PDA

View Full Version : Eye Envy

Lindsay
16th February 2007, 03:34 PM
I purchased the starter kit today as Spencer has terrible stains and nothing at Petsmart is working.

I know several of you have tried this product. Have you had any luck with it? I would like to hear any experiences you have had.

My beautiful boy, stains or no stains...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/FatherSon003.jpg

inca
16th February 2007, 03:41 PM
yes i have used it ...it works great

good tip is to put the fluid in the fridge it lasts longer

did you buy the powder as well as i found both together works better :)

Lindsay
16th February 2007, 03:44 PM
I think the kit comes with the solution, the powder and the application pads. Will the powder turn the color of his black fur if I get it on it accidentally?

Cathy T
16th February 2007, 05:10 PM
I use the eye envy with Shelby. Jake doesn't have any tear stains. I use the powder for a few days when the staining gets bad. I dampen my finger with a little of the liquid and then dip my finger in the powder and massage it into the area under her eye. Within a few days the tear stain in gone.

KingstonsMom
17th February 2007, 08:53 AM
I actually just bought the starter pack of Eye Envy today! I'd also like to hear people's opinions of it.

I opened up the bottle of solution and it sure does smell bad. I'm confused if I'm supposed to refrigerate both the solution and the powder because all the containers have the same label that says REFRIGERATE (even the one with the cotton pads!). hmmm???

I have a bottle of Diamond Eye as well, but I don't feel comfortable putting it around Kingston's eyes because the smell is so unbelievably strong. It makes my own eyes hurt!

*Pauline*
17th February 2007, 11:57 AM
I asked my breeder about eye staining. None of her dogs have it and she is also a groomer. She said in my pups case, it was due to teething and it will go. She said the products can make it worse and to leave it alone. I just wash with a damp flannel now and it's getting better. What do you think?

Lindsay
17th February 2007, 02:43 PM
Spencer is a year and a half old. I don't think I can chalk his staining up to teething. It is not solely caused by teething and is actually quite common with this breed. I also believe that using the more high quality products like Eye Envy will not make it worse. Even the cheap pet store products I have bought in the past didn't make it worse, they just didn't make it better, hence me trying this. :)

*Pauline*
17th February 2007, 04:25 PM
Yes, I did wonder why she said that when older dogs get it too. I bought diamond eyes as it was in my local pet shop. I found though I was very careful to not get it in his eyes, it made his eyes water more and it did smell. That's why I just wipe with water now. :flwr:

Molly's mom
17th February 2007, 10:26 PM
Molly's tearing clears up quite nicely during the spring/summer months and gets worse again once we are locked up indoors for the winter. :cffee:

I used eye envy last winter and it seemed to work nicely, however it didn't make the stains go completely away. I've been too lazy and or cheap to order any this winter, so we use local petsmart stuff or the renu contact solution. My main concern is just keeping the crusties away. :yuk:

Lani
17th February 2007, 10:59 PM
The Renu has been a miracle for Lucky! In a day and a half his tearing was all gone. He still has runny eyes, but they are not a big deal to remove with the Renu. I can't praise it enough!!! That said, he's a ruby, so I am not sure if he has "stains" still or not, but I sure don't notice anything

KingstonsMom
17th February 2007, 11:48 PM
To the people who use Renu...do you mean the contact solution that you actually soak the contacts in?

inca
18th February 2007, 05:10 PM
I think the kit comes with the solution, the powder and the application pads. Will the powder turn the color of his black fur if I get it on it accidentally?

no its fine its not a bleach so won't change his black fur

Kodee
18th February 2007, 05:49 PM
To the people who use Renu...do you mean the contact solution that you actually soak the contacts in? I'm wondering this too? I saw it at the drugstore and saw cleaning eye contact solution - but couldnt tell from the product description if it was safe if it got into the eyes? Is it?

Friday's Mommy
19th February 2007, 01:28 AM
I used this with Friday and it worked very well especially if you keep up with it. I bought it at a dog show in AZ. She hated me fussing with her face like that and when I went to get it out of the fridge she ran and hid. I think it's worth the price.

Since we moved I didn't bring it with me because it had to be refigerated, I would purchase it again.

Cathy Moon
19th February 2007, 01:42 AM
Use the Renu Multi-Purpose solution - cleans, rinses, disinfects and stores soft contact lenses.

I use [artificial] cotton balls or gauze pads with Renu to wipe by their eyes every so often. Most days I just wet a paper towel with warm water and wring it out to wipe their faces. Real cotton balls or pads release little fibers that can get in their eyes; that's why the artificial cotton balls are better. :flwr:

Lani
19th February 2007, 01:45 AM
I use the Renu too - I used a clean (new) soft kitchen sponge, cut off a little corner, ran it under the faucet and soaked it with warm water to soften the sponge. Then I got rid of the extra water and put the Renu on the sponge. I figured the sponge will not get any fibers in his eyes.

I got all of his old stains off in 3 treatments of Renu over the period of a day and a half!

Lindsay
19th February 2007, 02:42 PM
I used to use Renu to clean an eyebrow peircing I once had ( icon_whistling ) and it got in my eyes all the time. Never stung or anything. I can't imagine it hurting the eyes because you obviously soak your contacts in it then put them in your eyes. Still awaiting my package of Eye Envy. :roll:

Roxanne
19th February 2007, 03:37 PM
I use Renew directly in my eyes ( I wear contacts ) every morning and night ;)

The key to stop the staining is to stop the tearing . When the fur is wet its a breeding ground for bacteria and yeast .and THAT is what turns the fur the reddish color. Eye envy is a antibacterial ............so it kills the bacteria , thus eliminating the stains . I use it and it works well ............you have to be very LIBERAL with it !!

Keep their faces as dry as possible and try to figure out why they are tearing .

Colby's inner eyelid is rolling inward when he blinks ...causing the tearing. I need to wait until April to see the Opthal again .........he might need surgery to correct this :?