• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppia in puppy training?...

My Wesley

Is it ok to use the Puppia and my retractable leash when I take Wesley in for his puppy training coming up? There's a place near me that does all kids of training and I see other people use those other kinds of leashes that are really long that I can't think of the name right now. Maybe gentle leaders?

Anyway, I always use his Puppia and his retractable leash daily and he does well. I have a Puppia lead if that would work better for training.

What do we use????

Thanks!

The puppia harness is fine for training (it's not a "corrective" device) and as for retractable leads all the training centers I know of say no. They recommend using a nylon lead.

People use the LONG leads for recall training ~ those are the 20 footer ones and stuff like that.

HAVE FUN WESLEY! You're a star I already know it. :) ANother top of the class Cavalier! Faith is just behind you - she starts Saturday! :flwr:

The places I have been looking at, say a 4 or 6 ft nylon lead. A flexi would be way to hard to teach heal etc on. I was told a harness was alright but everyone in my area (Canada) doesnt know what a Puppia is, so i will have to see. Off topic - for the life of me, I cant get kodee to even let me slip it over her head, much let alone put a foot through - its been fun guys... we should have named her Fiesty!

yep it takes ages to put lady's puppia on we get her to sit down then put something in her mouth nyabone or chewy treat then when her heads still pull it over her head then clip it round her body. It gets easier and they do get used to it.

Back