• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

not interested in food - ? teething

Harley & Carley

My girls are not interested in their food lately - they are rarely eating a full meal. I was wondering if they are teething, but I havent noticed them chewing any more than normal. One of them did lose a tooth last night while playing with me, but it wasnt the teeth I thought they were supposed to lose.
Could they still be teething at almost 6 months, and what teeth do they lose? Would this explain the lack of interest in food?
They are both quite well otherwise, although the amount of poo is decreasd - I guess from less intake??

They could still be teething -- if a tooth is loose, that means one at least is still teething. How many meals are you feeding? At this age they generally are no longer interested in three meals and you can put them on two. I am sure they are eating as much as they want to eat -- puppies tend to eat a bit more than maturing dogs. If they aren't eating as much, then cut back a bit on overall amount at meals.

They are eating 2 meals/day about 3/4 - 1 cup total daily. I usually add beans, bananas (just a bit), and sometimes a little egg - but they are eating about half of their normal intake.

How can I tell of they have lost the right teeth? I look in their mouths, but dont know what I am looking for.

Back