• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newbie Here

lbyerline

I have lurked on this site for a while and have found it quite informative, glad it's here :)

My name is Linda and I spent the last 12 years raising Aussies and my kids. As the kids got older I started feeling that feeling that only the other moms out there can relate with and began my search for a new baby, a 4 legged one, that could become my companion, my baby, and have the open possibility of breeding.
It has been several years since I retired my Aussies and it would be wonderful to hear the pitter patter of little feet again.

Once I made the decision to move to a smaller breed the Cavaliers were the dog I kept coming back to. One very important thing to me is the way the dog acts around children, not only my own but all children. I spoke with several breeders around the world and finally setted on the Cavalier 3 yrs ago. My female Blenheim is my baby and is spoiled as are all of your dogs.
Shortly after we purchased our male tri, very handsoe and smart young man, even if he does have a tad of a stink problem.

Anyway, I am in love with my 2 babies, they fit the mold that I was desperately searching for and then some. Like I said earlier, my bitch is just going out of season and I have my fingers crossed since this was the first time that I allowed them to be together but I did not catch them locked. They both are very healthy and come from champion lines. Although part of my breeding has been for the pitter patter of little feet, I also firmly believe that one must breed responsibly and one must breed to better the dog breed standards.

Well, that's me. I tend to be wordy and forget to use spell check. I usually have a couple dogs on my lap, along with the 3 kids, husband, and we can't forget the cat.

Welcome!

I need to start with a caution I always make to anyone who comes on board and is also breeding or considering breeding. Please be sure to read the Getting Started section, as breeding discussion specifics actually aren't allowed on the board as there are so many breeder-focused places for breeders wanting to discuss that complex subject and I am wary of encouraging in any way, irresponsible breeding (but nearly anything else, including general topics on breeding, is fine!).

The reason why is outlined in detail there, and also, I am sure will come across from the threads on this board -- this is a very precious breed, but it is a breed under potential threat as there are currently some severe health issues within it that must be properly professionally tested for by good breeders.

As you've done your research and have a high level of commitment to the breed, I know you will be well aware of the MVD breeding protocol and I hope too, of the very high incidence of the neurological condition syringomyelia in the breed. I have an entire site devoted to providing information to pet owners and breeders on this subject: http://sm.cavaliertalk.com which I hope will prove informative if you haven't come across it. :) Many of us on the board also have SM cavaliers, including me, so I like this to be an open and welcoming place for support and discussions as well as a place where I can get out the latest news on the subject out to others.

We do have several excellent professional show breeders on the board, members of the national professioal clubs in the US, Canada and UK, who are active community members and have always been helpful when people have private questions -- and offer suggestions as part of that wider show and breeding community, which helps quarantee the quality of cavaliers and best ensures both their health and conformation. (y)

Please enjoy yourself, and I know we will enjoy seeing some pics of your two.

PS I love that on your website you have diapers called Happy Heinys! :lol:

You now I kind of debated if I should mention that at all. I usually don't say much about it because I know just how precious breeding as a whole is. I get very irritated myself with 99% of the breeders out there.

I will need to figure out the picture in a little bit. Hopefully they will be as easy as the other boards.
Hey the diapers are great, we even make them for our bitches. My poor girl was getting mad at me when I would kick her out of bed when she was in season and we needed something to prevent the spots ;)

Back