PDA

View Full Version : What does your Cavalier do that makes you smile?

KimNIndy
9th February 2007, 07:21 PM
hi everyone....here's a new little topic:

what sort of sweet or silly things does your cavvie do that just make you smile? :D

here's a couple of indy's

1. if i'm on the couch he likes to walk back and forth under my legs, sqeezing his way between them and the couch like a cat!

2. i love it when he insists on sitting in my lap in that way that only cavaliers can.

3. a seemingly innocent object like a bottlecap or paper cup can suddenly become his 'nemisis' which means he must chase it and bat it around while snarling for at least ten minutes.

4. i love the tiny little 'growls' he makes to get my attention when he wants a door opened so he can go in or out. it's like the doggie equivalent of throat clearing 'ahem ahem....mommy i need you!'

:D k

Barbara Nixon
9th February 2007, 07:33 PM
Joly sits up and begs, tucking his paws tight in , at the last minute. Hard to refuse but it has to be done.

Joly and Izzy bringing a retrieve, especially if it had to be searched for..

*Pauline*
9th February 2007, 07:35 PM
What a sweet topic.

Just about every thing Dylan does makes me smile. Sometimes he just looks at me and I know he loves me to bits. That always gets a smile.

Oh and I'm always amused when he gets off anyone elses lap just to be on mine ;) We say, "come to the one you love" and he gets off them and sits on me!!!

WillowsMom
9th February 2007, 07:45 PM
I just love Willow's little "puppy grunts" she makes when she's getting comfortable, or we move her when she's sleeping - just adorable!

And the way her whole body wags when we come home - how can you not feel loved!?!

Krista

Lindsay
9th February 2007, 07:49 PM
Spencer makes me smile when he will get in between me and his daddy, especially when we are kissing :shock: , as if to say "My mommy, not yours. My kisses, not yours." :luv:

Izzy is my player. She is up for playing 24/7. Any toy is hers. Any shoe is hers. Any animal is hers (especially Howie). She is always looking out and protecting and playing with all the things that are hers. I am the only one that she will share with. :luv:

Tilly is such a sweet baby girl. She is wagging her tail nonstop 24/7. She is always happy to see you. She is always happy for you to talk to her. She is always happy to get petted. She is even happy to get into trouble! :roll: She is just the happiest little dog I have ever had and dispenses hugs and kisses like they are going out of style. :luv:

Just knowing there are cavs in my life makes me smile.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My Wesley
9th February 2007, 08:03 PM
I would say when I'm sitting here at the computer Wesley makes sure to be at my feet with a toy.

misty
9th February 2007, 08:06 PM
I love it when Cailean says "woo woo woo"

Bradley when he gives me a "Bruddle" - which means a Bradley cuddle, a really close snuggle

Kevin when he does his "happy dance" when I walk in. He woofs and raises one front leg then the other whilst I sing to him.

estertje
9th February 2007, 08:06 PM
2. i love it when he insists on sitting in my lap in that way that only cavaliers can.

3. a seemingly innocent object like a bottlecap or paper cup can suddenly become his 'nemisis' which means he must chase it and bat it around while snarling for at least ten minutes.

4. i love the tiny little 'growls' he makes

Those exact same things!! And at nr3, just add nicnacs (you know, the biscuits), I'll try to post a clip of it later on, it's hilarious!!
Also the way he comes to lie at my side in my bed in the morning when he's awake before me, he snuggles up, and falls asleep like a little baby :luv: and off course his amazing eyes!

merlinsmum
9th February 2007, 08:07 PM
At training class - Merlin sits looking at me and I just think - thats my boy :D

Oakley on the other hand makes me smile when he is asleep and out of mischief! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

moniechris
9th February 2007, 08:19 PM
Whenever I am really frustrated when Zoey has an accident on the floor (by missing the puppy pad) and I am on my hands and knees scrubbing, she will sneak up and steal the paper towel roll and makes me laugh every time. I take the roll away, and she steals the wad that I am using. :lol: :roll: She is such a clown.

