PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some B/T breeders....

My Wesley
30th January 2007, 09:54 PM
For our next pup, I want us to have a black and tan female. Seeing as I wasn't looking at all for a B/T when we got Wesley, I didn't save any other breeders info.

If you had someone really good you went to and want to recommend, please PM me. I'd like some really good places to start with.

Thanks!

Oh... and I'd PREFER to stick to the midwest area, but I know that can be difficult as the B/T's are a little more rare.

Thanks again! I plan on getting her in the next 12 months or so.

inca
30th January 2007, 10:09 PM
B/T was the last colour I had in mind till I bred India now i totally adore them .......... :flwr:

good luck and best wishes in your search

My Wesley
30th January 2007, 10:20 PM
Let me tell you... India is BEAUTIFUL! Another reason I really started looking into the B/T's. It was my last choice for the first pup, and now... I can't get my mind off of it! :)

merlinsmum
30th January 2007, 10:25 PM
India could sway anyone's mind - My Merlin is in lurrrrrve - but its a battle between your India and Lisa_T's Holly - he just can't decide :D :lol: :D

Linda
30th January 2007, 10:27 PM
he just can't decide

Aaaaaaaaaah let him have both. :yikes :yikes :yikes ;) ;) ;) ;)

Linda
30th January 2007, 10:29 PM
We actually have a few wonderful breeders here in Toronto that breed Black and Tans.

I think that will be my next, but that won't be for a looooooooooooong time. Gotta get the kids through University first, then married, then I am moving to a country home with lotsa land and lotsa a cavaliers. :D :D :D :D :D :D

inca
yeah why not ......LOL India is nearly 3 and MAY be looking for a romantic young man to woo her :flwr:

merlinsmum
Linda

Hopefully this year he'll be making his mind up - I'm hoping to go visit Holly, Amber and Lisa :D

merlinsmum
30th January 2007, 10:30 PM
But then - I'm in Painton, Devon next week - is that near you Inca?

inca
30th January 2007, 10:31 PM
I am in Portsmouth so quite a way unless your looking for a sailor ...nod nod wink wink LOL we have lots to choose from :yikes

Linda
30th January 2007, 10:32 PM
Linda

Hopefully this year he'll be making his mind up - I'm hoping to go visit Holly, Amber and Lisa

That is lovely, how exciting.

I can just see the head turns you are all going to be getting with that crew of gorgeous furbabies you have.

Funny how we get to know one another on this board and become good friends, I myself have made quite a few.

When are you going, we want pictures and lots of them. :D :D :D :D

Karlin
30th January 2007, 10:35 PM
I've PMd you the names of two health focused midwest breeders who don't breed that colour as far as I know but I would take their advice on any breeder they say does breed B&Ts.

merlinsmum
30th January 2007, 10:43 PM
Linda

Hopefully this year he'll be making his mind up - I'm hoping to go visit Holly, Amber and Lisa

That is lovely, how exciting.

I can just see the head turns you are all going to be getting with that crew of gorgeous furbabies you have.

Funny how we get to know one another on this board and become good friends, I myself have made quite a few.

When are you going, we want pictures and lots of them. :D :D :D :D

Can you imagine - 2 b&t's and 2 rubies - major photo opportunity :D

Lisa, I need to get costs etc - Mum & Dad said it would be much less £££'s if we went as foot passenger - but you don't drive do you? That leaves us with 4 dogs and no transport if I go that way - I'm looking into it anyway - its gonna be after easter as I'm going to St.Abbs then - is that okay?

enchantingdragon
30th January 2007, 10:50 PM
Sorry as I will be of no help living on the east coast and all but I second you on your love for a B/T. When I first started looking at Cavaliers I only liked the partis but after being on these boards and seeing some beautiful B/Ts at dog shows I am 100% in love. I so want my next one to be a B/T but Ill have to convince my hubyy as he wants a Blen. Oh well in the end they are all gorgeous but I too ma hooked on those beautiful B/Ts now too ;)

Maxwell&me
31st January 2007, 12:17 AM
I can send you a P.M. of Hogans Breeder who does all health testing, and I do know that she may breed in 2007~ but she is not certian...Im in Wisconsin, is that to far for you? You can always P.M. me your location if youd like....Perhaps I could call her and she could reccomend someone closer to you if its to far.

moniechris
31st January 2007, 12:41 AM
ahhhhh. Another who has been bitten by the B&T bug! :lol: Pretty soon we are going to have to go to meetings!!! :lol: ;)

Crittercall
31st January 2007, 01:35 AM
The only B/T breeder I know is in KY - I fear that's a little out of your range. But let me know if you want to get in touch with her and see if she knows anyone in your area. She's been breeding Cavs since the 1980's - at first strictly Blenheims then she started the B/T's in the late '90's or early 00's.

