• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Greetings from me and Frodo!

Mabes

Hello all!

I'm a 20 year old college student living in Hampden, Maine, USA, and the love of my life is my 3 year old King cavalier spaniel named Frodo. He is red and white. Here is a picture of him:
IMG_0119.jpg

he is very playfull and VERY sweet! We discovered him at a local humane society (go figure!) the day after we had to put our last dog to sleep. He had come all the way from IRELAND! We were told that there were other people rushing in at that very moment to buy him. We just couldnt pass up the opportunity of first-come first-serve on this wonderful doggy. I absolutely love him.

Can't wait to get to know you guys!

Welcome to you and Frodo. Wow...what a coincidence. Sounds like he was meant to be yours!

Thanks Cathy! Yes, it was perfect timing. It was terrible to lose our other dog, but if she had passed a day sooner or a day later, we wouldnt have found Frodo.

Hello and welcome to you and Frodo. The black and white picture is my favorite. Frodo is very lucky you rescued him. If he is red and white, as your posts says, he is a Blenheim, there are 4 colors to cavaliers, they are black and tan, as my boy is, blenheim as Frodo is, Ruby and Tri-color, which is white with black and brown markings. Poor Frodo I can't imagine anyone bringing a cavalier to the pound. They are the most wonderful dogs in the world. How long have you had him?

Be sure to check out this site. When I found it I felt I'd gone to heaven. These are the most helpful and knowledgeable people. I hope you take the time to look at all the beautiful pictures in the gallery as well as the other sections you'll see on the forum index.

Good luck with your beautiful frodo. I look forward to hearing more about him.

thank you for a great response!

I think I have heard the word Blenheim to describe him before. We've had him for 2 years now, he was 1 when in the pound. I still remember his sad face. They had him in a room with a glass wall so that he was tormented as people walked by. He sure loves to be rubbed and scratched so I'm sure it was a nightmare for him. I instantlly fell in love with him because I started walking back and forth in front of the glass, and he was following me with his ears perked just looking up at me as if he was saying "please take me home!!". Then I sat down on the ground next to the glass and he laid next to me with his little nose between his paws and went to sleep. I almost started crying!

I'm very very glad I was able to rescue him.

Frodo is adorable and a very, very lucky little boy to be rescued by such a wonderful person! Please post more pics...we are all NUTS for pics around here!

Frodo is lovely ....... and lucky!

Your timing was perfect...but I'm sorry your dog had to be pts. :flwr: :flwr:

Thank you Zippy. It was very sad but she was blind, diabetic, and had seizures a lot, so it was better for her to be put down. Frodo instantly cheered me up though. I was indeed lucky to find him, just as he was fortunate to be saved from the pound!

Good job!! You did indeed get lucky.

My blenheim girl has lots of curly hair on her chest, too. I tell her she looks like she has a big bosom.

It's unbelievable that someone would give a Cav over to the Humane Society, but it happens. I'm so glad that you were there to get him.

welcome!

frodo----what a great name! there is also a merry and pippan on the board...

the black and white photo is brilliant....he has such loving eyes. you have to love this breed! it sounds like you two were meant for each other :)

k

Back