PDA

View Full Version : Sam had a bath

estertje
23rd January 2007, 07:15 PM
Sam had a bath yesterday, he looks so fluffy now!!!! (will post some pics later on, also from his B-day, but have to study a lot so I don't have much time to spend on the pc :roll: ) I'm just a little concerned: He has some (I don't now what it is called) like snow, white pellicules, in his hair, (you know like people sometimes do) He has it every time He has a bath. What can cause this? Is this normal? Or an allergie?

Cicero's Mummy
23rd January 2007, 07:17 PM
Is it like "doggie dandruff?" How often do you give him a bath?

estertje
23rd January 2007, 08:11 PM
Every three months, or when he is very stinky or dirty, it's been a while since the last bath, I think november.

Karlin
23rd January 2007, 08:33 PM
Make sure you rinse all the shampoo out carefully, first off, as remaining shampoo might flake off or cause dry skin. Then check if his skin looks flaky and dry -- or have a vet look next time you are in for a checkup. Is he itchy? There are a type of mite which is quite large and looks like skin flakes -- and also causes the skin to flake. It could just be that you are lifting out dead skin flakes when he has a bath and some stay in the hair when you dry him. If he isn't itchy it probably isn't a problem to worry abput.

estertje
23rd January 2007, 08:36 PM
He's not itchy at all! and it's only each time after a bath. How do you see when all the shampoo is out? I really rince it firmly every time, especially after I saw it the first time he had it, but it's the same ervey time :shock:

estertje
23rd January 2007, 08:38 PM
Could it be dry skin? I have that! Maybe it's the same with dogs?

Cathy Moon
24th January 2007, 03:00 AM
It could be dry skin. We had to add fish oil to Chocolate's food every day for months when she had dry skin flakes like dandruff. The flakes are gone now! :)