PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm a dork...

Cicero's Mummy
8th February 2007, 02:27 PM
I ordered a new purse in from Coach (because it was green) and it got here today... and I totally don't like it! It is a Demi Satchel... that I was told looks like thier hobo bags, and it doesn't. :( So... I returned the purse, but saw something I just couldn't pass up...

The Legacy Stripe Dog Sweater...
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=8622&category_id=623

It is so cute... and I have the legacy stripe umbrella and ponytail scarf... and a legacy strip turtleneck of my own... so I thought it would make a great family photo. (DH has a nice Chocolate Dress Shirt I am going to throw him in with jeans) I ordered it a size bigger than he would need right now so that it will fit a little closer to the time when we get our "fall" photos done for our Christmas update.

I figure it would make a nice update for everyone and doggie anouncement... :) icon_whistling

enchantingdragon
8th February 2007, 04:09 PM
Oh thats cute and it will make a beautiful family portrait. I know what you mean about buying a Coach just because of the color. I have the lilac firefly bag from last season. I lusted after it for so long as it was the perfect color and my hubby bought it for me for my birthday! :D Unfortunetly because we waited so long I missed out on the matching wallet :? Oh well maybe next time

Cicero's Mummy
8th February 2007, 04:34 PM
Lol, the girls all know me in my Coach store. :) They actually call me anytime they get anything green in, or even know about anything green. I have had some stuff back-ordered even before it came out! LOL!

My poor dh says at least it is not LV!! I actually loved the look of them... like 5 years ago, but then all the knock offs came out... and that turned me off.

enchantingdragon
8th February 2007, 05:26 PM
Im not crazy about LV for some reason Not my thing I guess though their groomsman line made me change my mind a little but still not enough to make me want one.

Dior though is a different story. icon_whistling Sadly all of its so pricey and I feel bad spending such a huge amount of money all on myself so its just a dream I guess.

*Pauline*
9th February 2007, 12:42 AM
Tell me I'm wrong and it doesn't cost $148 for a little tiny jumper! :shock:

arasara
9th February 2007, 02:00 AM
I'm with you Pauline - I couldn't imagine spending that much on a sweater for myself let alone the dog :?

It is cute though Raven ;)

PamH
9th February 2007, 03:44 AM
I'm with you guys. If I spent $148 on a sweater for Maddy my husband would have me certified!
Pam

Cicero's Mummy
9th February 2007, 01:23 PM
<--- not nutty... just designer crazed... I blame it on my mom... :) She taught me how to shop!

That is cheap compared to my wardorbe... I love Brooks Brothers and Ann Taylor... and Dr. Mojo or Indigo Nation is where I get my jeans... so I guess I dont look at it that way...

arasara
9th February 2007, 03:43 PM
LOL I've never heard of most of those brands Raven icon_whistling

Cicero's Mummy
9th February 2007, 03:45 PM
Dr. Mojo and Indigonation aren't brands, they are stores that carry a bunch of brands like Juicy Couture, True Religion and Rock and Republic... things like that... don't feel too bad, there are only 3 Indigonations in the whole country! :)

Lindsay
9th February 2007, 04:03 PM
I'm a Target girl, where the people AND dog clothes are priced normally. I opened this link and thought I read it wrong. I would have to give up food for 2 weeks to by my dog that sweater. :yikes

Cicero's Mummy
9th February 2007, 04:08 PM
lol... I love Target too... I am in there at least once a week!! They have great diy stuff!! I tend to have an interior decorating streak every so often and they are great for that...

Have you seen they carry the AKC toys... they came out with some new ones that are SOOOOO cute!

mishmosh
9th February 2007, 11:58 PM
are you a millionaire or something?!

Cicero's Mummy
10th February 2007, 12:04 AM
um, not that I last checked... :roll:

I just choose to spend my money on such things as these... I was a big saver through college, investments are a smart idea... now it's time to have fun!

*Pauline*
10th February 2007, 01:08 AM
I blame it on my mom... :) She taught me how to shop!

Ooops, I taught my daughter to shop in Primark and H&M like all the girls I know. I think we get more of a buzz getting lots for our money. I don't even let her get anything in Top Shop!

Lani
10th February 2007, 01:44 AM
Raven, the Coach sweater is adorable!! Looking forward to seeing pics of your baby wearing it. :-) Hope he does not outgrow it too soon ... (Lucky has nearly outgrown his whole wardrobe ...) :oops:

PamH
12th February 2007, 08:21 AM
<--- not nutty... just designer crazed... I blame it on my mom... :) She taught me how to shop!

That is cheap compared to my wardorbe... I love Brooks Brothers and Ann Taylor... and Dr. Mojo or Indigo Nation is where I get my jeans... so I guess I dont look at it that way...

Well, I buy clothes at Brooks Brothers and Ann Taylor also, and hubby didn't think I was certified for that. He would take me to Bloomingdales and Neimans for a real shopping spree. When you are out in the professional world you do need to dress appropriately. Nowadays I don't have the top of the line shopping sprees either because he is retired.
But even if he were still working too, he would never understand my spending that much on a sweater for Maddy.
I do think there is a difference, just my opinion you understand.
Hey, if you can afford it and hubby agrees, more power to you.
Pam