PDA

View Full Version : puppias and collars - together??

Harley & Carley
2nd February 2007, 05:51 PM
I noticed that several of you use collars and harnesses. Is that necessary?

KingstonsMom
2nd February 2007, 05:54 PM
I use a harness for walking purposes and a collar for ID tags and such.

Harley & Carley
2nd February 2007, 05:55 PM
Mine are never outside without a harness on. Do you think I could just put their ID tag on the harness?

CavalierLover
2nd February 2007, 06:08 PM
Yes, that's what I did...I had the tag from Avid and put his rabies tag on there, then put it on his Puppia. We don't keep a collar on him, so that was the best solution for us.

Only one problem...we now have 3 Puppias...so I need to find a little clip that would hold that (and therefore move it).

Gingers Mommy
2nd February 2007, 06:09 PM
Petco has a fantastic clip that is so easy to use and I have a few of them (for different tags) and I can so easily switch them around. I think they are genius and highly recommend them. I'll see if I can find the link to it.

CavalierLover
2nd February 2007, 06:14 PM
I haven't looked for anything yet...that would be a great help to know!
If it works it would be perfect!! Thanks :flwr:

Scouty girl
2nd February 2007, 06:26 PM
Go to www.jazzytags.com then click on clips. They have a lovely metal clip for only .75 of course there's shipping and handling, that's what Scout has.

GudrunTheRed
2nd February 2007, 07:22 PM
Chester ALWAYS has a collar with an ID tag on it. Plus I have several collars that I really love on him and I think he looks naked without his neck accessory. I still use a harness for walking but the collar never comes off except for brushing and baths.

Cicero's Mummy
2nd February 2007, 07:24 PM
I use a harness for walking purposes and a collar for ID tags and such.

Ditto!

Kodee
2nd February 2007, 08:18 PM
I guess my only worry would be they slipped through a door, backyard gate blows open in wind etc.. if they had their tags on the puppia. I have had both happen a few times over 15 yrs. Plus a collar comes in handy when the doorbell goes and they come sneaking up behind you to see who it is - it makes an easy handle to grab hold of them. Kodee is only 9 wks so I only put her collar on now for the 10 trips a day outside and sometimes leave it on for a bit while she gets used to it - but my intension is to eventually ALWAYS have it on. My puppia should have been here today in the mail... :cry*ing: it wasnt! I want to use it for any time a lead is on her and in the car carry crate.

Shay
2nd February 2007, 11:54 PM
Plus I have several collars that I really love on him and I think he looks naked without his neck accessory. I still use a harness for walking but the collar never comes off except for brushing and baths.

I feel the same way, Lily would look naked without her "bling" around her neck. :lol: