PDA

View Full Version : am i the crazy one?

laurenlyn1
1st February 2007, 05:04 AM
this is a little embarrassing, but the other day i opened up a checking account for all things brady...toys, treats, vet visits, food and so on...i'm going to put a certain amount in there every paycheck so that i can budget my spending on him because i am spending way too much money on stuff for him and i have to start to control it! if any one else is crazy like me, please let me know!

Lani
1st February 2007, 05:21 AM
LOL Sounds like a kind of good idea to keep the spending under control ... I'm afraid to know what I spend on my baby!!

babyC
1st February 2007, 08:26 AM
same here! i often go to petshops AND do online shopping ! :sl*p: i'm spending too much, i'm afraid to know too :? i guess checking acc. is a good idea.. :thmbsup:

GusWilson
1st February 2007, 10:07 AM
I am afraid to know what I spend. I can totally pass up something for myself but if I see a toy he might like I can always justify it!

Natalie
1st February 2007, 10:27 AM
no that's a really good idea i am going to set one up today. I think i might set up a shoes one as well, oh i forgot i already have one it's called jason's bank account! I joke i don't spend all his money i leave him a few quid each month!

Nisha
1st February 2007, 11:09 AM
thats an excellent idea...im a cautious buyer when it comes 2 myself but i buy on impulse when its 4 the dogs...i see something i like i buy it....i think what youre doing is a great idea! and dont worry...ur not crazy ;) ..or maybe we all are! :p

selina
1st February 2007, 11:24 AM
Hey Nisha,
I read that as you spend too much on you 4 dogs and was going to ask you what they were. Then I re read it :lol: oops. :lol:

Nisha
1st February 2007, 11:37 AM
Hey Nisha,
I read that as you spend too much on you 4 dogs and was going to ask you what they were. Then I re read it :lol: oops. :lol:

:lol: ...not quite.
i do that often too...misread things and then im bewildered 4 a second before i understand!

btw i love your avatar! shows all your gorgeous dogs with Jeremy in the spotlight..its lovely.. :flwr:

selina
1st February 2007, 12:25 PM

PamH
1st February 2007, 12:56 PM
Lauren, great idea. I do this for certain major monthly expenses. That way they are out of my regular account and there when I need it.
I use Quicken to track my expenses and trust me, I have only had Maddy since Dec 5th and I know EXACTLY what she has cost. It's scary.
Pam
p.s. I think I will program Quicken to read "dog bakery" as groceries instead of dog expenses. Ha Ha.

Cathy T
1st February 2007, 04:37 PM
I think that's a great idea!

moniechris
1st February 2007, 05:12 PM
That is pure genious!! I don't even remember the last time I spent money on myself...The dogs however...All I have to do is look at my credit card statment, and all it says is Starbucks...Petco....Ipetconection...Starbucks...D og Lovers.....Pet supermarket...dog lovers....Starbucks... :roll: It's getting a bit out of control!! :lol: