• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cute Crate

Shay

I bought the cutest crate for Lily and it came last night. I wanted something more attractive for my family room than the hard sided crate in an ugly blue color that we had. I have a hard sided crate in the bedroom where she sleeps too, but no one sees it but us. I love this one. It has a little storage compartment at the top for toys, her coat, or a leash, or harness, or whatever. Thought I'd share it with you.

382794588_33808281e6.jpg

382794586_eb4b0d0dc5.jpg

382830946_a7a1bb806d.jpg

Here is the link: http://www.alsto.com/find.asp

I bought the small and she has plenty of room to lay down and sit up. She is never in this one more than an hour at a time. I put her in when I'm doing stuff around the house or showering etc. There was not much difference in the small and large, excpet for price. The small was a better deal and she will still have plenty of room to grow.

Wow, I love that! But since Kodee chews everything but toys, we are gentle with our toys :roll: a crate like that would be destroyed in under a day. BUT she will grow up to be a lady-like princess oneday... maybe later!

That is precious! Although I must say, she does not look to happy to participate in this photo session! :lol:

Lindsay said:
That is precious! Although I must say, she does not look to happy to participate in this photo session! :lol:

:lol: She does not like to be crated in the family room. It is so funny, because she loves her sleeping crate in our bedroom. I'll say "Let's go night-night and she runs and puts herself in.

Kodee said:
Wow, I love that! But since Kodee chews everything but toys, we are gentle with our toys a crate like that would be destroyed in under a day. BUT she will grow up to be a lady-like princess oneday... maybe later!

Thankfully, She is not much of a chewer. This one is for when she is pretty much in my sight. I wouldn't trust her to be left alone in it if we go out. I will put her in the hard sided crate then. Hang in there, Kodee is a princess, "lady like" is overrated IMO ;)

Scouty girl said:
Lily looks absoutley adorable lying/sitting in her crate.
Thank you!

I've seen that crate, Shay, but it had a flat wicker top. I thought it would be a good idea 'cause it could double as an end table. Of course, now I can't find it anywhere and don't remember where I saw it. I really like the looks of your new crate and the fact that it holds toys is a huge plus, too.

That is so much more attractive than the "slipcover" I made for Cicero's crate!! The slipcover matches our bedroom (where his crate is), but not exactly what I wanted...

DH is going to let me get a wooden cover when we move (he doesn't want to drag everything clear across the country). We have antique white furniture in our bedroom... so I am excited to get to matching it...

That crate cover looks very attractive in your home!

Mic said:
I've seen that crate, Shay, but it had a flat wicker top. I thought it would be a good idea 'cause it could double as an end table. Of course, now I can't find it anywhere and don't remember where I saw it. I really like the looks of your new crate and the fact that it holds toys is a huge plus, too.

Mic....When I was looking for a wicker crate, I saw the ones with the flat top. I was going to get that one, and then I got a catalog (I'm the Catalog Queen, my mail man hates me) and saw this one. I liked the storage part, because we were always putting everthing on top of the crate.

Here's a link to the one you're talking about:
http://www.dogbedworks.com/showproduct.cfm?Product_ID=173&ParentCat=47

I love it! I have two hard ones in my home and they are so ugly!!! And your dining room chairs are lovely!!!

Thanks Stacy!....That's actually my breakfast room. That was Lily's favorite rug to tee-tee on. The dinning room rug was her favorite for poop. Although she hasn't had an accident in several weeks now, I'm waiting a little longer to have them cleaned. (y)

Thanks for showing us Shay! i absolutely love it----and you can't beat the fact that it has a storage space. cute and functional!!!

it's a bit expensive but i think i might just have to buy that and not tell my DH how much it cost....i've caught the shopping fever for dog accessories!

how old is lily now? she looks quite pleased with her pretty new crate :D

k

I love the crate, Shay!

It's not as cute as Lily, though! :D

Just kidding, very nice indeed! :)

Thanks guys!! Lily is 5 mos., she will be 6 mos on 2-21. I can't beleive it, it seems like I just got her yesterday.

I know Kim, it was a little pricey, that's why I decided to get the small. I just hope she doesn't outgrow it, she already weighs 13.6 pounds. I think it will be o.k. though, this ones not for sleeping, but just keeping her corralled while I'm doing stuff around the house.

cute crate!

Shay, I just bought my crate and when I saw your post I turned right around and returned it. I MUST have that crate! It's adorable (of course Lily in it makes it even cuter)...and there's even storage on top! What a great design! (the top would be so cute with a stuffed Woodstock on it...I used to be a big Snoopy fan). Thanks for the link!
Natalie

Back