PDA

View Full Version : I was calm, until 15 minutes ago...Updated, She's Home!

nangel519
16th February 2007, 10:03 PM
My OH and I are picking up our Sadie tonight. I am leaving work in about 5 minutes to go home, grab her stuff, and head on out. :drivecar:

I was perfectly calm all day, excited, but calm. Now I can't sit still!!!!! I'm so excited to pick up this little bundle of joy. I can't believe how fast the wait went, and now how slow these last few minutes have been!!!!!!! :yikes

arasara
16th February 2007, 10:08 PM
woohooo!!! let us know all about it!! I am sure you're going to be just fine !!

Pictures ASAP please! :flwr:

Charleen
16th February 2007, 10:18 PM
Congratulations that Sadie's homecoming is finally here. I cannot wait to hear about it and see pictures.

Denise G.
16th February 2007, 10:29 PM
Yea Tara!!! Have fun with your new baby girl! You'll do great!

Caraline
16th February 2007, 10:34 PM
Can't wait to hear more! :D

Nisha
16th February 2007, 11:20 PM
cannot wait to hear about it and see pictures

Ditto! :p

Cathy T
16th February 2007, 11:49 PM
...and they're off!! Wooowhooo...bet I know someone who won't be sleeping much tonight ;)

Cicero's Mummy
17th February 2007, 12:00 AM
You know all of us... we'll be hounding you for photos!! Congrats!! Take deep breaths!!

Shay
17th February 2007, 12:25 AM
What everybody else said! Can't wait to hear about her first night and see lots of pics!! b*n*n*

Lynn
17th February 2007, 12:40 AM
ditto to all the above messages....

I am so excited for you!!!!!!!

Remali
17th February 2007, 12:50 AM
Congratulations on your new little angel! I can't wait to see photos and hear all about her!

:)

Cathy Moon
17th February 2007, 04:09 AM
:lotsaluv: Welcome Home Sadie! :lotsaluv:

Crittercall
17th February 2007, 06:20 AM
What fun! And I love the name Sadie - have I said that before? I wanted to name my daughter that but was voted down. And I've wanted to name all kinds of animals that and everyone has always talked me out of it. Can I be an honorary aunt?

As I always say, the best days are the ones when babies come. :D

nangel519
17th February 2007, 04:17 PM
Well, she's home and I'm exhausted!

She cried for about five minutes after we left the breeders, and then went right to sleep until we got her home. She peed a tiny bit right when we took her out of the car but refused to pee outside until around 9am this morning. I don't blame her, it's freezing outside. She was focused more on hiding from the wind than finding a place to pee. But we have successfully had a pee and a poo outside this morning.

She didn't like her crate too much, she woke up about every hour and cried, we let her sit for a few minutes crying - if it got louder she had to go to the bathroom. Most of the time it got louder. She must have peed 10 times last night, we are feeding her and giving her treats inside her crate today, and hopefully(!!) tonight she will be a little better.

I will definitely post some pictures later on!

Edit: I figured I'm up so why not post some pics!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/115/393006755_414dbe7d41.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/393006749_0487ad7730.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/393006751_19d1df55cf.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/83/393006746_6f825c9829.jpg

Shay
17th February 2007, 04:40 PM
So happy for you! Now the long nights begin. I didn't think we would make it through the long sleepless nights when we brought Lily home, but you do and it is so worth the effort. At almost 6 mos old, Lily is totally housebroken. She goes to the door and barks or whines now. It's great. I can't tell you how many posts I had where I asked "when is she going to get it, we are exhausted." Everyone's response was, "it will all just click one day", and they were right. The best thing we did was the crate training. Hang in there and post pics as soon as you have some rest. Can't wait to see her!!!

Kodee
17th February 2007, 04:50 PM
Well, she's home and I'm exhausted!

She cried for about five minutes after we left the breeders, and then went right to sleep until we got her home. She peed a tiny bit right when we took her out of the car but refused to pee outside until around 9am this morning. I don't blame her, it's freezing outside. She was focused more on hiding from the wind than finding a place to pee. But we have successfully had a pee and a poo outside this morning.

She didn't like her crate too much, she woke up about every hour and cried, we let her sit for a few minutes crying - if it got louder she had to go to the bathroom. Most of the time it got louder. She must have peed 10 times last night, we are feeding her and giving her treats inside her crate today, and hopefully(!!) tonight she will be a little better.

