PDA

View Full Version : Tricolor, Joey II, in Indiana

My Wesley
8th February 2007, 05:27 AM
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7833444

I applied to adopt Joey! Hopefully it works out! I'll keep you all updated.

AND.... if it doesn't work for me, please also submit an application for him! Don't hesitate to do it now either just because I have.

He looks JUST like Wesley to me in the face, except just being a different color. :)

Mic
8th February 2007, 06:01 AM
Aww...what a little doll! 10# adult and he looks so healthy! Good luck and keep us posted.
Homes with Yorkie/Toy Dog experience and fenced in yards are given first preference. Odd? You'd think they want someone with Cavalier experience?

Maxxs_Mummy
8th February 2007, 11:45 AM
He's gorgeous - good luck with the adoption. I'm sure he'd love it with a Cavalier brother :flwr:

Claire L
8th February 2007, 01:04 PM
Oh I so hope you get him. He's absolutely gorgeous :l*v:

:xfngr: and :paw: :paw: s crossed here for you -good luck!!

:flwr:

Alison_Leighfield
8th February 2007, 01:19 PM
Everything crossed here for you as well... :flwr:

Alison.

matties mum
8th February 2007, 02:49 PM
:xfngr: please keep us posted :lotsaluv: Aileen and the gang(Jazzie--Barney--Sam)

Lisa_T
8th February 2007, 03:24 PM
And they won't send this Cav to a home with kids! I'd understand if they said they won't send to a home with children under say, 8, but a blanket refusal to place with kids at all seems a bit odd when Cavs and kids can do so well together.

He's gorgeous!

My Wesley
8th February 2007, 04:06 PM
I know! In his description it says there are 5 kids in his foster home and he does well with all of them. I think if people are vigilant in making sure things are safe and ok, that they should be placed wherever they will be happy. I'm asking them to break all their boundaries by adopting to me. I have kids under 8, no fence, etc. But I obviously know and am familiar w/ the breed and take extra special care to make sure that everyone in this home is safe. My kids have been SO wonderful with Wesley, so how could you deny them that?

Anyway, we'll see what they say! I gave them my breeder's info that I got Wesley from as a reference. As well as this website. Hopefully they consider me over someone else w/ NO Cavalier experience! :)

Cicero's Mummy
8th February 2007, 04:36 PM
Oh my... I was browsing PF and saw him... then saw your post... I am sooo glad that you are trying to adopt! I hope they do let you have him. He looks like such a sweetie and is so pretty tooo!

You must be checking your email every 5 minutes to see if they have replied! I know I would!

Good luck and keep us updated!

My Wesley
8th February 2007, 04:51 PM
LOL! Yes I am! I even sent a follow-up e-mail this morning with more info!

My husband is like, "are you bored during the day or something?!" He thinks I'm crazy because I talk to him about another Cavalier at LEAST twice a day! LOL! I was like no.... dishes are done, house is clean, :v*cuum: everyone is fed and clean... Wesley needs a buddy! haha

matties mum
8th February 2007, 05:43 PM
still got my :xfngr: ---Aileen and the gang(Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

JaneB
8th February 2007, 06:15 PM
Good luck with adopting Josh! I don't understand the no kid thing either except when a dog shows a fear or distrust of children. How could he be in a foster home with 5 kids and be okay if he doesn't like them? Curious isn't it. Some of the mill dogs come out afraid of kids because it's often the children that are given the task of feeding and mucking out the cages and aren't always kind to the dogs. I can see how that creates the fear but generally Cavs love kids. Do you think it is because he is on the small side and the rescue folks think it would be better not to have him around children? It will be interesting to find out their reasoning. Keep us posted. All fingers and paws crossed for you.
JaneB

My Wesley
8th February 2007, 06:44 PM
Their reasoning is strictly because of his size. This apparently seems to normally be a Yorkie rescue. A lot of breeders are against placing with families w/ small children. But again, there is always a case by case basis. I would've never got a Cavalier if I felt my children could harm him. They're very accustomed to smaller dogs and do very well. As well as Wesley is ALWAYS at my side so no one is ever unsupervised. Unlike people that just let their dogs and kids run crazy. :)

I'm still waiting to hear back. They have you provide three references and they check your references first, etc. It says on there that it could be a 1-2 week process.

My Wesley
9th February 2007, 09:08 PM
And........

I'm bummed. Apparently since Wesley isn't neutered yet (he's only 4 months!) that goes against their policy that all pets in the home must be spayed or neutered. Which I don't see why that really matters since it'd be two boys and he's getting neutered @ 6 months anyway.

But, I guess they have other good applicants. I just told the rescue coordinator to at least try to place him in a Cavalier home where the owners are familiar with the health issues in the breed.

:( :cry*ing:

Karlin
9th February 2007, 09:42 PM
Hmmm, maybe another case where cavalier breed rescue should try to help out. Requiring neutering at 4 months is pretty darn young.

My Wesley
9th February 2007, 10:38 PM
Well, she e-mailed me and said that there were actually several Cavalier owners as applicants and that the others had also mentioned the health issues. I told her I'm not too surprised because he was posted on both boards, so he was sure to stir some interest.

So, hopefully he just ends up with someone in the community! Even if it's not me! :)

My Wesley
13th February 2007, 06:49 AM
His posting was down for a while and now it's back up as pending.... I'm annoying and I e-mailed her again in case anything falls through. :)