I love that Zoey doesn't lay next to Cody and Wesley, she lays ON them. :D

I love how trusting Cody is. He will climb in my lap, then fall backwards and he just expects me to catch him (and knows that I will). Belly rubs are sure to follow. :l*v:

I love when Wesley sees me sitting or laying down and he comes up and literally lays on my face. He snuggles back when I give him kisses and moans and groans with delight :luv:

I love when Cody and Zoey are too sleepy to romp and play anymore, so instead they lay next to each other and bite each other on the muzzle and howl. :lol:

Scouty girl
9th February 2007, 08:40 PM
I do love when Scout says "Woo Woo Woo", I didn't realize this was a cavalier thing until I joined this site. All the neighbors get a big kick out of it.

I especially like when I'm scolding for the 1,000,000,000 time not to chase or bully the cats. While I'm scolding her she runs up to me and gives me the big, sad eyes saying I won't do it again. I know it's a lie, but I fall for it everytime. She's just so darn cute!!! icon_whistling

momay
9th February 2007, 08:49 PM
These posts are so wonderful, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes!
I love it when Sofee runs from room to room looking for me in the morning when Daddy takes her out of her crate. When she does, I kneel down and she sticks her head in my lap, sits on her tail and snuggles just as close as she can, then she turns on her side and lays belly up for rubs and puppy massage! :l*v:
Also, I love the way she plays until she is so tired that she lays on my lap, still pulling and tugging at a toy with her mouth but the rest of her body from her neck down as already gone to sleep! :d*g:

BarbMazz
9th February 2007, 09:19 PM
I love when Bentley sings when I whisper "mama, mama" in his ear. Sometimes he sounds like he's trying to say "mama", too!
I love when Bentley curls into my side in bed for a snuggle. He's a perfect fit.
I love when Clancy climbs on my lap and pushes his face against my nose and mouth (I can't breathe!). He loves when I blow air against him there.. he closes his eyes, too!
I love when Clancy climbs off my bed using his crate as a stepping stool. He always pauses for BIG stretch before continuiing to the floor.

Yvonne117
9th February 2007, 10:23 PM
I love it when I come home and both dogs are so excited to see me that they sort of run up to me sideways with their tails wagging so hard and both back into me then fall over to have their tummys rubbed. Its so nice to be loved. I wish I could train hubby and kids to be that appreciative!

Maxwell&me
10th February 2007, 12:04 AM
Hmmm.....My favorite is when Maxwell huggs me with his paws on my arm, and he always has this intense look~ Like, mumma, do you REALLY know how much I love you? ( Yeah, my husband thought I was a wack job too until he saw it himself...*smile* )

I love it when Hogan Goes Potty in the morning for daddy, and the minute he hits the Door he runs full force thru the house~ My bedroom is on the other side, but I can hear him comming~ and he LEAPS into my bed for a rub and his morning hello....While Maxwell glares becouse hes to big to be on the bed...

I love when I get out of the shower in the morning and open my bathroom dorr and both fellas are waiting very patiently for their breakfast right outside...

I love it on cold winter nights, while laying in front of the fireplace...to have both my dogs snuggled behind my legs snoring, and Its fun to watch them both play with their balls, and are so carful not to take each others, I love watching my daughters each take turns giving scratches and love and now that we have two they dont fight anymore

;)

What do I love, and what makes me smile most about my dogs, that they are the most kind, most loving and most soulful animals Ive ever had....they almost remind me of horses in a way...there is something in the eyes that changes you when you meet one for the first time....
That makes me smile.......It makes me a better person, more kind, more forgiving and more in tune with the simple things that are so very important....Its not complicated, just pure. :D

tuna
10th February 2007, 12:17 AM
I love the way Nemo claimed my shoe rack as his bed. I've now lined it with old towels for him to sleep in. My shoes go on the floor instead!

Crittercall
10th February 2007, 02:42 AM
I love the way Wallis will come up beside me in bed then literally fall against me so that we can support each other while we sleep.

I love to watch Tibby sitting in the chair with Bubba. She turns over on her back and cuddles next to him to sleep.

It's so funny when he takes the girls to be groomed. I'm usually still in bed and the only time Wallis ever makes a sound (besides snoring) is when she sees a leash. Tibby is debarked and doesn't make much sound and Sasha barks. They are so excited and just love the groomer. (They were confused when Tibby was the only one to go somewhere today. I kept Wallis and Sasha with me while she left. Bubba said that she was very nervous.)

judy
10th February 2007, 07:26 AM
the way the increasingly long fur on his sides goes up and down when he trots, like wings flapping.

also like willow, his whole body wags when he wags his tail, that really makes me smile.

