• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pics of Cooper and Princess Puddles[

Karen S.

01-02-2007065317PM.jpg

Our special Cooper who thinks he's a person!

01-02-2007065232PM.jpg

Princess Puddles who really acts like a princess!

OMGoodness! They are beautiful - and their coats just shimmer! What is your secret to make their hair so shiny?

I think Cooper's coloring is very rare and very striking! 8)

Just like the little black Cav that was on the rescue forum. Adorable!!! Mind, they both are and I have a soft spot for BTs. For obvious reasons :badgrin:

Cooper and Princess Pics.

Thank you all for the nice comments. We love these guys so much.

As far as the shine in their coats that just kind of happened because of Lucky and his anal gland problems. His glands ruptured and he was on meds 3 times and surgery was to be the next thing for him. So I researched about anal gland and everything I found pointed to more fiber in the diet to help keep stools soft which would help the glands release.
S000 to make a long story short each of our dogs gets a full spoonful of dry instant oatmeal in their food. After about 6 months no more anal gland problems and such beautiful soft, shine, and wonderful healthy coats and skin.
We still check glands every 3 months for all but somehow it works for us.
It was just an accident that worked out so well. We ge many compliments on their coats.

So Karen. Do they get the oatmeal everyday. Is it just a teaspoon full. You just sprinkle it on...do you feed dry or wet food. Lots of questions...Thanks. I have been using pumpkin for the fiber and it works well also but hadn't thought of just oatmeal.

Oatmeal

I will tell you exactly what I feed.
I use Beneful Healthy weight dry, 1 soup spoonful of dry instant oatmeal, (adjusted to your individual dog's needs),1 soup spoonful of cottage cheese, and a package of Pedigree wet food split between 3 dogs. Mix each bowl and they are ready to go. My Cavaliers can't wait to eat.

I also have a Belgian Tervuren Sheep Dog that I feed the same thing too.

Oh my!
Both are just gorgeous....hmmm oatmeal? I think I may just try this!
So, they weren't this glossy before the oatmeal???

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Cooper and Puds

Nope they had shine but not nearly as glossy. It might not work for everyone but it certainly worked for me. You can add more or less oatmeal. Each dog is so indivdual that they might need more or less quanity.

Back