• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

how did you name your Cav ?

Sharon 7

by that I mean, where did you get your baby's name from?
Did you look up baby (human) names?
Did you hear the name on TV

I am trying to think up a name for my next Cav, that is not even on order as yet :paw:

Bella's name (kind of) pays tribute to her mother, who is named "Belly Dancer" (it's part of one of those long registered names), but "Bella" seemed like a cute spin-off.

I've been trying not to name my dogs people names. There are some really cool names to use out there. My cav, Scout, was named after a fictional character though, the little girl from the Harper Lee novel, 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. I guess that name could go either for a person or a title. My newfie, Breeze, who happens to turn 10 today, was named after a girl from a talk show. I was watching a talk show one day and there was a girl named Breeze on the show. I thought that was an interesting name, so that's where that came from. When I think of names I usually write them down, because if I don't I will forget . :lol:

When Andrea was born her breeder gave her that name and after 10 weeks she was getting to know her name, first we thought it was strange but we got used to it and when we finally got Andrea home there was no way to change it :lol:

When Diva was born her breeder told us that we could choose her a name but it has to start with a D, so we had 8 weeks thinking of a name and gosh we had a loong long list of names, but we thought the name Diva would really suit a ruby cavalier so we choosed that one :D

I started to list a few names and Dylan was one we all agreed on. I was just pleased we agreed for a change! Dylan after Bob Dylan. I was thinking of singers names as they can be unusual, not that Dylan is an unusual name but anyway...I call him Dilly too.

Maxx was originally called Albert by his breeder. I rather liked this and was going to keep it but my kids wanted to call him Maxx so that was it :roll:

Charlie already came with his name :lol: Our GSD now at the bridge was called Teddy because the kids kept saying she looked like a little teddy bear - we are soooooooooooo original with dog names in this house :lol:

Our cats (also all at the bridge) have got their names in strange ways too Tinkle because he weed as soon as he got in the house, Tufty because she was all black with a white tuft that stuck up on the top of her head, Mogg after the cartoon cat with an M on his forehead (so did Mogg) and Felix after the cat food cat LOL.

I knew my first little girl would be named Ellie. My husband and I had a special thing with that name (Its a long story but it started off with a greeting card set we discovered but is no longer available Unfortunately Ellie is a name that sounds rather odd with our last name so we decided it would be our first puppy's name Most of the names I pick out for my furbabies are names that I couldn't see using for a child or one that my husband vetoes for a baby and thus they become names in our reserve for our furbabies I learned the hard way to with one of my cats (Griffin) that if I remotely think I like it for a baby I should save it in reserve rather then use it on an furbaby oh well :sl*p: I love names so I have millions reserved here and there :D

Cody was named for Brian Cody, Kilkenny team manager :roll: OH is a Kilkenny native :D Our terrier is named Gavin and i've no idea how we came up with that name :lol:

My Aunt came up with the name Tiki - I think it was a brand of moisturiser or creme she used!

Cassie was the name of a dog on a calendar we had. My Mam always called Cassie 'Honey' and thought that was what we should have called her so when our next dog arrived there was no doubt as to what her name would be - Honey! She has really lived up to her name.

I always liked the name Bella and our Bella is such a beauty she really suited the name. Molly looked just like a 'Molly' and loves to be loved and cuddled!

Some of the names on this forum are fantastic - I do like the more unusual ones. I might start thinking of new names for my next dog.....although that won't be for a long time!

When I decided I wanted a Cav, I wanted an English name, and Lily came to mind. I'm not sure if it's English or not, but I like it. Her middle name Rose sounded English to me too, and it was my Grandmother's name. Then I realize she had two flower names. :flwr: Oh well, I like them both. When I'm mad at her, which is hardly ever, she's Lily Rose. Most times she's Lil-Lil, Baby Girl, Lil, or Sweetie Girl.

cavlover said:
I don't know if anyone ever saw the Johnny Carson show that James Stewsert was on and he wrote a poem about his dog named Bo, who died and he loved so much. My husband loved that so much he wanted to name him bo, I didn't like it because it's so plain so we settled on Bobo.

I did see that show, and loved the poem. I'm telling my age now ;)

Toby got his name as someone suggested he looked like a Toby Jug when he was born?????? Don't ask

Taffy because he came from Wales.

As Archie isn't mine, I really don't know where the name came from.

Our collie when I was little was called Lucky, apparently when my nan went to pick him out he was the last one to walk out of the sleeping area he was in.

I sat around for weeks trying to think of names... we came up with our top 5 girls and boys names... went and picked out our boy... and decided he looked like a Cicero... we let my sister pick out the "middle" name...

So Little Cicero Alexander was named...

Spencer was nameless for about a week. We went back and forth on EVERYTHING, then Josh walked in one day and said "I think his name is Spencer." I agreed.

Izzy was named before we got her. Just something about Izzy stuck with me, and it fit her perfectly.

Tilly's real name is Matilda, which was a royal's name way back when. I think I googled royal names and there was a queen or a princess Matilda at some point, and we just loved it. We were going to call her Mattie, but it just didn't still as well as Tilly.

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

saw a film called lady and the tramp when i was little and knew when i could have a cav i would call her lady.

Same as you Natalie but i let my daughter pick Ladys name and she was in love with the film Lady and the Tramp ten years ago.

My boyfriend & I wanted a name that meant something to us and his only request was that it wasn't too girly.

The breeder had named her kelly but we didn't like that or think it was fitting.

We named Padden after Lake Padden in WA where we went to college and met. We are definitely west coasters even though we now live in the east and wanted to name her after something from back home.

We get so many weird looks out here when we tell people her name since no one is familiar with it! It's kind of annoying having to explain it every time and spell it out. I think we should just come up with a different name for people we don't know!

Well, as my post 2 wks ago showed... I DIDNT IT...DISGRUNTED MOM HERE. Actually, Kodee has come to suit Kodee, as she is much more energetic and comical then we first thought. My daughter picked it as it means pillow which she felt was mighty suitable for a "lap" lovin dog. Apparantly Kodee is an unusual U.S. concenus reported female spelling for Cody. NEXT DOG IS MINE TO NAME!

Back