PDA

View Full Version : Muttlucks

IzzieBell&MommyBell
5th February 2007, 12:25 AM
What do you all know about dog boots? Do they work? Where can I buy them? etc.?

Thank you!

Linda
5th February 2007, 02:33 AM
Both my boys have muttlucks, they are great. :D :D :D

They may not be the most fashionable boot but if you buy the proper size they will stay on. I personally don't care about fashion but that the boot fits and keeps their pads safe from the ice and salt.
I really like them, funny to see your little fur babies with them on the first time they walk like horses. :rotfl:
Both my boys wear xxsmall fleece lined.
They have a reflective stripe on the for night time too. :D :D :D :D

Not sure where in the US you can buy them, but in Canada I bought mine at Global Pets I am sure you should be able to find them at most Pet Stores.

Try looking on the website too, they should be able to tell you were to purchase them.

www.muttlucks.com

Maxxs_Mummy
5th February 2007, 10:40 AM
Linda, you should video them for us - I'll bet they look really cute & if they protect their delicate pads I'm all for it :flwr:

Love your new avatar btw Little Darby is really growing up and looks cuter than ever :lotsaluv: Little Dudley looks completely fed up with the photo call and wants his Mom to give him his reward :lol:

Cicero's Mummy
5th February 2007, 02:31 PM
Does anyone have those disposable booties you sometimes see on the web?

I wondered if they were any good?? Or if they just keep the dog's feet from getting wet...

Opinions?

arasara
5th February 2007, 03:15 PM
I spoke to someone bout the disposable booties before and they said that although they do keep out the salt they have absolutely zero insulation in them and their feet will freeze. Kosmo is such a baby that if he's out for even a few minutes without his booties he cries and lifts his feet up. I feel awful.

In my humble opinion Muttluks booties are the best ones ever made. I got Gooby because I liked the aesthetics of them and although they are cute they do absolute diddly for keeping out the wet. Kosmo froze just as much with them on as he would have if he were naked.

With the muttluks I just put him on his back and pull them on. They are pretty easy to take on and put off you just have to get a small enough size like LInda said so that they won't fall off.

Thanks to Auntie Linda for showing me Muttluks! :flwr:

Cathy Moon
5th February 2007, 05:48 PM
I'm going to order some for my three! This morning I had to carry India in from outside as she could barely walk after just 2-3 minutes in the backyard. :(

We won't let them go outside alone now that its so cold. I go outside with each of them one at a time, I'm so worried their feet will freeze! :yikes

Lani
5th February 2007, 06:26 PM
I'm ordering some too ...

Cathy, Lucky is just like India, after a few minutes he'll start limping around outside. He never does it indoors or with nice (non-snowy...) weather, so I am thinking his feet are hurting from the snow.

I'm hoping my big boy fits into the xxsmall :)

Coco's mom
5th February 2007, 07:03 PM
Lani, there's a size chart on the website, www.muttluks.com
You place a paw against the chart to see the right size. It's really helpful. That's how I got Coco's. She also wears XXS.

I actually think the muttluks are cute! They look like mittens! They don't have to look like people shoes to be cute. More importantly, I don't have to worry too much about her paws getting cold or her stepping on sharp ice or salt. She happily plays in the snow for longer in the boots. Walks are a breeze. (I sounds like an informercial!) And it's SO NICE to come in from the snow and just pull off the boots and see nice clean and dry paws!

Linda
5th February 2007, 07:31 PM
Of all the Cavaliers that I know that wear these muttlucks the
xxsmall is the size you will need.

I remember buying a pair of xsmall for Dudley thinking they would last longer, and they kept falling off his feet. They are not suppossed to fit big.

Lani: Darby also wears a xxsmall and has for a while now he is now 10 months old.
But check out the chart.

Like Sara said I have seen some pretty fashionable useless boots with zippers and they are only for looks and do nothing for your dog in these extremely cold weather conditions.

I am sure you will be happy with the Muttlucks . :D :D :D :D