Belle gets happy when any attention is paid to her, and if she is doing something wrong and i say "Belle, stop chewing that!" or whatever, in a scolding one, she looks up with a goofy happy look, as if to say "You're talking to me!!" she is the opposite of those dogs who look guilty when they're scolded. she doesn't have a guilty bone in her body.

i love when i pat zack on the chest and his eyes close half way and he looks kind of hypnotized.

i love when zack or belle is playing by themself with a chew toy and they roll over on their back with it in their mouth and hold it with their paws, they look so blissful, cute.

Fraggle
10th February 2007, 10:39 AM
I love it when Bella come up to greet me wagging her whole body and crying that i've been gone.

I love the fact that she will wait in the hallway for me to come back if i've just nipped out.

I love the way she'll cry at me if i'm taking too long to come to bed and she want to go to sleep on me.

I love the fact that she steals my pillow at night and tries to sleep on my head.

I love the snuffles that she does when she's asleep.

I love the way that she barks at dogs on TV

angie
10th February 2007, 11:11 AM
oo i love this one! i spend so long worrying about him i should point out the good bits.

i love it when:
he flops into my lap first thing on a morning when we have a cuppa
he greets me with great big waggy bum and prances his fron feet at me to pick him up for cuddle.
he snuggles his head in between my legs when i blow dry him.
he touches my hand when he needs to go outside
he knows who i am when my hubby says go see moma
he sits up straight and eyes wide when he knows its trainnig time
he helps unpack the shopping looking for his treat
he comes and sits next to me on pc cos he wants to see the pictures of the other cavs
he and the cat sit and sniff each others faces
he sniffs and snuggles into my face and hair
he makes happy funny noises when he plays with my son sean
he makes happy funny noises full stop!
i could go on and on.....

Shay
10th February 2007, 03:07 PM
Everything she does makes me smile, well almost :flwr:

Remali
10th February 2007, 10:35 PM
There are so many things that Bentley does, but there are two things that really come to mind...

How he will "hold" on to my arm with his paws and squeezes me like he is giving me hugs!

And in the morning, before I get up, Bentley will come up next to me in bed and lay his head ontop of my head or next to mine, and then he gives a big sigh.

LauraD
11th February 2007, 12:09 AM
Aww, what a great topic. I love reading all the replies, so sweet. :luv:

What does Riley do that makes me smile, here's just a few :lotsaluv: :

If it's wet outside, he wipes his back feet on the throw rug while he does this little sneezy sound
The way he sometimes goes after his favorite 2 toys making sounds like a racoon in a fight while running about the house
His whole body wags when he's happy to see you
He cocks his head a bit to the side when I sing to him
In the morning when i greet him and he snuggles into my chin and neck
The way he still sleeps on his back sometimes (with everything free for the world to see) in ultimate comfort and bliss

Zippy
11th February 2007, 01:03 AM
Mary Alice makes me smile all the time!

She's very rascally but hilarious too!

Sometimes she's naughty but it's very hard to not just laugh at her! :lol:

Mary Alice is a beautiful little doggie, we're very lucky! :)

Mabes
11th February 2007, 01:29 AM
Oh frodo!

-He snores like a train and its too cute!
-He sighs really loudly after settling down for a nap
-He hops around like a circus dog when he sees his leash
-In the morning I have to nudge him to wake him up and he always looks up at me and yawns and then stretches like hes saying "just 5 more minutes!"
-I love when he falls asleep on his back with all his legs stretched out
-He burps after he eats
-When he plays he does an adorable growl and sticks his bum in the air, like hes so tough! :lol:

Cathy T
11th February 2007, 02:23 AM
Oakley on the other hand makes me smile when he is asleep and out of mischief!

That was exactly my first thought when I saw this thread!! :D Love Jakey to death...but really love him when he's tuckered out. Love it when he's laying on the couch, completely pooped, but stares at me.

In the a.m. the sounds of their feet as they come dashing down the hallway and throw themselves onto me in the bed.

