• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Australia

Hello Everyone, I am owner of two babies. Well two cavaliers, a siberian husky and a pigeon and also a 2 and a half year old girl.

My cavs are a blenheim 10 and half (just diagnosed with heart problems which has broken my heart litterally and am not looking forward to the enevitable eventually as I always just thought she would be with me for ever.) Her name is Tia (My name is Maria.)

My other cav is a Ruby male whos name is Rover. My animals are part of my family and when I met a man who loved my animals has much as his I knew we were meant for each other.

This site is fantastic and I love looking at everyones pictures of their beautiful animals and hopefully I can get some support and encouragement as even though Ive had my dogs to vets for various reasons it has never been life threatening as now and its really it home.

Maria

Welcome Maria from another Aussie! Happy Australia Day! :) A cav that I had a few years ago had heart problems but he lived for an extra few years after he was diagnosed. He had tablets every day for a couple of years. He lived till he was 13 years old.
Julie and the girls

Thankyou forest. Just brought tears to my eyes to hear of yours living for a few more years.

Its been nice to have a few replies back as I only came across this site by chance when I was doing some research.

I love my dogs with all my heart and We lost another of our dogs last year a big mixed mongrel. (Hubby callled him a mongrel but we thought he was a beautiful animal. And when we lost him it was hard. as it is) So having this happen this year has been a bit of a downer but shes still around and hearing from you gives me hope.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome Maria to you and all your family. I look forward to stories. With a 2.5 yr old daughter, 3 dogs, a pigeon and a husband you probably have lots to tell. How do the dogs like your pigeon? How do the cavs and your husky get along?

Memorial Forum. Post subject: Toby Alexander, 10/8/1990 - 8/1/2006

Check the above post out it might give you much to hope for with your 10.5 yr old.

Had a look at Tobys post. Sad but such a nice story of a family.

It was fun and games for Esky (our 1 year old siberian husky as Rover my 7 year old ruby was very terratorial and gave him a hard time unfortunately but after a few vet bills unfortunately has Rover got stuck into him (Im sure Rover thinks hes a big dog as hes not afraid to still have a go if he thinks hes out of line) But now they are best of friends and Esky is so funny when rover or tia are having a cuddle he wants one also and jumps up onto our laps.

He loves tia (the sick one) but we keep him outside during the day if we are not home as he tends to run up to tia and want to play and even though Tia deifnately sticks up for herself she doesnt need the extra stress.

Tia loves the water and chasing sticks where has Rover is a ball dog. Even now after 7 years hasnt slowed down and as a ball in his mouth 99% of the time. Everyone at parks laughs at how fast he is chasing the ball.

All 3 dogs are a joy. Of course Rover always goes up to Frank the pidgeon and gives him a hard time. My husband saved Frank when his mum was run over and he was working nearby. Other people had put a box on the ground for him but all he was doing was going up to the dead mum and grieving so Tony my husband bought him home. We had to hand feed him and he lived. Hes 7 years old and we bought him a speciallly big cage he sits on our verandah and is funny when the dogs get fed he comes out and feeds also. When we got him we went to this bird place and they basically said they would just kill the pidgeon as people here isn australia classify them as a nuisande. We couldnt let him go as they advised he mostl likely wouldnt survive so hence the pidgeon.

Thankyou for your post. I have loved reading about all the peoples families and love my cavs to death and when I see the pictures of all of your dogs wish I could give them all a cuddle.

Maria

wowww.. 17.5 ? pomeranian .. hee hee. pomeranium makes them sounds dangerous :lol: yeah, they are cute! and mine is a quiet one too..

Maria - so glad you found us. I'm sure you will get all kinds of information and support from those on the board who have gone through this. Also lots of stories of hope. Love your story about your bird...shows what a big heart you have. Welcome!

Thankyou everyone for your welcome replies. My nephew and I have been looking at the various posts and enjoying seeing the pictures of all the beautifull animals (including Elle, who we thought was beautiful.) LOL how anyone could think cavs are ugly need to have a look in the mirror at themselves.

Anyway we are enjoying so much reading all the stories. Will try to work out how to use Avator so I can post pictures of my cheeky lot also.

Hope life is treating everyone well in the different parts of the world.

Back