PDA

View Full Version : Oversized Lookout II

twolittleprinces
11th February 2007, 11:04 PM
Does anyone have the Oversized Lookout II? How does it work for your dogs? Is there room for two in a rear seat? I am looking for the best way to travel (5-6 hour trips) with our two Cavaliers. One is about 16 lbs. and one is larger at about 22lbs. :drivecar:

Are these comfortable for longer trips? Does anyone have something else that works really well?

Any input would be great. I want them to be safe and comfortable while also protecting the seat from hair and claws. :? :D

Crittercall
12th February 2007, 11:59 PM
Sorry, Becki, but I'm not familiar with those kind of things. Maybe someone else will have an idea......... 8)

Roxanne
13th February 2007, 12:38 AM
We have the Oversized Lookout 2 and we LOVE it !! However ..i dont think its big enough for 2 dogs that size . Colby is 18 lbs and its perfect for him and 2 of my chihuahua's . The seat is only rated for dogs up to 30 lbs .

You could do a regular and a oversized .or possibly a My Buddy ;)

Sally
13th February 2007, 03:55 AM
That's what we have and it's perfect for Pixie...she's about 16-17 pounds. She likes to lay down in it. But I think it's too small for 2.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dreamsong/Vac1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dreamsong/Lookout.jpg

JaneB
13th February 2007, 05:35 AM
I have the "My Buddy Lookout" and all three of my girls can ride in it . I bought mine from www.jbpet.com. It fits fine in the back seat but leaves room for only one passenger. It has a little drawer underneath so you can stow your leashes, toys, treats, etc. I love it!
JaneB

Barbara Nixon
13th February 2007, 11:12 AM
These look just like fabric dog beds with the base raised. Is the dog secured in them ? If not, I'd go for a crate with nice bedding.

Roxanne
13th February 2007, 04:38 PM
Oh no , they are much different. They are made from a high density foam and are covered in various fabrics. Yes the dogs are secured . The seat goes in and the carseat strap pulls through the seat and connects as usual. The carseat comes with a black nylon strap that buckles around the seatbelt ( which is holding the carseat in the car ) and then attaches to your dogs harness ;)

All of my Lookouts are on sale right now too !! ( Cheaper than JB ;) )
http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/car-seats-c-29.html?osCsid=5bddfafcf983a5ecd5d6eb307d980e00

Cathy T
13th February 2007, 04:44 PM
We had the single lookout for Jake when he was a puppy and we loved it! He'd lay in there and just mellow out for the ride. But then he wouldn't stop growing!! :roll:

Sally - Pixie looks adorable in hers...so content!!

twolittleprinces
13th February 2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks all for your replies- I really like the idea of the Lookouts because we do go on long trips often and I want them to be comfortable.

Sally-- your little Pixie is so cute! :flwr: What great pics! Would two of those seats fit in the back of an SUV?

Jane-- I really like the idea of the My Buddy as they are used to cuddling up together and I don't know how they would like being split up (even if the seats were next to each other.) With harnesses attached can your girls lie down comfortably? :drivecar:

I noticed that Roxanne had them on sale at really great prices and this has prompted me to make a decision before they go off sale! I love that they can be monogrammed - too cute!

Thank you all for your input! :D

KimNIndy
13th February 2007, 08:51 PM
wow---i had been wondering about these too so that's great to get all the details.

handy timing too with the sales :D

those dog seats look great---funny how our pets end up with a more comfortable car journey than we do :lol:

k