• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Two Nights of the Crate for Dottie ....

Dottie

Well, we have crated Dottie for the past two nights, and she has been excellent!!! No yelping, whimpering, whining, or anything! I take her out to potty, put her bed and her in the crate right next to our bed, and that's it! I don't hear anything out of her until I wake up in the morning! I cannot believe how great this little girlie is! Am I dreaming or what? :shock: She still makes a lot of tiny little puddles during the day, but yet she can hold it all night long! I guess because she isn't up and moving around it makes it easier to hold?

Hey! Thats great news :D Ollie was the same for the first day, not a single noise. And then the crying came! It stil hasn't stopped after 3 weeks :? Well, depending on his mood, if he is still very awake then he will cry a lot but if he is tired he may not cry at all I might just cry for a second. At night time he didn't start waking up in the middle of the night untill last week. He always goes potty outside though so I always let him out when he starts crying... at 2 or 3 in the morning :roll: They can also hold it in longer because they aren't drinking or eating so theres nothing to fill up the bladder! :)

cavalicious said:
Hey! Thats great news :D Ollie was the same for the first day, not a single noise. And then the crying came! It stil hasn't stopped after 3 weeks :? Well, depending on his mood, if he is still very awake then he will cry a lot but if he is tired he may not cry at all I might just cry for a second. At night time he didn't start waking up in the middle of the night untill last week. He always goes potty outside though so I always let him out when he starts crying... at 2 or 3 in the morning :roll: They can also hold it in longer because they aren't drinking or eating so theres nothing to fill up the bladder! :)

I'm sure it was a typo, but it's funny that you wrote, "but if he is tired he may not cry at all I might just cry for a second"! LOL!!! :lol:

Yea, I'm afraid that Dottie is still just fooling me and is gonna start acting like a normal puppy any day now! ;)

Your Ollie is exactly one week older than Dottie! Her birthday is 11/5/06. :flwr:

Oooh yes typo!! :lol: :oops:

It was meant to say

but if he is tired he may not cry at all or might just cry for a second

Well when she starts acting up think back to the easy days :) Lol

Scout cried vey loudly for two whole nights. I didn't think a puppy could make so much noise, it was non-stop all night :yikes . Then the vet instructed me to put her right next to my bed where she could see me. Duh, I never thought of that. After that she was very quiet, she might have whimpered a few times.

Since the day I brought her home (she was 10 weeks) she has never soiled her crate. I know it's hard to believe, but never. I am of course grateful.

A pup will cry at being crated if he or she is awake. They do better when they're pretty much asleep when you put them in- you know, when they're so limp that they hardly stir!

Although I'm going to have to re-train Amber with the crate. She sleeps fine- as long as Holly is with her. If Holly isn't there there's the most awful racket. Amber doesn't seem soothed by music either in the way Holly always was. Weird.

Back