• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Re-Potty Training an Older Dog

Sadie has had a few accidents in the house lately. In the 3 moths we've had her, she would have an accident every couple of weeks and I figured it was because I somehow threw her schedule off. However, now she has had both kinds of accidents a few days in a row. I have fed her and taken her out consistently, and sometimes she will even do her business outside and then have an accident in the house shortly thereafter. She used to go poo once in the morning after she ate, and maybe one other time in the afternoon. Now she's going 3 or 4 times a day! I never catch her in the act, so I haven't punished her. I really thought she knew better! We have been letting her have bones to gnaw on...could this effect the frequency of her need to go to the bathroom?

I know crate-training is one answer. However, these accidents happen when we're in the house.

Does anybody have suggestions or online resources that might help me correct this behavior in a 4 year old dog?

Back