• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Natural food diet article

Great article Judy -

Now for the bad news ~ I am FAR TOO LAZY to do any of that home cooked stuff myself! :yikes

:lol: :lol:

Very interesting. And she stole some of her metaphors from me! :lol: I always use a life of eating fortified cereal as an example of what it would be like for us to eat the equivalent of kibble day in and out.

But I disagree with this:

And a homemade diet really is more expensive and time-consuming than pouring pellets into a bowl or opening a can.

Maybe if you buy the cheapest supermarket kibble. But I can definitely feed three cavaliers for less on homecooked meals than on a premium kibble. Also if you add in the time driving and shopping at a separate store for premium kibble -- while homecooked can be done in a regular shopping trip -- for many people this too means the time and expense is less than with buying kibble. :)

Same for the cats. It costs me about €60 a month to feed four on premium dry and a bit of tinned wet food. I could easily do them a raw diet of high quality for half that.

If you enjoy cooking, it is fun making homecooked meals. If you hate cooking, better to supplement the kibble with interesting things instead! :)

Back