• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anipryl for old dog

frecklesmom

Have been trying Anipryl ( for the senile dog) and amazed at the results. Shane, 15 y.o. Husky/Mal), has been demonstrating some typical signs of senility and difficult to deal with her. Within 2 hrs. of the 1st dose of this med this great old dog was back to her alert fantastic self. She has always been one to give you the look "I'm smarter than you are" and that look was back and I just had to laugh with joy. There is hope for the oldies when they have a tough time dealing with life.

I used to have a maltese mix dog who had canine cognitive dysfunction, and she was on anipryl for a few years. It is an amazing drug!

She actually went from getting 'lost' in corners and barely interacting with me (which was heartbreaking) to greeting me at the door each day after work and wanting to be held and petted. She lived to 14.5 years and it really improved the quality of her life.

Am so pleased it has worked for some. We tried my English Cocker Spaniel Abby who had canine cognitive dysfunction on Anipryl and unfortunately it did not work for her. That was over two years ago. At the time, if I recall correctly, the trials showed it only worked in about 50 to 60% of dogs. Anyone know if that has changed?

Back