• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Histiocytoma

Montster

have any of your cavaliers had this?

i found a small bump right beneath monty's jawline & in one week, it had grown to the size of an eraser on a #2 pencil. it's not quite as red as some of the images i've googled but due to the rapid growth in size, i took him to the vet.

he had surgery today (poor thing has a plastic collar & is just pooped out from the day) to have it removed but i won't know the biopsy results for 3-5 days. i am PRAYING that it is just a histiocytoma and nothing more serious.

So sorry you're going through this. :hug: We're crossing our fingers and paws that the test results are good! :xfngr: :xfngr: :paw: :paw: :paw: :lotsaluv:

So sorry to hear about poor Monty, hope he will be OK, lots to TLC is called for :p

thanks for all the lovely thoughts & warm wishes! i will definitely post once i know what the results are (since the vet has to use an outside lab for the analysis, it'll be 3-5 days).

i guess all i can do in the meantime is to make sure he's comfortable. :D

:jump: yay! monty's biopsy came back clean!

the only thing is that the pathologist said that monty is a little older than dogs he normally sees with these (my vet says says that she's seen them on dogs of all ages) but both recommend keeping an eye out for any in the future.

Back