PDA

View Full Version : ADOPTED! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Cicero's Mummy
13th February 2007, 08:01 PM
Little Guy in Need of Help In Columbus...

http://www.franklincountydogs.com/dog_view.asp?id=6583

All I know...

1. He is newly into the shelter.
2. He is about 3 years old.
3. His ID is 70202010, they are calling him Prince.
4. There is no photo up as of yet, but I'll try and let you know when there is.

I am not the contact on this... he is at the Franklin County Dog Shelter.

A little about that:
Adoption fee is $117 (includes licensing, shots, spay/neutering, microchip and adoption fee)

Cicero's Mummy
14th February 2007, 01:25 PM
Here is the shelter information:

Franklin County Board of Commissioners
Department of Animal Care & Control
1731 Alum Creek Drive - Columbus, Ohio 43207
Phone: (614) 462-4360 Fax: (614) 462-6658

Cicero's Mummy
20th February 2007, 05:46 PM
UPDATE:

Found out that he is in the Isolation Ward because of Kennel Cough. He is neutered! And they said he appears to be housetrained.

I feel so bad for this little guy... I might go over and visit him on Friday (i have the day off) and take a few photos since the pound won't post any in a timely fashion.

WoodHaven
20th February 2007, 06:10 PM
UPDATE:

Found out that he is in the Isolation Ward because of Kennel Cough. He is neutered! And they said he appears to be housetrained.

I feel so bad for this little guy... I might go over and visit him on Friday (i have the day off) and take a few photos since the pound won't post any in a timely fashion.

IF YOU go -- I would treat yourself as a biohazard. There are germs that seem to be able to live for weeks (on shoes etc...). You don't want to expose your incoming new pup to shelter nasties (they just put down 1000 dogs in NV shelter due to overcrowding and exposure to diseases).
I use bleach OR lysol-- depending on the surfaces. I bleach the bottoms of my shoes-- I spray my car with lysol (steering wheel, floor, wipe seats)- I strip in the garage and do a load of laundry immediately-- and I shower cleaning from head to toe.

My daughter works at a vet clinic and we sometimes have pups here. We don't take even the smallest chance to spread any communicable diseases.

Somewhere out east there was a possible mutated parvo -- the innoculation didn't seem to prevent the disease.

This is probably overkill-- but an ounce of prevention?!?! OK I am the worlds biggest worry wart-

Cicero's Mummy
20th February 2007, 06:22 PM
Oh... I am the same...

I actually was thinking about bringing a change of clothes and then showering at the house where I work (they are gone and said I have free reign if I choose to use it... they have a huge screen TV that is great for watching movies).

I don't want to expose Cicero to any kind of nasties... especially kennel cough...

I am a germ worry wort ( i have a low grade obsessive compulsive disorder) ... I have hand sanatizer in like 5 different places with me at all times! :) icon_whistling

ppotterfield
21st February 2007, 04:28 PM
It appears he has been adopted. Hope it is to a good home who will give him the life of a Prince!!

Cicero's Mummy
21st February 2007, 04:56 PM
Sorry... yes he has... I sent a friend of mine who was looking for a Cavie over last night to look at him and she ended up taking him home...

I just haven't had time to update yet.

Thanks!

Rave

ppotterfield
21st February 2007, 05:53 PM
Glad he found a home and that you know the person. Perhaps a friend for Cicero?!

Barbara Nixon
22nd February 2007, 01:28 PM
Keep Cicero away well after the other dog stops coughing as it could still be infectious.

Cicero's Mummy
22nd February 2007, 02:08 PM
Cicero actually wont be going anywhere with other dogs (other than daycare, and there he is in the office under puppy quarentine) until he is about 16 or so weeks (4 months). It just gives me peace of mind and such... :)