• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm new to the group!

runningmaddie.jpg

I am new to the user group! I have a Cavalier King Charles named Maddie. She is almost 2 year's old and absolutely adorable!!! She is tiny and sometimes I wonder if I picked the runt of the litter without knowing it. She is only 12 lbs. Does anyone else have a small Cavalier? If so, how do they do when it comes to eating? How many times a day to feed them? Thanks!

Welcome

She is adorable and sure is small! Just wanted to say welcome! Do you have any close up pictures? I never get sick of looking at photo's of these cutie-pies.

Sorry I can't answer your question. My dog is 17 lbs. at 9 months so I assume he's going to continue to grow. My niece's Cav was also the runt and is small and she named her Madision, nickname "Maddie"! But her Maddie is the same age as my Charley and weighs 10lbs. But she's always been much smaller than Charley.

FYI, we feed Charley adult food (less calories the vet said) 1/2 cup in AM, 1/2 cup in PM. Dry food. Actually it's 1/2 puppy food and 1/2 adult food. We haven't graduated to total adult food yet.

icon_welcome on the board :D
can´t wait for more pictures of Maddie :)
My Diva is 5 kilos wich I think is pretty small I just don´t know how much that is in lbs. is someone here who can tell me ??

Welcome! That photo is adorable!!! How old is she in that pic? She looks like a teeny little puppy there.

More photos please!

My Maddy is 5 months old on Tuesday and she is only 6 pounds.
I think she too will be no more than 12 pounds.
She is very petite and delicate.
So, hello from one Maddy to another! Welcome.

Hello! Maddie is just adorable. My Bella is also a "petite" cavalier. She will be 2 in May and weighs 13 pounds (and I think a pound of that may be her winter coat!) Everyone that meets her thinks she is still a puppy! I feed her 3/4 cup once a day, but she generally takes her time eating it throughout the day. She was a picky eater as a puppy, but since she has graduated to adult food, she has done much better.

Hi, I can say the weight of my cavs only in kilos too. Brian´s weight is 10,5 kg, he is the big boy, but Reny´s weight is 9 kilos and I don´t think, he is too big. He competes in agility in the small class, his high is 34 cm, I mean he is accuratly, not small, not too big:)

Hi and welcome, Maddie is just gorgeous ! My two weigh 9 and 1/2 and 7 and 1/2 kilo's . They look around the same size but Gus is quite heavy boned and Pippin is very light and has a small puppy like face, so people always think he is a pup. Gus is five and Pippin is almost three.

Welcome, Welcome!!! Little Maddie is precious!! I don't know for sure yet, because I havent seen my Zoey in person yet (she is coming to me on a plane on Sat. :lol: ) But my little B&T is supposedly going to be quite small according to the breeder. Her pictures make her look itty bitty and she is 12 weeks old. It will be a nice change from my 22 lb boys!! :D

My mother in law has a cavie that barely breaks 11 pounds.

Hey there ! Welcome! icon_welcome :mexwav: My girl, Cherrise is very small.. she's 9 months and is about 9.5-10 lbs only.. so yours is not bad! ;) my girl has a "puppy syndrome" she never grows out of it.. :lol:

here she is at 9 months!

370495668_fa53bf21c2_o.jpg

Welcome....from me and my not so petite Cavaliers (Jake is 22 lbs and Shelby is 19 lbs). Your picture is so cute. Maddie is just a precious little doll.

Back