PDA

View Full Version : News!!!

kimberlya
16th February 2007, 12:28 AM
Well, it is with Nancy's permission that I announce that she has given us the opportunity to adopt her 8 month old Ruby boy, Teddy!!! We have seen how Ellie just blossoms around other dogs (as evidenced in the video of her playing with Mr. Wesley :lol: ), and wanted to get her a big brother. This came a little sooner than previously expected, but we couldn't be happier. :) We're meeting up in Michigan on Saturday, and we'll take him to his new home from there. So needless to say last night was a pretty sleepless night, and I have a feeling the next two will be as well! We're just over the moon and SO GRATEFUL to Nancy. :D

Tessa
16th February 2007, 12:35 AM
Congratulations!!! I think Ellie and Teddy will get along like a house on fire.

Best of luck for the trip.

enchantingdragon
16th February 2007, 12:37 AM
Oh how lucky Teddy is a lovely dog Congrats to you and your lil Ellie! :flwr:

kimberlya
16th February 2007, 12:38 AM
Like a house on fire? Hopefully thats a good thing!!! :lol:

Karlin
16th February 2007, 12:50 AM
Oh that's fantastic! Glad this has worked out on both sides and look forward to some pictures! :)

Nancy
16th February 2007, 01:00 AM
Although I will miss him terribly, I'm so excited about Kim adopting him. He loves his little sister Mona so, that I'm sure that soon he and Ellie will be cuddling like this!
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/nancyann_photos/bed.jpg

kimberlya
16th February 2007, 01:46 AM
I honestly don't know how you've kept him this long, Nancy! He is just SO stunning. I just came from my vet and she would not schedule my appointment next week for the nights she wasn't there. She kept saying how perfect this situation is, and I couldn't agree more! There will definitely be lots of pictures!

My Wesley
16th February 2007, 01:46 AM
You lucky duck! YAY! At least I'll get to see him! Chicago Cavi playgroup! Let's do it! :)

Crittercall
16th February 2007, 01:47 AM
"Like a house on fire" is a good thing in the South, so I must assume the same is true with Tessa.

That's wonderful news. What fun you'll have with them!

Maxwell&me
16th February 2007, 01:47 AM
Gosh, I still cant believe how much like Hogan he is....Im so excited for all of you.

Please keep me updated on his photos....they really are brothers ya know...... ;)

kimberlya
16th February 2007, 01:53 AM
I have already warned Nancy that if she wasn't sick of me yet, she will be very soon. :)

kimberlya
16th February 2007, 02:10 AM
AND (sorry I keep butting in with my comments... :) ) my mom laughed when she heard "Ellie and Teddy." She said, "Like Teddy and Eleanor Roosevelt?" Ha... How perfect is that?!

Cathy T
16th February 2007, 02:32 AM
Oh wow...that is fantastic news!!!

molly
16th February 2007, 04:22 AM
Kim, that is terrific news! I have lusted in my heart for Teddy ever since I first saw his picture. But my DH drew the line at 4 dogs and I was afraid that the neighbors would really start to talk. Ellie and Teddy are going to be best buds. He is just gorgeous!

laurenlyn1
16th February 2007, 06:39 AM
i'm up for a chicago playgroup. :)

My Wesley
16th February 2007, 06:50 AM
Seriously! I mean it! Next weekend! Let's plan something! And we can do one of our houses this time! Little less mud and goose poop. :)

My Wesley
16th February 2007, 06:52 AM
Oh yeah, and Lauren's area is kind of the halfway point for us too.... FUN FUN!

We need to get Sandy too! I wanna meet her and her Cav's too!

Oh man, ok seriously.... we need to plan something.... hmmmm......

Lindsay
16th February 2007, 03:14 PM
Congrats Kim! Take lots of pics for us! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
16th February 2007, 03:18 PM
Congrats to you and Teddy, hope he settles well and him and Ellie love each other, as I'm sure they will :flwr:

arasara
17th February 2007, 04:21 AM
congrats Kim!!

Teddy comes home tomorrow!! I bet your'e going to have the hardest time sleeping tonight. :) Be sure to post lots of pictures when you get him. ;)

Glad things worked out for you Nancy. I'm happy he's going to someone who can keep you continuously updated and you can know his progress Nancy.. :flwr:

kimberlya
17th February 2007, 07:59 AM
Well, it is 1 am, I have about 8 and a half hours of driving ahead of me tomorrow, and I am still up so that should tell you something about my state of mind right now. :) We are SO READY and can't wait! Will definitely post pictures as soon as possible. And Nancy has no worries in terms of knowing Teddy's progress. As she already knows, I am an excellent gabber. icon_whistling