I will definitely post some pictures later on!
Funny, Kodee was freaked by the wind too for a few days. She also whined the first night once and went out but the second was up every hr on the hr. Both nights my husband slept on the couch (he insisted as he wanted her to sleep in the crate in the kitchen and to avoid the bringing to bedroom and never getting her out of it again, that it was worth it.

I dont think it made a difference -I think the third night when he slept upstairs she was just happy to get rid of his snoring... know I loved the 2 nights of quite sleep :lol: Personally, I would put the crate where your happy with it long term and be patient for 2 nights - if its still not working after showing she is secure in the daytime with you, you might want to rethink were it is then.

Enjoy your weekend, its such an exciting time!

molly
17th February 2007, 05:11 PM
Welcome home Sadie! She is adorable.

Crittercall
17th February 2007, 05:31 PM
She's beautiful, Tara. (As if you don't know that!) And you really don't look bad for the wear and tear. :D

Take a nap while she's sleeping. Will she continue to sleep in the crate or will she ultimately end up in your bed?

sarahg
17th February 2007, 05:34 PM
She is gorgeous Tara :lotsaluv: You are gonna have lots of fun with her :flwr:

Sarah Xxx

Charleen
17th February 2007, 06:28 PM
Congratulations. Sadie is adorable!

debjen
17th February 2007, 06:48 PM
she's very cute..congrats on your new baby

*Pauline*
17th February 2007, 06:56 PM
She's very pretty, and so are you :D

coconut
17th February 2007, 07:04 PM
she is a cutie!!

Julie S
17th February 2007, 07:43 PM
Awww, what a cutie. Congrats on the new addition! I know the first few days are the hardest. It'll get better!

Cathy Moon
17th February 2007, 09:49 PM
Congratulations! She's a doll! :wggle:

Lani
17th February 2007, 09:57 PM
she is adorable!! Congrats!! :flwr:

Claire L
17th February 2007, 10:01 PM
:flwr: :flwr: Welcome home Sadie :flwr: :flwr:
You're a real cutie pie :lotsaluv:

KimNIndy
18th February 2007, 12:30 AM
sadie (i really like that name!) has such a sweet little face! congrats to you both and good luck on this very special weekend! :D

k

judy
18th February 2007, 01:27 AM
what a beauty. i love the little whiskers coming out of her eyebrows. :D
how old is she?
more photoze......pleeeze...... :lol:

Linda
18th February 2007, 01:33 AM
Congratulations :wggle:

How exciting, and what a special time in your life.
One you will treasure for a longtime, enjoy her she is a little darling. :D :D :w*w: :D :D

gocamping
18th February 2007, 01:46 AM
She is beautiful. Yes, I remember those sleepless nights so well. It was not long ago. Now, Libby only wakes if she seems cold or maybe I just think that is it. I let her sleep in our bed for the last hour before I have to get up. It's just too cute!

Looking forward to following all the fun you are going to have.

Caraline
18th February 2007, 01:54 AM
What a little sweetie :)

Remali
18th February 2007, 02:34 AM
Awww, Sadie is absolutely precious! She has very nice markings too!

Forest
18th February 2007, 02:43 AM
Welcome home Sadie, she is such a little cutie. Enjoy her Tara she will learn what to do at her new home :D :flwr:
Julie and the girls

laurenlyn1
18th February 2007, 03:58 AM
she is too cute! i remember my first few nights, it wasn't all that long ago, brady is 10 months old now. at first i was like...oh my goodness what did i get myself into i'm not sure if i was really ready for this. but i got over that and i love him more everyday and now i can't imagine what i did without him. :)

enchantingdragon
18th February 2007, 04:45 AM
Congrats Tara!! Sadie is beautiful. How did Tucker react? Everything good?

Nisha
18th February 2007, 06:29 AM
she is soo cute! and absolute doll! i agree, she has very nice markings!... looking forward to hearing more on how its going!

MyFurbabies143
18th February 2007, 09:12 AM
Congrats on your new puppy!! She is soooo adorable!! She is exactly what I want when I get my cavalier. You must be so excited to finally have her home and in your arms!!
If you don't mind me asking, what breeder did you get her from!!

Lindsay
18th February 2007, 02:18 PM
Congrats Tara! She is so sweet! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Cathy T
18th February 2007, 05:00 PM
She is precious Tara. How wonderful to have your little peanut home. Sweet Sadie Sue...we love you!

natalieandmike
18th February 2007, 05:17 PM
Such a beautiful pup! I'm sure she has you wrapped around her little paw already! ;)
Congratulations!
-Natalie