PDA

View Full Version : Furminator

moniechris
6th February 2007, 08:19 PM
Alrighty...I may just have to give in! Who has one? What size do you have? Is it worth it? Can you use the Dog Furminator on the cat?? Does it help decrease the rouge tumbleweed furballs around the house??? Wesley and cody have a thin, fine coat but I would do anything to decrease their crazy shedding!!! Thanks for your replies!!

Cicero's Mummy
6th February 2007, 08:25 PM
oops... I posted along with your other post... while it was there...

but, I think there was a thread on the furminator awhile back...

I do have to say... the QVC infomercial is pretty tempting!

Spencer'sMom
6th February 2007, 08:42 PM
I have one and it's amazing. I've only used it a couple of times on Spencer but it's been a lifesaver with my cat who sheds 24/7. I bought it at PetsMart. It's toally worth the $35 it cost. In fact I'd probably pay $100 for it. I think I have the smaller size. The handle is blue if that helps.

GudrunTheRed
6th February 2007, 10:51 PM
I have the small blue one and I LOVE it! Here's my original post on it along with photos of all the dead hair I removed with it the first time I used it: http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3504&highlight=chester+furminator

nangel519
6th February 2007, 11:06 PM
They look amazing, I think I'm going to break down and buy one.

Check Ebay, I saw a few small, still in their packages for $16.99!

Well....I panicked and bought one. I'm such a horrible Ebay shopper! :*bay:

moniechris
7th February 2007, 01:50 AM
I saw them on Ebay too but I didn't want to wait that long! lol. I went to PetSmart after work and bought a small one. I am furminating EVERYONE and EVERYTHING!!! :lol: I discovered that the root of my tumbleweed issues is the cats, not my beloved cavies!!!!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes No joke, I filled a small garbage can with Bacon's hair :yuk: I definitely got more hair off of my boys then I thought humanly possible, but my cats flipping AMAZED me!! I am completely sold!

Oh, and PS: it works on furniture too!!! :D :D

StacyC
7th February 2007, 03:41 AM
I have one. I have the small blue one. It works well if Charlie will let me use it. I still like my shedding blade the best. It is amazing how much hair come off these little critters!