PDA

View Full Version : Two Nights of the Crate for Dottie ....

Dottie
22nd January 2007, 03:30 AM
Well, we have crated Dottie for the past two nights, and she has been excellent!!! No yelping, whimpering, whining, or anything! I take her out to potty, put her bed and her in the crate right next to our bed, and that's it! I don't hear anything out of her until I wake up in the morning! I cannot believe how great this little girlie is! Am I dreaming or what? :shock: She still makes a lot of tiny little puddles during the day, but yet she can hold it all night long! I guess because she isn't up and moving around it makes it easier to hold?

cavalicious
22nd January 2007, 03:37 AM
Hey! Thats great news :D Ollie was the same for the first day, not a single noise. And then the crying came! It stil hasn't stopped after 3 weeks :? Well, depending on his mood, if he is still very awake then he will cry a lot but if he is tired he may not cry at all I might just cry for a second. At night time he didn't start waking up in the middle of the night untill last week. He always goes potty outside though so I always let him out when he starts crying... at 2 or 3 in the morning :roll: They can also hold it in longer because they aren't drinking or eating so theres nothing to fill up the bladder! :)

Dottie
22nd January 2007, 03:48 AM
Hey! Thats great news :D Ollie was the same for the first day, not a single noise. And then the crying came! It stil hasn't stopped after 3 weeks :? Well, depending on his mood, if he is still very awake then he will cry a lot but if he is tired he may not cry at all I might just cry for a second. At night time he didn't start waking up in the middle of the night untill last week. He always goes potty outside though so I always let him out when he starts crying... at 2 or 3 in the morning :roll: They can also hold it in longer because they aren't drinking or eating so theres nothing to fill up the bladder! :)

I'm sure it was a typo, but it's funny that you wrote, "but if he is tired he may not cry at all I might just cry for a second"! LOL!!! :lol:

Yea, I'm afraid that Dottie is still just fooling me and is gonna start acting like a normal puppy any day now! ;)

Your Ollie is exactly one week older than Dottie! Her birthday is 11/5/06. :flwr:

cavalicious
22nd January 2007, 04:05 AM
Oooh yes typo!! :lol: :oops:

It was meant to say

but if he is tired he may not cry at all or might just cry for a second

Well when she starts acting up think back to the easy days :) Lol

Scouty girl
22nd January 2007, 02:59 PM
Scout cried vey loudly for two whole nights. I didn't think a puppy could make so much noise, it was non-stop all night :yikes . Then the vet instructed me to put her right next to my bed where she could see me. Duh, I never thought of that. After that she was very quiet, she might have whimpered a few times.

Since the day I brought her home (she was 10 weeks) she has never soiled her crate. I know it's hard to believe, but never. I am of course grateful.

Joanne M
22nd January 2007, 04:52 PM
LOL Emily, I thought it was quite possible that you cried. hehehe

Lisa_T
23rd January 2007, 01:55 AM
A pup will cry at being crated if he or she is awake. They do better when they're pretty much asleep when you put them in- you know, when they're so limp that they hardly stir!

Although I'm going to have to re-train Amber with the crate. She sleeps fine- as long as Holly is with her. If Holly isn't there there's the most awful racket. Amber doesn't seem soothed by music either in the way Holly always was. Weird.