• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

advice needed: Barking

Natalie

Lady has been a nighmare last night and today she had started barking when she's in her crate at night and when i put her in for naps through the day. Last night she kept barking when we put her to bed. Her crates in our room next to our bed where it's always been. Everytime she barked i took her outside for a wee i didn't talk to her or play with her she didn't go for a wee so i put her back in her crate. Then today she was barking at me when i was tidying up the bedroom i needed her to be in the crate because i couldn't supervise her properly. I put filled kongs in there and nylabones to keep her busy and take her for a wee every 30 mins when she's awake. She's barking and whining just like she used to when we first got her i ignored her then and she stopped after a couple of minutes. But she's so stubbon now and kept barking for about 10 minutes non stop. How do i stop her from barking and whinning when she's in the crate when i can't supervise her. I praise her like mad when she busy playing in her crate, Should i say "no" when she barks or just try and ignore her?
I feel like were going backwards because she so good with going to the toilet outside and she passed her puppy class exam on tuesday night and i was so pleased because she has been listening to us and can do all the commands we taught her. I don't want her to be noisy because i don't want to upset our neighbours. I do know that dogs bark but it's so out of character for her to be like this.

Lady is going through her terrible teens. I know it's hard but you have to ignore her completely. Even when you say no she will think that she has successfully gotten your attention. She will soon learn to be quiet when she realises that barking like this gets no reaction at all from you.

Good luck.

Back