyheart
21st January 2007, 02:52 PM
hello :)

i've ALWAYS wanted a cavalier my whole life but when i was younger i was never allowed a dog. i am hoping to have a cavalier as soon as i can however i am going to wait until i have finished studying and my life settles down because otherwise i feel it would be unfair on him/her.

Basically i am starting to look for cavalier breeders in the uk because i would love to start communicating with a few to learn more about the breed and to get to know how you work as a breeder so when it comes to the time when i feel i can get a puppy i will know where to go.

It would be very helpful for you to please contact me if you are a breeder in the uk, i would really appreciate it

thank you very much ~ Tiffany xxx

Hollyett
21st January 2007, 03:33 PM
You are being very sensible and going about it the right way. I waited untill my son, who is asthmatic left home. I had always wanted a dog and when I found the cavailer, I knew this was the dog for me. So at the age of 44 I finally have my wonderfull Holly, as it turns out when my son visits he is fine with Holly, But I couldnt take the chance. I did alot of research on the internet to find GOOD breeders, I found a good breeder through the kennel club. Good luck with your search. :lol:

Karlin
21st January 2007, 03:37 PM
Good attitude and good approach! And welcome to the board. icon_welcome

I have a section here on finding a good breeder:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2757

There are a couple of UK breeders who come on the board from time to time, and also, several UK members who have had a good experience with breeders who are health and breed-focused who might contact you privately.

Anyone who has ideas about specific names, just remember to have that be a private conversation by PM or email. :thmbsup:

Meanwhile feel free to join in all the conversations and ask any questions you'd like. :)

enchantingdragon
21st January 2007, 03:43 PM
Hi I also wanted to say that I think youre doing an excellent job of trying to do your research ahead of time and waiting for the right time in your life to add a Cavy Its hard to wait but itll be worth it in the end :D I live in the US so I dont have any breeders to send you to but just wanted to say welcome and youll find a lot of great info to help you make the right decisions on this board

Nicki
21st January 2007, 04:19 PM
Welcome Tiffany - I think you are being very sensible in your approach.

There is a lot to learn about with having dogs, and this board is an excellent resource, as well as being a wonderful community of very supportive people.

Can you tell us whereabouts in the UK you are based? and when you are hoping to have a Cavalier.

Tiffanyheart
21st January 2007, 10:50 PM
Thank you ever so much for all of your welcoming, kind and helpful replies to my message! :)

I am currently in manchester but i should hopefully in the summer be moving to the London area to go to acting school...if i get in! I would do anything to have a cav as soon as I get my own place after uni this year but I am not going to, I am going to wait until it is the right time. It could be even 3 years or so :( it will be a long wait but i know it is the right decision to make.

but again i would love to get in touch with anyone who is a breeder in the uk, (it doesn't really matter whereabouts) just because i would love to find out more about this adorable breed and then hopefully in a while i can have one :D

Thanks again, Tiffany xxx

P.S all you cavs in your piccies are gorgeous!

Claire
22nd January 2007, 03:31 PM
Hi Tiffany - welcome to Cavalier Talk, we also did a search on The Kennel Club website under the puppy register for our area, there are also Cavalier Clubs in different areas of the UK, there should be a puppy co-ordinator on them who you can also contact.