PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Question

enchantingdragon
11th February 2007, 07:20 PM
So I think getting a PetFly might be out as I think Ellie might be too big or grow to be too big to make it worth it. Im still on the look out for a carrier though as I think it would be the easiest for me to transport her places in a car with me. I was thinking of taking her to NY too to visit some of my friends and this is an easy way to take her on the trains and subways if I have to so I rather just buy a carrier for the car and traveling. Ive been looking around and I realize the reason why I really like the PetFlys is the side flap

http://www.petflys.com/flyheart.html

I like that when I strap her in I can open the side still and she can lay down still but see out if she wants to. Many of the other carriers I see look like she would have to stand in order to be able to see out which I imagine could get somewhat tiresome. Any suggestions as to anything thats similar to the PetFly with this option of the side flap? Thanks!

arasara
12th February 2007, 01:45 PM
the celltei carrier that i got is great - it has a camo mesh on the sides.. you can't see in but they can see out. I LOVE it. I imagine all of their models are somewhat the same? You could call celltei and ask. ;)

http://www.celltei.com/gobasic.html

This is the one i have - it doesn't look like they can see out but they can ;)

enchantingdragon
12th February 2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks Sara I think Im going to get one of those Celleti ones as they seem to be the only ones that can accomodate Cavaliers and I really do want a carrier to tote her around in just for trains and subways when I travel to the city. Itll just be easier for me

arasara
12th February 2007, 08:36 PM
you might wnat to wait and measure her first Jasmine. Kosmo won't fit in the medium pet-on-the-go. I know the large is a special order but i don't know the dims on that one. Maybe the backpackopet is a better option? I am not sure - speak to the lady there - she's so nice she'll help you out I am sure.

Glad i could help out :flwr:

natalieandmike
12th February 2007, 09:42 PM
Ellie's mum,
I looked at that picture of the petflys and I'm sorry but I can't be of much help either looking specifially for that side flap; I tried to cross-reference it with all the brands I know of...you can also try Trixie and peanut because they also have a lot of brands. But I think the celltei's are great, I personally am getting one (after bothering them with incessant questions).
-Ntale

Cicero's Mummy
13th February 2007, 12:29 AM
I have and LOVE my Celltei!

I have owned both a Celltei and a PetFlys (and although the pf are cute) I totally would recommend my Celltei over a PF any day!!

PamH
14th February 2007, 10:45 AM
My daughter in law bought a petfly for her new pup. She bought a Bernese mountain dog who grew out of it a week after she used it to fly her home. LOL.
She gave it to me. I used it once in the car. I hooked up the chain to Maddy's halter. Maddy got her back leg twisted in the chain trying to get out of it. She was screaming in pain. I never used it again.
I use a front pack when taking her out in stores.
Pam