• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sofee Marie - Spay today!!

momay

Well, I dropped her off this morning and only cried when I handed her over to the tech. :cry*ing: I actually held it together all the way into work!
She is also getting microchipped and will be staying over night at the vet. I don't think I'll know what to do with a free night. It will be our first since mid-October! :roll:
I'm buying her onesie tonight. I already purchased one, but it was too small. I'm also getting the Bactine 1st Aide Spray to put on the wound. She is now 13.9 lbs, her 6 month birthday was on Wednesday (2/7/07).
Here is picture of her on her birthday.
384491625_3ba2dd39cf.jpg

I want to thank everyone who has posted their spay experiences on this board, I've read and reread them many times and feel so much more comfortable with the process. :flwr: :flwr:
I wish my vet offered the laparoscopic version, but they do not. I had my gallbladder out this way and I was up and about doing almost everything normal in 4 days!
I'll let you know how it progresses and thanks again! :xfngr:
Momay and Sofee Marie

Hi Momay,

Little Sofie Marie will be fine.....My Scout had the same thing done, spay and microchip, back in October. I couldn't believe it when I picked her up the next day. She acted as if nothing had happened to her. I brought her home and was walking into the bedroom, when she flew by me and JUMPED on the bed :yikes . I almost died. I couldn't believe she did it that quickly. Thankfully she was fine, but I did keep a closer more watchful eye on her. She never cried or whimpered. It was like she went on an overnight sabatical. LOL

Thanks so much Shay and Scouty Girl!
The surgeon just called and she made it through just fine. She is 'resting comfortably'. They will call me tomorrow morning after 9:00am for an update and when I should pick her up. :D :D
I did drop her off at 8:00am and due to other surgeries they didn't get to her until after 2:00! I guess she was a little 'vocal', but I would be too! :shock:

Thanks for your kind words and assurance and I hope she recovers as quickly as Scout did - you must have been so relieved!

I have all the confidence in the world that little Sofee Marie will bouce right back. :flwr: Also, I think Scout recovered quickly because she didn't want her big sister Breeze to think she was a wimp!!! LOL. Please keep us informed. By the way Sofee Marie looks so much like Scout they could be sisters!!! One day I'll post a picture, hopefully this month, I'm waiting for a friend to help me, and you can see how similar they are.

Hi all!
Thanks for the inquiries, the doctor just called and said she can be picked up anytime. I am actually taking advantage of the time and am having a facial in 15 minutes! I'll pick her up after that. I can HARDLY wait to see her, and love her, and hug her, and kiss her, and snuggle with her..... It's a sad sight, :sl*p: but Momma loves her little girl! :l*v:
We would all love to see a picture of Scout soon, especially Sofee, she has only met two other Cav's since we got her, so I try to keep her updated on all her on-line fur-friends.
I'll let you know her condition later today or tomorrow, thanks again everyone!
Momay and Sofee Marie
:flwr:

i know sofee will be very happy to be home.
hey, i really like your rug. very cute doggie too. :D

Here are a few photos of Sofee after her spay. :snap: I think she is doing just great. We got home, had a pain pill and a late lunch, few treats and then we slept for about 4 hours. She is sore, but not too bad. She can't do the stairs going to outside, too steep, so I carried her of course and that didn't bother her.
She has tried to pooh, but just ends up sitting down. I'm not sure if it hurts too much or what - no whining. I guess maybe that will work better tomorrow.
She was licking around the suture area, just cleaning it I think, but not the actual sutures (they are bright PINK by the way!!). I'll put her onesie on once she wakes up from her second nap.
Thanks for the rug compliment Judy! That is Sofee and Momma's rug. I sit there at night after dinner and we play forever. :lol: I purchased it at Marshalls for $5.00, actually I have two, they were on clearance. They are appropriate for our area, we live only a mile from the coast, just north of Boston, it is really beautiful. 8)
Now we are waiting for Daddy to get home, and then we'll all be on vacation for a week, yeah!
Pray that she is able to pooh soon! icon_whistling
:flwr:

385976783_72e924de8b.jpg

385976781_42f46388e4.jpg

My Muffin had her spay yesterday too. She only has 4 stitches and she is acting 90% normal-- a bit tired- a little sore-- but pure Muffin. Sandy

Back