• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

our new little girl- Barkleigh Bianca- in Greensboro, NC!

natalieandmike

(We couldn't decide between Barkleigh and Bianca. So, since I liked Bianca, we'll call her that. Plus, I do believe there is already a Barkleigh on this board and certainly I do not wish to incite anyone's ire!)

Bianca will be about 7 months old when we get her in March. We were looking for an older puppy and were exhaustive in our search for a reputable breeder. Bianca was the "pick of the litter" and mom and dad were quite the show dogs, but (fortunately for us), her hocks were too long for conformation. So, ole' ham hocks is coming home with us :D !

This is an incredible forum and I really feel that you all do such a wonderful job of helping keep an upbeat and informative tone. I have learned so much from...the furminator...to Puppias...to crates...to toys...well, hopefully someday we can give back some information! (Personally if CavalierLover and Cicero read this...thank you so much for your help. CavalierLover has been EXTRAORDINARILY kind and helpful in answering all my PM's, and Cicero ...with your help I finally decided on a celltei tote-o-pet in Active beige... Bianca will be traveling to the mountains with us and on a longer trip to Montreal in the summer...will let you know how it goes....)

So, thank you all! It is both of our first times with a dog, but we do have a 9 year old bunny, Baxter, who is a bit apprehensive.....
cheers!

Welcome!!
2qncnr6.gif
Officially!!!

Thanks so much for the lovely words! icon_blshing

You will have to keep us all updated on when your little one is arriving and how it goes!!

Oh I hope you have also learned all about our favourite board topic, poops, too... :lol:

Hi and welcome I cant wait to see more of your beautiful Bianca :) I love the name Bianca so I might steal that for a future fur kid if you dont mind icon_whistling Hubby doesnt like it for a kid so I guess itll have to go to a pet heehee :lol:

thanks enchantingdragon!

No worries about her name. If you like it, then I am flattered and by all means use it! I suppose no one will remember this movie, but I loved the "Rescuers" with Bianca, the white mouse, by Disney, when I was a little girl. It was Eva Gabor, I believe, who did her accent. I have so many pictures on my desk here, I just wish I could post them all! My husband spends his days longingly gazing at the pictures of Bianca...He is truly smitten! ah, well, patience is a virtue...

Hi Bianca's mom and dad!! Oh you're going to have so much fun with a 7 months old!! I just love them at that age. She is adorable. Glad you found us. This board is such a wealth of information...so many friendly and helpful people.

Welcome Bianca, Natalie and Mike! Biance is just gorgeous! I remember the Rescuers...Wow, haven't thought about that movie in forever! :shock: Thanks for the smile! :D Looking forward to seeing more pics of Bianca soon!

Natalie!

Bianca est adorable!! :D

I had imagined her to be a blenheim (like Bibi) but forgot to ask.
We'll have to get Bianca and Bishop together (some day, when we have time :? ) cl*p

One more month-- cavtiny :D

Welcome Natalie! Bianca is such a pretty girl. I got Mia at 6 months--I think you'll enjoy this age. A little easier than an 8-10 week old. They still have puppy qualities, but are a little past the teething/potty training issues.

We're glad to have you!! :flwr:

Welcome!!!!! Gosh, Bianca is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! WOW! Lucky for you (and now us) that she didn't conform! She is precious, congratulations.

Lynn

I love the name even more now. I ADORED the Rescuer's movie. What a perfect fit. All I can hear is that accent now. How perfect for a Cav!

welcome natalieandmikeandbianca! to echo everyone else, bianca really is a gorgeous little girl! you must really be looking forward to having her soon!

glad you enjoy the board---it's so addictive!

:flwr: K

Hi Nathalie,
We are getting an older puppy in March as well. She is 7 months now and will be 81/2 by the time we get her. We are waiting because we are going away for two weeks March 3-17 and don't want to have to leave her with someone unfamiliar as soon as we get her. Too much change.

I'm excited...We'll have to share stories of the transition. When exactly do you get Bianca? We are picking up our Tri girl (currently named Porsche) on March 21.

Hi!

Ooh, yes, I'd love to hear more about your older pup. my biggest concern is that this will be our first dog, and I tend to 'over-educate myself' about everything and will likely obsess over stupid things. We've already bought 4 books, 3 magazines, read all the puppy websites, and of course Cavalier talk! Bianca comes home in March, probably the 14th because our breeder is over in England scouting out new potential sires the first week...we are bothering her incessantly with questions every weekend.

Have you decided on a name yet or staying with Porsche? (my husband, formula 1 aficionado, would LOVE that one...but I say nay) I tried to think of something...what about Viognier? Hmmm. kind of hard to say and spell. I like Cicero's "ries" for riesling. Well, anyway, good luck waiting...boy is it hard! :lol:
Take care! Natalie

No such thing as over educating yourself. I think your approach is very wise! I do the same. It's making my hubby crazy!!!

icon_welcome to the board Natalie, Mike and Bianca!! :)

Karlin said:
Oh I hope you have also learned all about our favourite board topic, poops, too... :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Back