PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Cavalier in Cardiff UK

Yvonne117
9th February 2007, 04:19 PM
I have just read on www.epupz.co.uk under cavaliers an ad giving a 5 yr old blenheim cav free to good home. This makes me very nervous as it is in Wales. How can these people be sure whoever they give him to is not a breeder and wont take him to a puppy farm.

Maxxs_Mummy
9th February 2007, 05:17 PM
I have contacted epupz and asked them to pass on the details for the Cavalier Rescue co-ordinator for Wales.

The site owners are pretty good if alerted to anything and detest puppy farming themselves. :flwr:

Yvonne117
9th February 2007, 05:29 PM
Many thanks I did not know what to do, am really grateful was so worried about him.

Maxxs_Mummy
9th February 2007, 06:05 PM
I hope they do get in touch with the owner. I would do it myself but you have to be a full member to contact someone.

Yvonne117
9th February 2007, 06:18 PM
I have a friend who I think is a member. If I can get the number of the owner I will PM it to you.

Karlin
9th February 2007, 06:22 PM
Why not register and get the name; registration is free.

Yvonne117
9th February 2007, 06:31 PM
Registered but now it is saying you must wait five days for new ads or you need a premier account which you must pay for.

misty
9th February 2007, 07:20 PM
I've just spoken to Charlie's owner. Fortunately, he has been neutered, so that protects him from prospective dodgy owners in the puppy farms. :)

A lady is going to see him tomorrow, and they're hoping she will fall in love with him.

Yvonne117
9th February 2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for everyones help. Hopefully he will find a lovely new mum.

carla_clemartill
10th February 2007, 02:46 PM
Have registered and left phone message and email message for person advertising, as there is a cavalier rescue in wales where everyone on the list is vetted and checked. The waiting list in Wales for a rescue cavalier is about 5 years. Would gladly have the old boy here until a good home could be found, depending on how desperate they are to rehome him. Poor thing... wonder what the circumstances are after 5 yrs?

Maxxs_Mummy
10th February 2007, 03:16 PM
I've just spoken to Charlie's owner. Fortunately, he has been neutered, so that protects him from prospective dodgy owners in the puppy farms. :)

A lady is going to see him tomorrow, and they're hoping she will fall in love with him.

Thanks Fran :D

I am registered on the site but not as a full member.

misty
10th February 2007, 04:13 PM

Thanks Fran :D

I am registered on the site but not as a full member.

I joined ages ago when I was looking for Bradley! :)

carla_clemartill
12th February 2007, 09:40 AM
I received an email from the lady who was looking to rehome Charlie, saying he has found a lovely new home, with a very nice lady who will pamper him and take very good care of him, so am guessing 'that' was the lady who went to see him and 'did' fall in love with him.

misty
12th February 2007, 02:44 PM
woohoo - that's wonderful news :).

And we know that all of us at Cavalier Talk would have helped him if necessary. :)

Cathy T
12th February 2007, 04:25 PM
Great news!