PDA

View Full Version : 2 sick doggies :(

-leah-
22nd January 2007, 03:44 PM
Hi all, my little angels are sick :( heres the situation:

Holly has had diarrhea since friday, and it has been constant all weekend yesterday bailey followed suit... his bum was very sore so we put sudocream on him and a pair of trunks 2 stop him licking himself!

I rang the vet last night and she came in at 8 o'clock this morning, both dogs had high temps and bacterial infections, both on antibiotics and fasting for today, i was advised to feed them id for the next few days. we got cream for baileys bum and a sachet to put in their water 2 rehydrte them.

Brought them home and holly vommited all over the house i called the vet and she is now admitted and may have 2 be put on fluids :(:(:( meanwhile, im at home with bailey who still had diarrhea and is wearing a buster collar to keep him from licking his bum. Hes fast asleep on my bed at the mo... im going 2 ring the vet at 4 to get on update on hol.

keep them in your thoughts,

Scouty girl
22nd January 2007, 03:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Holly and Bailey. I hope that they are better soon. I also have two dogs, one cavalier and one newfie so I know what you mean. You have to be very diligent. Hopefully Holly will be home shortly. :flwr:

Zippy
22nd January 2007, 04:05 PM
Your poor babies!! :shock:

I hope they're better soon....the antibiotics should help within a day or so. :flwr: :flwr:

Claire
22nd January 2007, 04:07 PM
Give them both cuddles from me... did they eat something in the garden maybe to give them both upset stomachs?

-leah-
22nd January 2007, 04:13 PM
we don't think its something they ate... they were in kennels last weekend so its more then likely that they picked it up from another dog...

Claire
22nd January 2007, 04:14 PM
Oh no - have you informed the kennels also, just incase they can clean everything????

-leah-
22nd January 2007, 04:16 PM
the vet that i go to is the same vet the kennel owner goes to so im sure she will mention it to him...

Kingofthehouse86
22nd January 2007, 04:30 PM
Hang in there you two, get better soon. King had picked up a stomach bug a couple months ago from either the dog park or somewhere else...He was better in a couple days on the antibiotics

Joanne M
22nd January 2007, 04:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Holly and Bailey. My thoughts are with you all. I know how distressing it is, and messy to pick up after dogs that are vomiting and have loose stools all around the house. Most distressing of all is the worry over your little angels. I'm sure the vet will fix them up right quick. Tucker spent the day at the hospital once to receive fluids, I was able to bring him home at night. By the next day he was feeling much better and the day after, back to his old self.

coconut
22nd January 2007, 04:52 PM
so sorry to hear that both are sick, hope they get better soon, good on u able to manage to sick doggies i cannot manage one!

Cathy T
22nd January 2007, 05:02 PM
Leah - sorry to hear the kids aren't feeling well. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. Keep us posted. I know it's so hard when they are sick.

-leah-
22nd January 2007, 05:15 PM
Im just after ringing the vet, they are defo keeping holly in overnight for obs... so im going to take another day off school tomorrow so im there for them. Bailey is so lifeless :( thanks for all of your replys :flwr:

Lindsay
22nd January 2007, 05:16 PM
Oh no! So sorry to hear both babies are sick :( Feel better! :flwr: :hug:

moniechris
22nd January 2007, 05:41 PM
I'm so sorry hon!!! Two sick babies at once has to be a nightmare :( You must be worried sick!! At least you can be with them during the day tommorrow. They will need all the snuggles you can give!! My thoughts are with you all!

matties mum
22nd January 2007, 05:44 PM
Hope that they are soon better ------Aileen and the gang(Jazzie-- Barney --Sam)

Kodee
22nd January 2007, 06:02 PM
How hard to have 2 so sick at the same time. It must be so emotionally draining. Good call to take the day off, yes to be there, but also to give yourself a break. Hoping for a speeding recovery both both.

pippa
22nd January 2007, 09:38 PM
Oh Dear hope they are both well again soon :(

judy
22nd January 2007, 10:56 PM
that's really scary for them to be so sick. you have gotten them good speedy care and are doing all you can do. i hope you get good news soon and will see improvement.

Nisha
23rd January 2007, 12:30 AM
oh im so sorry that both are sick! it must be hard and stressing for you! my thoughts are with them . hope they make a speedy recovery! :flwr:

enchantingdragon
23rd January 2007, 12:34 AM
I hope they get better soon!