Shelby's deep heavy sighs when she's getting ready to go to sleep.

Gracesbigsis
11th February 2007, 02:28 AM
Grace's adorable quirks? I could go on forever!
I love Grace's hugs, we call them Grace-in-the-face, smother hugs, and Gracie hugs!
I love it when she snorts when she puppy bites me!
I love how she can make her face look so sad when I'm eating something she wants.
I love her growl, it's so menacing!! Actually, it's adorable and she couldn't scare anyone, though she thinks she's ferocious!
I love how she just sits there and licks my hand like it's covered in peanut butter!
I love it when I put my hand in the bag of treats and she sits down and stares at me with complete attention.
I love how she hates it when I go to the bathroom and leave her outside. She whines and scratches at the door.
I love how she's learned "Tastyface" as meaning someone with yummy makeup who loves to come over and walk her.
I love how hyper she gets when she's just had a bath or come in from the cold winter weather.
I love it when she gets snow on her nose and tilts her head back as she licks it off.
I love how when she licks my hand and her tongue flips around each finger (hard to discribe but oh how it tickles!!
and on and on forever!

jill
11th February 2007, 05:12 AM
great topic... there are so many things that max does, but if i had to pick a few:

i love when i take a shower and he lays outside the shower door (every now and then i see a little nose pressed up against the doors) and as soon as he hears the water shut off he's ready to lick my legs dry for me...

i love some of the noises he can make when he is frustrated about something...

and i just love how he isnt happy until he kisses me on the lips... a million on the cheek don't equal on on the lips to him....

he's such a sweet good boy, a real blessing to me.

laurenlyn1
12th February 2007, 05:37 AM
just about everything that brady does make me happy.

i love when he rings the bell to go out and then turns and looks at me like, come on mom, didn't you hear me...

i love when it's bed time and i get under the covers and then i go "brady" and then he gets under them with me

i love how he has now claimed that couch as his

i love how he always wants to be by me

i love how he greats me after i've been out for a bit

i love the little noises he makes when giving kisses

the list could go on forever

PamH
12th February 2007, 06:38 AM
I love how Maddy licks my face all over when she sees me.
I love how she snuggles under the bedcovers and cuddles up to my tummy.
I love how she jumps up on the sunlounge and sits out in the sun like a little sunbather.
I love how she plays with her little stuffed lamb.
I love how she gets quite irritated when people don't notice her.
I love how cute she looks sitting in her car seat.
Pam

Halina
12th February 2008, 06:47 PM
I love that she knows the routine, gets up, potty, fed and cuddle time with me before work.
I love when she snuggles around my neck like a fur collar, looking up at me with those loving eyes.
I love when she's done going potty she runs to the door to let me know she is done.
I love when she puts all her toys on me and has play time on my lap.
I love when she climbs behind my neck while we are in the rocking chair to see who's doing what and when she knows what's going on, climbs down to snuggle. (we sit in lazyboy rocking chair, feet propped up, covered)
I love that she totally trusts me.
I love when I say it's night night and she climbs in her crate where I cover her with her blanket and kiss her and she looks at me so lovingly.
I love when she pounces on her small rabbit and acts so tough.
I love when she loves other family members, knowing that she is "our" little girl.
Life without a cavie, NEVER!!!!!!!

Rosewoodsteel
12th February 2008, 06:49 PM
I just love Willow's little "puppy grunts" she makes when she's getting comfortable, or we move her when she's sleeping - just adorable!

And the way her whole body wags when we come home - how can you not feel loved!?!

Krista

+1 to the body wag! :)

There are so many things about Charlie McFarlie that make me smile.
- When he chases away the TV dog (s).
- When I ask him for a specific toy and he searches through his pile looking for the right one.
- When he gives me a "doggie hug" when I come home from work.
- When I ask him if he "wants a walk" - the look on his face and the wagging body.

How can you not love a Cavalier ?

I can't think of a sweeter breed

simonrickell
12th February 2008, 08:11 PM
guinness now an old codger, and we've been through alot with him
when he skips around really excitedly when we are getting ready to go out.
-and if our coats are on the floor he will lay on them

willow and bailey make us laugh when they chase each other round the stairs , they stalk each other and bite each others legs !

bailey has us in stitches. We go out for a drive/walk. When we stop and are getting our kit on, he sits looking over the back seat - making a really funny shivering whimpering noise - and his whole body shakes.

