PDA

View Full Version : The GAP

Cicero's Mummy
22nd January 2007, 02:04 PM
I was out at the GAP on Saturday when I ran across a tag from the UK! It got mixed up in shippment they said. What was crazy was it was the exact same sweatshirt... but a crazy difference in price... :yikes

I just had to take a photo!
http://i3.tinypic.com/2nvqamu.jpg

Laura&Lia
22nd January 2007, 03:48 PM
...but one in pounds and one in dollars!!

Here in Spain the prices are in all the currencies!!! First the euro and then all the others, all in the same ticket!

Cicero's Mummy
22nd January 2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, the shipping I guess got mixed up... but I was amazed at how much they were selling for overseas!

WoodHaven
22nd January 2007, 04:31 PM
WOW-- US shirt 30 USD-- British shirt compared is about 50 USD

That sounds about right. When we were there a value meal at McDonalds (yes -- we went to England and ate mickey d's once) was about 7 USD

Sandy

Lani
22nd January 2007, 05:06 PM
I used to live in the UK for a while and always did my shopping during trips back to the US. The few times I bought stuff in UK shops I found the same stuff during a trip home for half what I paid in London.

That's a good part of the reason why I haven't decided to move back to London yet!

*Pauline*
23rd January 2007, 01:53 AM
Everything costs more here, :( lots more.

Maxwell&me
23rd January 2007, 02:53 AM
Isnt the pound stronger than the U.S. Dollar though? That would make up for the price difference...I dont have a link to the converter but it seems about right?

*Pauline*
23rd January 2007, 07:55 PM
The £ is stronger than the $ but..

$29.99 = £15.11

...so it is just more expensive here. Did you know GAP means "gay and proud", or so I'm told.

WoodHaven
23rd January 2007, 08:05 PM
The £ is stronger than the $ but..

$29.99 = £15.11

...so it is just more expensive here. Did you know GAP means "gay and proud", or so I'm told.

NOT--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gap_(clothing_retailer) Urghh the link changes in the forum. type it in if you want to see the whole record.

is a San Francisco-based apparel and accessories retailer founded in 1969 by Donald Fisher and Doris Fisher. The Fishers opened their first shop because they had been frustrated with the lack of decent customer service and fashionable styles at other retailers. The name was derived from the growing differences between children and adults--namely "the generation gap"--which reached its peak with the hippie movement.

That is like saying ADIDAS stands for "all day I dream about sex". lol

Cicero's Mummy
23rd January 2007, 08:12 PM
Did you know GAP means "gay and proud", or so I'm told.

That is a pop-cultural slang. GAP does not really mean "gay and proud."

Cicero's Mummy
23rd January 2007, 08:13 PM

Although there is a KORN song titled A.D.I.D.A.S after the slogan was "rumored" by school kids to have this meaning.

*Pauline*
1st February 2007, 12:55 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I stand corrected!!! Though I did say, "...or so I'm told."

They are a bit expensive but I bought 3 tops last summer, all of which got holes in one use and I really look after my clothes.