PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Tri at Humane in Texas

JaneB
7th February 2007, 08:47 PM
I don't know if anyone might be interested but there is a 1.5 year old male Tri at the Humane Shelter in Marshall, Texas (Northeast part of state).

He looks lovely.
JaneB

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7828903

Mic
7th February 2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks. I'll pass this along to some cav rescue folks in that part of the state. Very unusual.

Mic
8th February 2007, 12:00 AM
I just heard back from two folks, one who's active with Lucky Star and is Cappy's breeder. She's in California for a funeral, but has contacted the other locals in the group. Thanks for the alert!

JaneB
8th February 2007, 05:18 AM
Thanks, Mic. Let me know what happens.

JaneB

Mic
8th February 2007, 06:28 PM
Here's what the shelter emailed me:
Mickey,

Thanks very much for the contact. We're helping the pet guardian find
a placement, but the pet is still in the home until a suitable adoption
is found. The guardian wants to interview potential adopters, so this
guy will be ok. But we certainly appreciate the offer.

S***
Humane Society of Harrison CountyI sent this info to Carol, who adopted Penelope from our rescue and lives in Texas. Her friend was interested in another our our rescues, Faith, but not certain. By the time she decided she wanted Faith, she was gone. So she asked to be kept in mind if something else came up, especially a black and tan or tri. Well, she's interested, so we'll see if anything happens this time.

From Carol:

OK, I just spoke to a gal at the Humane Society in Marshall. This is a strange story. They don't have the pup--it is an owner surrender and the owner prefers to keep him at her house until she finds a good home for him. Evidently she posted a notice at a vet clinic saying "free to good home". The humane society is trying to help them and said hey, don't just give him away--he might not go to a good home. They have received NO calls on him. The woman told the humane society that she got him from Minnesota, paid $700 for him, paid $300 to have him shipped to her, then paid $200 to have him neutered as his testicles never dropped. Her husband does not like the dog so they are getting rid of him. She works all day at BCBS and he is in a crate and barks all day. Well, yes, I guess he would! They evidently have a yorkie and something else and it is the husband not liking the dog. They brought him to the shelter to help him get a home and everyone loved him, he was sweet, if a bit scared. She doesn't know of any health issues...said his gum color was good, his eyes were clear, his coat was shiny. Said he is a bit heavy but that is easily fixed. They just want to find a good home for him. AHHHHHH makes me want to slap the guy who "just doesn't like him". We have GOT to find this baby a home.....

JaneB
8th February 2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the update, Mic. I sure hope something works out soon.

If you and Carol need any help, I'll hold the jerk for you. . .:badgrin:

JaneB

Lindsay
8th February 2007, 07:09 PM
Oh that breaks my heart. Sure I don't know the whole situation, but the guy sounds like an a**hole for just say "I don't like him." Well then you shouldn't have gotten him. Fired up! :swear: :swear: :swear:

I hope this little guy finds the home he deserves :flwr:

Mic
8th February 2007, 11:22 PM
GOOD NEWS!!!

After Carol (in Texas) adopted Penelope in November, she had a friend who expressed interest in rescuing a Cavalier. She contacted me and we discussed a few pups, but she and her husband "waffled" a bit and wound up missing out on them. She's kept in touch and is still interested, so I've kept her application on file. I immediately though of her when I saw this petfinder's ad because she originally wanted a tri and she lives outside of Dallas, not far from Marshall where this tri is.

Coincidentally, Carol just emailed me about getting more involved in rescue, so I thought this might be "her moment." And it was! She called the shelter, passed along all the information, acted as a go-between, and made all of the arrangements for Frann to pick up this tri TODAY!!!

How's that for networking?! :flwr:

Cathy T
8th February 2007, 11:27 PM
Wooowhooo!!! The power of The Board and networking. What a fantastic group we've got! Good for you Mic....job well done girlfriend!!

cka
9th February 2007, 01:35 AM
Hey folks, what ya'll all have to understand is that Frann kept trying to steal my darling Penelope, so I was VERY motivated to find her a cavalier of her very own!!! :lol:

This was just the best situation ever--I told Frann about the pup (he has yet to get his new name) and she literally called the place in Marshall and told them she would take him, sight unseen, based on my recommendation and she and her husband went flying off to get him. They called me as they left Marshall and both were just delighted. That little guy is going to the kind of home where he will be spoiled rotten (these are people who adopted several stray cats, had them spayed at their own expense and then found them homes!!).

And yes, she had thought quite a lot about getting a cavalier (not just a wild hare) and this was just the right situation and we both felt it was meant to be!

This was a VERY VERY good day!!!

:D

Carol

Sydney
9th February 2007, 04:06 AM
Sydney here,

Thank you Frann and Carol for helping this rescue and thank you to everyone on this Board who care so much for Cavaliers. You're the reason we are willing to give humans so much love when you bring us into your homes and your hearts.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

cka
9th February 2007, 04:19 PM
Well, we have a name! Sterling (named for the city Stirling in England but spelled like sterling silver). However, when I mentioned "Bentley" Frann really liked that too. But for now the little darling's name is Sterling and both his parents are just madly in love with him so all is well!! YAY! :D

Karlin
9th February 2007, 05:14 PM
Great news; thanks for helping this fellow! What a happy ending. :flwr:

JaneB
9th February 2007, 07:08 PM
Wow! How great is this board??? I love happy endings.Great job Mickey, Carol and Fran. Live long and well Sterling!

JaneB