I also like to chase bailey with his toy. He comes over with it - trying to tempt me to chase him. He then shakes it in his mouth and growls at me to join in.

Ah the joys of dogs.

wildandcrazyguys
12th February 2008, 08:48 PM
I'm loving this post! I've only had our 2 cavalier boys for 3 months but they have me completely wrapped around their little paws.
I love it when they both try to curl up on my chest when I'm sitting up..it usually ends with them on top of eachother in my lap but they are just precious.
I love it when I wake up in the night and Bailey is sleeping on my pillow and he licks my nose as if to say "Go back to sleep momma, it's too early to get up."
I love to say "Do you love momma?" to them and they give me kisses.
I love Bailey's reaction to any noise..he looks around trying to find where it came from and then looks at me as if to say "Did you hear that too?"
I love it when I lay down on the couch and both boys come and lay on my head and neck...I can't see or hear a thing but I'm toasty warm.
I love to hear them run back and forth in their room, barking and playing with eachother.
I love to see them sleeping on their bed belly up and paws in the air. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen.
I love it when they lick my feet "clean" after I've gotten out of the shower.
I love that I can be on the couch and tell the boys "Come get in your spot." and they pounce into my lap and root around until they are comfy.
And I love it when I have my laptop in my lap and Bailey comes up to me and makes a small barking noise and looks at my laptop as if to say "That's in my spot, would you mind moving it please?"
I could go on forever! They are my sweet boys and I love them dearly.

Denise G.
12th February 2008, 09:08 PM
Great post!!

Mia makes me smile when:

She dances around on two hind legs waiting for her treat, even though she knows she doesn't get it until she sits.

She retrieves her squeaky during a game of fetch, jumps up on the ottoman and promptly flings the squeaky down on the ground for me to pick up. Reminds me of a baby who drops his bottle on the floor no matter how many times you pick it up for him--it's a game. :)

She makes a bee-line for me when it begins to storm and snuggles close until the thunder/lightening pass.

She tucks her head under my arm while I'm blow drying her after a bath.

She does her crazy dog run around the house out of sheer happiness to be alive--or at least that's my take on it. ;)

She gets excited when she sees other dogs on television.

She sits with her face as close to Wrigley's as possible to study how he's able to chew such a big bone. As if to say, "My, what big teeth you have"...

shippers
12th February 2008, 09:30 PM
Sally makes me smile when:

She curls up against me in bed when OH goes to work
She pinches socks, knickers and bras off the maiden and walks round with them :eek:
She chases her shadow!
She gives puppy kisses on demand
She steals tissues
She gets so excited about going for a walk
She's all muddy because I know she had fun

Tigger6093
12th February 2008, 10:58 PM
Kincaid makes me smile when:

He's fast asleep on his back
How he lays on the floor and eats his food one at a time, managing never to have to stand-up to get it from his bowl.
How he "woo woo woo's" at me if I don't immediately pick him up when I get home.
How he has to go outside everyday and run at full speed around the yard. Even in the freezing cold!!!! ( I watch from inside)
He found something he shouldn't have and prances around in front of me as if to say "look what I have, you can't catch me!" Then promptly runs off!!!
He's my 'lil cuddle bug and curls up on the back of the couch, against my neck.....I could go on and on....:luv:

nubus
13th February 2008, 12:31 AM
ohhhhh to many thing to list but i most of all love the im special eye talk she doses when i talk to her softly it just melts my heart :lotsaluv:

chloe92us
13th February 2008, 01:11 AM
...Casey climbs into the laundry basket for a snooze.

...Casey suddenly lets out a loud snore when I have a client in the office and they suddenly realize there's a dog there too! (She's deaf, so she doesn't always realize when people arrive).

...Ollie sits in my 2 YO's carseat when we go on car rides and my son isn't with us. He likes the view out of the window.

...My two Cavs "mouth-wrestle" on the bed while I'm trying to watch TV.

...I wake up in the morning and Ollie is right there sleeping next to my head between our pillows.