*Pauline*
23rd January 2007, 01:40 AM
Any news? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lani
23rd January 2007, 01:54 AM
Hope they are both feeling better. :flwr:

Dottie
23rd January 2007, 03:18 AM
Poor pups! How awful for all of you! I hope they get over this infection quickly! Yes, I would definitely be calling the kennel and warning / complaining!!! :(

-leah-
23rd January 2007, 12:53 PM
Thank you all so much! mam rang the vet last night and had a good chat with her about the cause of the infection the vet said that because the dogs were in the kennels last week they would have been strssed about not being at home etc therefore this lowered there immune system and they developed the infection. Holly is coming home today she didnt have any more vomittng or diarrhea either did bailey... he is alot brighter today still not back to himself though i think he is missing his siter, il keep you posted... :flwr:

Fraggle
23rd January 2007, 01:04 PM
Leah, I'm glad things are sounding much more positive today :)

blue_star
23rd January 2007, 01:20 PM
Awww poor babies!! Send them loads of love and get well messages from me and the boys.

I know how much you worry when they are ill its terrible.

coconut
23rd January 2007, 02:16 PM
i am so happy for u leah, that both ur boys are feeling a lot better, freddie sends his regards :flwr:

Dottie
23rd January 2007, 04:26 PM
I'm so relieved to hear that both dogs are on the mend! :flwr:

Kim

*Pauline*
23rd January 2007, 07:41 PM
I'm glad they are on the mend. Would you send them to that kennel again?

-leah-
23rd January 2007, 07:55 PM
Would you send them to that kennel again?

wer're not sure if we'd send them to kennels again, to any keenels not just those 1's because it causes them stress, at this stage me and my mam prob wont be going on hols together again, im 17 next year and im going to spain to walk the camino, so my mam wil be at home with the dogs... in saying that i wouldnt refuse if she was bringing me to new york on a shopping trip!!!

-leah-
26th January 2007, 11:11 PM
okay, iv good news and bad news, bailey is 100% percent better :):):):) but.... holly isnt she has been at the vet yeeterday and again today, she has been getting sick, she still has a raised temperature, so the vet put her on nuroclav instead of Baytril and gave her an anti-ulcer injection, no more vomiting :xfngr: final diagnosis: both had acute gastroenteritis... vet recommended giving holly some probiotic yogurt to restore her "friendly bacteria" lol!!

KimNIndy
26th January 2007, 11:28 PM
happy to hear that bailey is better! hope holly perks up very soon. you poor thing you must be so stressed and upset!

that's interesting about the pro-biotic yogurts. i never heard of giving them to dogs, but it sounds like a great idea after the antibiotics, especially since their poor tummies have already been through so much.

good luck to you and your babies!

k

pippa
26th January 2007, 11:29 PM
Glad Bailey is on the mend hope Holly is well soon keep us updated :flwr:

Remali
27th January 2007, 03:27 AM
Glad you're getting to the bottom of it, hope Holly gets better real soon. How is she doing?

-leah-
29th January 2007, 09:31 PM
:updte:

I am pleased to announce that Lady Holly Bruce Isolde Mohan and Sir Bailey Augustus Mohan are 100% better

:mexwav:
:w**h**:
:*nana:
:jmp2:

matties mum
29th January 2007, 09:49 PM
:jump: :wggle: b*n*n* So pleased to hear this news----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie--Barney--Sam)

cavlover
29th January 2007, 09:56 PM
:jump: So glad to hear they are both 100% better, we do worry so much when they are sick.
judy

effie
29th January 2007, 10:24 PM
Oh no! So sorry to hear both of the babies are poorly..hope they are ok..

All our love
xx

effie
29th January 2007, 10:29 PM
Sorry! I only saw the first part of the listing - serves me right :) So glad to hear they are better - yipee
xx

Maxxs_Mummy
30th January 2007, 04:58 PM
:mexwav: So glad they are both better :mexwav:

coconut
30th January 2007, 05:04 PM
to glad to hear that they are both better :flwr:

Cathy T
30th January 2007, 05:23 PM
Fantastic!!! It's so wearying when they aren't well...emotionally and physically. So glad they're both feeling better and back to being themselves.

Cathy Moon
30th January 2007, 06:40 PM
Whew! I missed this post while my laptop was out of commission, but I'm so glad to hear they are well now!! :)