Charleen
17th February 2007, 12:13 PM
Kim, I am so excited for you and Ellie. :w*w: :w*w: Teddy will surely be a great addition to your household. I cannot wait to hear about your adventure :drivecar: and the homecoming icon_welcome and pictures of course. :snap:

kimberlya
18th February 2007, 01:22 AM
Well, we are at my parents' house, halfway to home, and the introduction is on!! Teddy is SUCH as cuddle bug, just as Nancy promised! Teddy and Ellie have been having some good interactions. She's been a little overly excited and barky, but he is handling it like a champ! They are able to be around each other though without her going crazy, so I feel that is a big step already! Hopefully they will continue to grow together and eventually learn to love each other. :) Pics as soon as I get home... :)

Linda
18th February 2007, 01:36 AM
Congratulations

Wow Teddy sounds like you got yourself one great mommy. :lotsaluv:

Nancy glad all worked out for you and Teddy. :flwr: :flwr:

Looking forward to pictures. :D :D :D :D

judy
18th February 2007, 01:36 AM
what a great story! you are so lucky! my first dog, when i was a kid, was named Teddy, that was on her name card at the pound, and she was described as a cocker mix, she was ruby colored, with tan and black in certain places. she was a girl, but girl or boy, i've always has such a soft spot for that name! welcome welcome TEDDY!!! :l*v:

Nancy
18th February 2007, 02:19 AM
Teddy took to Kim immediately, and I really do not think he even looked back at me....just the way it should be. I can't believe Kim took the time to check in and post....it made this difficult day a LOT easier! Kim brought her mom, who is also a doll! That really had clinched it for me, Kim has the kind of family who welcomes the dogs...Teddy just got a whole new great family!

kimberlya
18th February 2007, 07:20 AM
Well we have made it safely home. Teddy did eat some dinner, not all, but most of it. He did wonderfully on the ride home and is tucked away on the lap of my fiance. His tail has not stopped wagging!!! Nancy, the fact that he has adjusted so well can only be attributed to your fantastic job raising him. Honestly, what a doll!!! This was such a dream come true and I can NOT tell you thank you enough. I know this must have been impossibly difficult. We already think he is spectacular and such a special dog. I promise you will hear all about him!!!!!
Anyway here are some of the best pictures of the day:

Now how often do 13 year old boys smile? My little brother did NOT STOP!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/393711933_4dd98f0611_m.jpg

My other little brother asked how much Teddy was so he could start saving up for one of his own! :lol: He is ten. :)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/393711948_b7bbc3ada4_m.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/393711952_d1d5b42446_m.jpg

The dogs decided to "Cavalier smother" my mom. Teaming up to take us down already...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/393711955_5a36e416b1_m.jpg

Relaxing after a LOT of travels! This is where they are right now, only Teddy is now asleep. :)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/393719323_dcffd24fed_m.jpg

Sharing some nose time. :)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/142/393719327_088dee4ddb_m.jpg

Thank you all so much for your kind words. It made the day so exciting, and I couldn't wait to get home to share it with you, especially you, Nancy! :)

Charleen
18th February 2007, 10:38 AM
Those dogs sure bring smiles to everyone's faces. You just have to get a cavalier for each of your brothers next. :lol:

Caraline
18th February 2007, 11:04 AM
What a lovely thread to read and they say a photo says a thousand words, and those ones sure do. :)

Nancy
18th February 2007, 01:34 PM
Well, tears of sadness yesterday quickly turned to tears of joy this morning! I can't believe you took and posted all those pictures, I will keep them close in my mind all day and use them to fill the quiet. It's unbelievable to me how much these dogs fill our hearts. Teddy is onto the best part of his young life, that much I know!

Roxanne
18th February 2007, 03:04 PM
What a wonderful story !!! I am so glad he found the perfect home ! He has a special place in my heart ..........and always will ;)

Cathy Moon
18th February 2007, 03:12 PM
Welcome home Teddy! He is one beautiful boy!

Nancy
18th February 2007, 03:13 PM
Roxanne was the only other home I really really wanted him to have....can you imagine how spoiled her dogs are? not to mention all the Cleos treats they want :badgrin:

enchantingdragon
18th February 2007, 03:54 PM
What a wonderful ending to this beautiful story! I hope Teddy and Ellie settle in together real soon though I have a feeling they will already ;)

Mary
18th February 2007, 05:51 PM
Yes a wonderful ending! Teddy is so beautiful Kim. Congrats!! He and Ellie will keep you in smiles I am sure.

Cathy T
19th February 2007, 03:52 AM
What wonderful pictures Kim. Looks like he's going to be getting plenty of love!! It's so cute that your little brother wants to start saving for his own :flwr:

Nisha
19th February 2007, 06:14 AM
:shock: :shock: i missed this thread completelY!

That is so great everything that has happened!!!!!!! Im sure Teddy will be soo happy in his new home! He is such a stunning boy! Im very happy for you and your family :p

My Wesley
19th February 2007, 07:13 AM
Awe! That's wonderful! I'm so jealous!

Kim - I think your fiance and my hubby need to become friends so he can know that two dogs would be wonderful!

Let me know how things go! I can't believe how big Ellie is getting! Cute pictures!