They're such great dogs...I just love them! :luv:

Brian M
13th February 2008, 02:00 PM
When Poppy squeezes up and starts licking my ear and when she has a face off with Luke in a game called "Touching Noses" when she always licks his face before he can achieve nose to nose .

pippa
13th February 2008, 02:15 PM
My two boys make me smile all the time.Even Pippin when he's being naughty! I can't imagine life without them:)

Harvey's Mum
13th February 2008, 03:03 PM
Harvey makes me smile when he puts his front paws on the side of the chair and then paws at you whilst looking at the table where the treats are.

Rudi makes me smile by just looking at him, he has got such a cheeky face.

Anna (Mum of Harvey & Rudi)

Claire L
13th February 2008, 07:40 PM
This makes me smile BIGTIME :D

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_1042.jpg

Chardonnay
13th February 2008, 07:41 PM
What a great topic and so funny to see how many of the things Maggie does are "Cavalier" traits! Woo, woo, woo - that is hilarious!

Things Maggie does that make me smile (so many, but these are my favourites):

* when I bend down to pick her up, she spins around and puts her backside to me to make it easier. Everyone laughs when they see that one.

* the way she "wipes" her back feet when she's excited.

* the little growls she makes to get my attention when she's on the sofa and she drops a toy on the floor and is too lazy to jump down to get it.

* the way she "makes strange" at large objects she's never seen before - some of the items to date: fire hydrant, laundry basket, Christmas tree, rolling desk chair.

* the way she gets excited every time she sees a little kid, but then runs and hides when they try to play with her. She acts the same way when she meets a dog...takes her a bit of time to come around...so funny.

Kenny'sMom
13th February 2008, 08:04 PM
I love how cuddly Kenny is wrapped in a towel right after his bath.
I love how once he is dry enough, he turns into my crazy puppy, running wild through my apartment.
I love how he steals things he knows he is not supposed to have, then drops them not when I say "leave it" but when I walk towards him, since all he really wants is for me to put away my book/computer and cuddle.

BJNeff
13th February 2008, 08:13 PM
My Lighting will see the other pups chewing on sometheing (pigear) and he wants it. Lighting will go to slider or window and bark and it will distrack the other pups. The other pups drop what they are chewing go check the scene out and Lighting utilize the moment stealing the pigear away. Ladybug fall for every time but, Jitterbug he is now take his chewy with him. Jitterbug funny he 1/2 Lighting size but don't mess with his pigear.....got to use the Dog Whisper submission technique on my 6lb against my 20lb.

Emma n Renco
14th February 2008, 03:42 PM
What a great topic and I think all the lovable traits have been covered off already but here's my most favourite of each:

Harvey - when he appears round the corner of the sofa with the naughtiest (and cutest face) and my stiletto hanging out of his mouth - I should be mad but I turn around and have a giggle every time.

Bella - when you cup your hands under her chin and rub her ears she nearly goes straight to sleep in an instant - the pleasure on her face is lovely and blissfull.

They are adorable and light up our lives. Can't imagine not having them in our lives :-) xx

stapel
14th February 2008, 08:34 PM
runs to the door when he hears the garage door go up. He knows my wife and I are home from work. It's the little things..

Wrigs Mom
15th February 2008, 03:07 AM
Wrigley does lots of things that make us smile....

1. He does a circle before sitting down and choosing a spot
2. He sleeps smack dab between us in bed
3. He sighs when he gets tired as if to let us know it's bedtime
4. His tail goes in a full circle when he's excited
5. He wiggles his way underneath covers
6. He lays his head in the nook of our necks
7. He greets us by the door every day when we come home from work
8. He sees dogs on TV (or anything with four legs) and is mesmerized by them, barely blinking
9. He follows us everywhere we go in the house
10. He watches us cook....especially when it's pasta. He just knows he'll get a nibble

CavyMom
15th February 2008, 03:17 AM
Everything!! Amber is always making me smile! But I'd say the top 2 things that make me smile is when I've had a hard day, and I lay down somewhere and she comes to cuddle next to my chest, or when she does her "crazy cavalier" act chasing invisible flies around the house! I sure love her!

Alison_Leighfield
15th February 2008, 07:25 AM
.....it's just the look in her soft and gentle eyes, and the way she talks, watches and studies things with them, it's unique and heart melting!

Alison.