• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bridge?

Lynn

Hello Group!

I have a question. Being new to this group and also new to owning Cavs / dogs...what does 'At the Bridge' mean???? I have never heard that term before. I assume it means late in life??? Ready to go to heaven??? If so, what a very nice term.

Molly & Max go for their spay / neuter surgery tomorrow. I am a bit of a wreck with worry. What I can't imagine is leaving them there and walking away. :cry*ing: I'm planning a very busy day and have a dinner date with hubby for the evening to help keep my mind busy.

Lynn

At the bridge means, a treasured dog that has passed.

We just had Libby spayed. It was a few tough days for us, because we had to take her regular food off of her for the day due to diahrea. She really did great. Sounds like yours is spending the night. Libby didn't do that, so the first night was hard for her to find a comfortable place.

After that it was hard to not have her jump on everything! Her stitches are out and she is back to her crazy self now!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

THANK YOU so much for answering that for me....what a wonderful thought / idea!!! I was in tears reading about the rainbow bridge. I guess I need to make some changes to my signature and add my Maggie (a terrier mix pound dog) that has been on the bridge since 2001.

Molly has to spend the night at the vets, and Max could come home late in the day, but the vet and I decided to keep them together overnight because they would comfort each other. GoCamping....how long did Libby have her stitches in???

Molly & Max have been especially snugglie today...I have to wonder if they sense what is about to happen to them!?

Thanks again for telling me about the bridge.

Lynn

Thanks for posting the Rainbow Bridge. I have a friend who had never heard or read it and the only one I have on file is the one about the Crocodile Hunter.

Lynn, I'm sure your kids will be fine. Normal length of time for sutures is 7-10 days. The hard part is keeping their tongues away from them!

You'll be fine too, Mom. Above mentioned friend of mine took her two boys (poodles) to be castrated and was a wreck. I had given her strict orders to drop them then go shopping - even called her cell phone to make sure that she wasn't at home worrying about them. As long as you trust your vet to do the surgery then you have no need to worry.

Back