View Full Version : can someone help me please with pic?
2nd February 2007, 06:21 PM
I can't work out how to upload a picture of lola.
can someone help me please
2nd February 2007, 06:23 PM
If you go to the getting started section there are directions on there!
It is really easy to post after you have a photo host...
your img url here
2nd February 2007, 06:37 PM
Speaking for myself I do not find those directions to be self-explanatory, nor do I find them easy.
2nd February 2007, 07:02 PM
Lol... I guess that shows some differences in computer generations... am I right??
Sorry you find them hard to follow... what I meant was...
1. Find a site to "host" your photos ... such a photobucket, flicker or tiny pic (first timers find tiny pic quite simple... no matter what your level).
2. Find photo you wish to post (if you are posting an avatar make sure it is the correct size or use photobucket... which has a specific avatar editing)
3. After upload is complete there will be a URL or "web address" associated with your photo.
4. Right click and copy the url.
5. Open a new thread here to post... title it... and then in the body of the post... use the following format to post photos...
YOUR PHOTO URL HERE
This will turn out with a cute little photo... like this...
6. Click Preview to make sure it is what you want it to look like ... then submit !!
Sorry if the above directions weren't as detailed as you needed them... or if you felt offended by them... I often forget that some people are completely computer illiterate... my mother actually doesn't even know how to turn a computer on and she is only 43! Lol... I always forget these things... hmph... my generation... weird...
2nd February 2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks alot,i have managed to do it :roll: lol
2nd February 2007, 07:29 PM
Great job :) Lola is a cutie :flwr:
2nd February 2007, 07:35 PM
Great job! Your doggie is sooo cute... and I love the name... it is actually a name we are using for one of our human children we decide to start a family, my hubby and I. It's my grandmothers name.
:) But it is a really perfect doggie name!
2nd February 2007, 09:53 PM
Sorry you have problems with the instructions, Joanne -- I had understood that most people find the directions in the Getting Started section, to which Cicero's Mum refers, helpful, and members, including me, regularly refer new board members to them for help as newbies often aren't aware they are there. icon_nwunsure If someone wants to write even simpler instructions I will consider adding them to my own explanation in the same section. Fortunately, our new member has found these ones and Cicero's Mom's additional explanation helpful too, so problem solved for the moment. :thmbsup: :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.