• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Great grandpa came to visit

Bruce H

Our current tri litter's great grandpa came to visit for a few days while his family was out of town at a wedding. Laughing Lazer is one of our retired boys that we placed with what has turned out to be the perfect family. And I mean really perfect; it's hard to imagine we could have found a better family. We placed Lazer because he developed a murmer at about age 6; cardiologist graded it between 1 and 2. What's interesting is that our regular vet couldn't hear it then and still can't hear it now. That's probably good news because it means it's not progressing.

Anyway, we took the opportunity to get a picture of 4 generations. It turned out to be impossible (as I expected) to get a nice picture of all 6 puppies facing the camera, but this one wasn't too bad. H
ere are the 4 generations:

The puppies, scattered around on the couch; the puppies mom Pixxey in the middle, the puppies grandma Anna on the right; and the puppies great-grandpa Lazer on the left. Great-grandpa wasn't so sure he liked all those puppies crawling all over him!

386093145_acecd2f760.jpg

That's an absolutely fantastic photo Bruce! How did you get them all to stay on the couch long enough?!!!! How old are all the dogs? The puppies are absolutely gorgeous and Pixxie and Anna are just beautiful. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Ages. Let's see, Lazer is almost 8, Anna is 5, and Pixxey is going on 3.

We always get so excited when Lazer comes to visit, which is once or twice a year. He was (and still is) the first dog we ever re-homed. Was not a happy time. One of these days we will be faced with that again as a couple of the girls are close to getting too old to breed. The pups are hard to let go, but the adults are a thousand times harder; but a person can only have so many dogs.

What a lovely picture of all the generations ...and that Lazer certainly doesn't look like a Granpa...beautiful boy.

That is one beautiful phot. Great-grandpa looks like he's sayin' " hey! i'm all done guys, go find your Pa!"

:flwr:

What a beautiful family!!! Love your dogs - you are so lucky to have a nice big family of Cavs.Such pictures make me very jealous.

It's time to get another Cavalier for me huh? ;)

I love this photo! So cute how all the "adults" are being good little listeners and looking forward while the "kids" are just being plum crazy! Great photo!

Bruce H said:
He was (and still is) the first dog we ever re-homed. One of these days we will be faced with that again as a couple of the girls are close to getting too old to breed. The pups are hard to let go, but the adults are a thousand times harder.
Bruce, take heart here, when I took a retired girl (s) I knew how much they were treasured by their breeder and I treasure them just as much also.

It must be hard to let go after all the years but from one who is on the receiving end of a retired girl I just wanted you to know that we understand how hard it is for you. As much as we feel great joy we know you will miss them dearly.

I took mine so that her breeder had more space to carry on doing the work she is doing, your girls will be fine, and all new owners will keep in touch I'm sure!

The couch of Tris is wonderful!

Alison.

Love those laid-back moms and grandmothers and slightly perturbed great grandpa... :). What a lovely picture of them all.

Back