• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Star at 9 Weeks

Barb B

This picture of Star makes me laugh. My daughter and I visited her yesterday; she is just over 9 weeks. It looks like she's saying:

"Whaddaya want? I'm busy playing!"

381015216_cf591f6900.jpg

Barb

Wow is she ever sweet, what a little darling.
So how much longer. ????????????????????????

Lucky you getting one of Bruce's Puppies, he is a great guy and Kris is fabulous.

I love the contact that they have with their puppy buyers.

Isn't that bathtub picture the most adorable pic you ever saw. :D :D :D :D

Oh my ..what a darling little face. Bet you can't wait til she is old enough to be home with you.

Star comes home on February 17, so not much longer! We have been visiting her every week; Kris and Bruce are so nice to open their home to the puppies' new families. I love the bathtub picture, it's a classic!

Barb

Star is a perfectly precious little baby! I bet you and your daughter can't wait to get her home! I was on pins and needles when i was waiting to pick up Chester, but when we did it was Christmas Eve 1997, i didn't get any sleep that night but i was never so happy in my life to have that gorgeous little hairball in my room in his long box with that gorgeous face looking up at me! I'll never forget it and i can't wait to get another cavalier puppy this year! Congratulations on little Star! I hope you have as much joy and happiness with her as i have had with my little boy!

Chester's Mum :flwr: :D :D :D :D :D :flwr:

She's a sweetie! I would love to have a bathtub photo of my cavs when they were puppies at their breeder's house! :flwr:

What a character. I love her goofy little face, definitely a "what do you want?" face!

Barb,

Star is such a beauty! I can't wait to hear the stories of her homecoming and see tons of pictures! She's got such a darling face! :D :flwr:

You're so right about Cavalier Talk members needing to wear avatar pics or at least our usernames so that we can recognize each other! It was a pleasure to meet you on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting both you and Star at the next Cavalier Party!

Warning!

Gotta watch out for that Star if you don't like "puppy tongues". She is one of 3 puppies that is the most interested in climbing your chest so she can keep your lips moist :D A real kisser and licker.

She's gorgeous & looks as though she's got soooooooooo much personality - we love puppy kisses here so if you don't like them much, just send her over :lol:

She is BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky you to be getting one of Bruce and Kris's babies ! i've never met Bruce, but can imagine him and Kris being the nicest people you ever want to meet ! I can just tell !! ;)

Barb: Today is Star's (and the other's) big day. She goes into the vet today for her microchip and final checkup. As crazy as she and the others have been lately, nothing to worry about. Well, except keeping an eye on those vet techs to be sure they don't try to steal one :lol: Because we have to keep her quiet for the next 24 hours so the chip won't migrate, tonight will be her first night in a crate by herself. The crates get formed up in a circle facing each other so they can at least see each other. Normally not too much trouble in years past.

Roxanne: Boy, do we have you fooled :lol:

Bruce, I'd really like to see how you keep 10 puppies "quiet" for 24 hours. Sounds like a bit of a challenge to me! :lol:

Star is just beautiful. How wonderful you can get into getting a puppy with the satisfaction that Bruce and Kris will be there to answer your questions forever. Bruce and Kris - you are truly wonderful people! Star is such a little sweetheart I bet you're counting down those hours until you get her! Can't wait to watch her grow! :)

Star and the rest of the puppies are back. Everyone checked out just fine. In fact, we may have set a new record, for ourselves at least. Of the 10 puppies we brought in, not one had an umbilical hernia. Umbilical hernias seem to be quite common in this breed and this is the first time we have not had any. We have only had 1 (or was it 2?) that required surgery to correct it, so we have actually been pretty lucky.

The pups were pretty "vocal" at the vet's office and the vet techs did a really good job of keeping them happy. They weren't real happy about that big needle for the microchip, but we had the vet use a little topical anesthetic so it wasn't too bad. They are home now and we have them in crates. We have been taking them out 1 at a time for 10 minutes or so, so they can pee and poop and stretch their legs. Very busy around here and I have a feeling we won't get much sleep tonight. Just like having a litter of newborns again.

Letting them go to their new homes is truly the definition of mixed feelings. Just like when our daughter moved away from home; couldn't decide whether to celebrate or cry. So we did both!

Oh Star is so cute! Lucky you to be taking one of Bruce and Kris's pups. Glad everyone checked out at the vet!

Still love that tub picture. Rub a dub dub, too many pups in the tub!

Back