Good luck! They are beautiful. Potato chip dogs - you can't have just one!

Jackie
31st January 2007, 01:58 AM
Don't forget that beauty Taffy!! I just love the b/t's bandit face and those huge brown eyes.

Mic
31st January 2007, 03:23 AM
I sent you a PM regarding my Cappy's breeder.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/pups-3.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/bobnmict/couchdogs-1.jpg

Gracie's Mommy
31st January 2007, 03:32 AM
Ok, I admit, I've totally been bitten by the B&T bug, too! Hubby wants a ruby though, so we'll have to duke it out in a year or so!

Lisa_T
31st January 2007, 03:49 AM
India could sway anyone's mind - My Merlin is in lurrrrrve - but its a battle between your India and Lisa_T's Holly - he just can't decide :D :lol: :D

LOLOL!!! There's no getting around it, Holly is an exquisite little thing. Amber, oddly, has a completely different face. They're the same breed, closely related, from the same breeders (sort of...) and they look totally different!

Maybe the trip will help Merlin make up his mind, and I'm sure Oakley would have a whale of a time raising hell with Amber...

He doesn't like coffee, does he?! :yikes :yikes One dog with a caffeine addiction is enough ;) .

kimberlya
31st January 2007, 04:32 AM
I would also love some PMs on health focused Midwest B&T or Ruby breeders. I have a few people I am looking at, but as many recommendations as possible are always helpful!!!! And Shannon- share the wealth ;)

My Wesley
31st January 2007, 05:28 AM
Thank you everyone for all of the good referrals! I've got a great one in mind!

And Kim... we could get siblings! ;)

Maxxs_Mummy
31st January 2007, 01:19 PM
He doesn't like coffee, does he?! :yikes :yikes One dog with a caffeine addiction is enough ;) .

:yikes Another one? I thought it was only Maxx who loved coffee :yikes If I put a cup of coffee on my side table he will get on the sofa, walk onto the table and get his nose in the cup :roll: He did it to hubbies tea the other day - hubs went into the kitchen and when he got back into the lounge, Maxx had drunk his cuppa & was sitting licking his lips :lol:

Mary
31st January 2007, 01:52 PM
OMG....there are other caffeine pups. My Jazz will sit and stare a cup of coffee down and if I dare to sit it down and go off ....will not be there when I get back. Scared me to death the first time she did that. I kept waiting for her to get sick but no .....I do try to always remind myself to keep that coffee in hand.

moniechris
31st January 2007, 02:06 PM
Gosh I guess I will have to watch my boys for the coffee thing..I am sure they would love it if I ever drank it at home. My boys are more of beer fans. Don't leave your draft on the floor or you will have someone's entire face in your cup!! :yikes

Zoey did it last night and turned the whole cup upside down on her face!!! She was covered in Budlight and the boys licked it off her :lol:

Crittercall
31st January 2007, 05:17 PM
Monica - don't make me get my Vet Nurse shoes on with you! Do not give your dogs beer. It is very bad for them. We've had drunk dogs come into the ER. And even worse was people who would give their dogs marijuana or worse. A dog tripping out and attacking everything that moves is not an easy animal to treat! We would have to call the people and tell them we weren't going to turn them in and we didn't care what they did, just tell us what you gave the dog so we can treat it.

I'm not sure about the caffeine. I'll check into that!! Usually (not today) it's too hot for me to drink coffee in the mornings. I'm a heavy sweater!

moniechris
31st January 2007, 06:31 PM
I don't purposely GIVE them beer!!! I turn away to get the remote and I have a tiny (or big) face shoved in my cup!! :lol: Don't worry, I'm actually quite stingy with sharing my beverage with ANYONE, much less my dog!! ;) They don't ever get more than an accidental slurp!! :yuk:

Crittercall
31st January 2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah - that's what they all say! Just teasing - not about the beer being bad for them but I think I know you better than to think that you would intentionally let them have any.

It might help Stewie's attitude.....kind of mellow the little boy out!

Chelle
31st January 2007, 08:23 PM
Add me to the list of those who fell under the B&T spell!

It's Sara's fault.. She's given me B&T Envy with her little Faith! :D

Linda, I'd be interested in the Toronto area breeders' names icon_whistling

selina
1st February 2007, 12:12 PM
Ooh Ooh, If India's having pups one day I want one. Darn it! I'm too far away :( . But maybe if sailors are involved I might just come over there for a visit :lol: . What! I know I'm married, but I can always look :badgrin: .[/quote]

inca
1st February 2007, 12:24 PM
selina the day we stop looking is when we are dead :) ........thats what i tell my hubby anyway :yikes

selina
1st February 2007, 12:29 PM
:lol: :badgrin: too true!