• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

giggle treat ball

angie

jadan loves his treat ball soooo much that we have had to ban it most days and it only comes out twice a week at the moment :p we got it for him for xmas and started to use it to feed his tea as he wolfed his food down sooo quick that it was over in seconds and then what!!!???? he is so good with it now that he uses both paws to make the ball turn and his kibble to come out and it takes a lot longer (well a good few minutes longer ;) ) so its not sooo boring. but we had to ban it most of the time as he started refusing to eat out of his normal bowl :sl*p: icon_whistling :oops: goodness me how quick they catch on!!! ;)

I showed Izzy a giggling ball (not a treat ball) , when they first had them at Pets at Home, and he didn't like it at all.

Mine almost never get fed from bowls. Their kibble is always served in treat balls and anything else goes into a kong. It's the only way to make mealtimes last longer than 20 seconds :D

when we first got jadan his treat ball he would bark and yelp at it for ages :? acting all weird and bouncing about, that was until he realised what was inside icon_whistling it did take some getting used to but then it went too far and he wouldnt eat out of his bowl. i did consider feeding all his meals out of it but then remembered a bit of advice i was given when jadan was very young and stuborn with his food and pampering to him sooo much that in the end he held out until he got something better. the advice was that his bowl be put down and if not eaten taken away after 10 mins, which worked. also that if he should need to be in over night at the vets that he would have to eat and thats that. thinking on that i didnt think it best to let him eat out of the ball all the time as the vets wouldnt pamper to a treat ball!!! ;)

I can only give the treat ball ocasionally because Jake gets so wound up with it. It's really funny to watch. He'll slap that thing around to get the food and Shelby sits off to the side and watches. When he misses a piece she'll sneak in and snag it. When it's empty he'll continue to slap it around and make the most frustrated sounding noises.

oh good :lol: im glad its not just jadan who has a funny turn with it then! :D
on that note about only feeding him out of the ball....well i had a rethink and thought well why not, why shouldnt he have fun when he eats his boring dry bland kibble so out weighed the thought of him going to the vets etc and him having a lovely time eating so decided that he would get his ball back. icon_whistling..... well didnt make a bit of difference.....he was still fussy about eating from that too :sl*p: so this fussy pup is going back to square one im afraid. no messing with the puppy food ,ball is for treats only!!!!! ;)

Back