PDA

View Full Version : Elderly Cavaliers

Princess Annabel
17th February 2007, 03:51 PM
Hello all Cavalier fans,

I am the sister I guess you could say (she's been with the family since I was 12) of Annabel the cavalier, she is currently 15 and a half and despite wobbly back legs and cancer in her throat, is still going strong and is a happy litte bundle of joy.

Are there any more owners of eldery cavaliers out there? I realise we are extremely lucky that she is so long lived.

Bianca

Claire L
17th February 2007, 04:18 PM
:w*w: Fifteen and a half, that's FANTASTIC!!!

Bianca, can you post some more pics of Annabel ? I'd love to see them.
We lost our little girl last October and she was twelve years and ten months :lotsaluv:

You'll have to tell us lots more about Annabel and I hope you have her with you for many years to come - she's beautiful.......

:flwr: icon_welcome

matties mum
17th February 2007, 05:01 PM
Yes please put more photos on---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney--Sam)

Princess Annabel
17th February 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys, :p

I will take some photos over the next few days, here is one fairly recent one, maybe taken 6 months ago (taken from my mobile so not best quality):
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/393011880_9d36c3108f_m.jpg

Shay
17th February 2007, 05:27 PM
What a beautiful elderly sweet lady! You are so lucky to have her for so many years.

sarahg
17th February 2007, 05:38 PM
Wow Annabel is gorgeous. My Cavalier Lady is 10yrs old. icon_welcome to the board. :flwr:

Sarah Xxx

Crittercall
17th February 2007, 05:38 PM
If you have read my post about Wallis, then you know what I'm facing. Wallis is between 12 and 13 now - not sure of her exact b'day. And other than being a bit over weight looks pretty good. But she's facing some serious health problems that we are in the midst of trying to "fix" so we've got our fingers crossed.

Annabel is beautiful and I look forward to seeing more of her. I've got to get some current pix of my Grand Old Dame and get them posted.

Barbara Nixon
17th February 2007, 06:15 PM
You are very lucky to have a cavalier to live so long, nowasdys, though people will tell you that 16 or 17 used to be the norm, before mass breeding brought an increase of such things as mvd and sm.

This is Monty, who's a very large lad. He is 11 years and 3 months and is healthy except for a mild murmur which doesn't need medication.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/004birthdayreducednet.jpg

casshon
17th February 2007, 06:55 PM
Wow, 15 and half yrs - thats amazing! You are incredibly lucky to have your beautiful girl around for so long. Treasure every day and spoil her as much as you like - thats my motto and whenever I get given out to here for spoiling my girls I always give that as an excuse!

We lost our little Cassie last summer, she was 14 yrs old.

Honey is our golden oldie now at 12 yrs and like Annabel has problems with her back legs. She is on painkillers but never complains - she really is a little star :flwr:

This is a picture of Cassie and Honey (and you can see our other 2 newbies in my avatar)
http://www.geocities.com/malahidehockeyclub/index_files/CassieandHoney.jpg

Bruce H
17th February 2007, 07:05 PM
WOW, that's really great!!! It's so very seldom that a Cavalier will live to a ripe old age like that.

Do you know what the names of her dam and sire were and/or what lines she has in her background? Any time I hear of a particularily long lived Cavalier, I am interested in the lines.

Congratulations on being owned by such a healty, long lived girl.

Kodee
17th February 2007, 07:11 PM
That's amazing - I dont have a senior cavalier but did a 15 lab till fall. I think one of you Senior Cavalier owners should start a thread in the picture gallery for Senior Cavs! I like seeing the older dogs as I found my own labs very senior yrs interesting - her personality went back to very puppish in some ways. It was a time I quite enjoyed actually in her last few yrs.

Princess Annabel
17th February 2007, 09:16 PM
Hello!

I don't have Annabel's dam's pedigree in front of me, but I know her name was Demelza of Hawthorns (I couldnt find anything about her on google :( ) I also remember that there were mostly Homerbrents, Homaranne, and Amantras in her pedigree which are all well known names cavalier wise.

Her sire was Rossbonny Triple Coin (I am in touch with his owners from the Rossbonny web site, and he apparently lived til 14), his parents were:
Ch Cherokee of Rossbonny at Delhaze
Ch. Triple Mint From Amantra at Rossbonny.

cavtiny

Alison_Leighfield
17th February 2007, 09:26 PM
she is currently 15 and a half

WOW...that is fantastic! :D

I just adore the oldies...especially the Blenheims!

Welcome to you both. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Alison.

mishmosh
17th February 2007, 09:26 PM
awwwww my old cavalier got to 12. He had dreadful arthritis and had heart problems. Cancer got him in the end poor love. He died a year ago and I still miss him dreadfully.

Jana
17th February 2007, 09:57 PM
I found Annabel´l sire´s littermate on healthy heart cavaliers list also.
She has good backround and I am sure you will have many happy years together :lotsaluv:

Nicki
17th February 2007, 10:47 PM
oh that's lovely to hear of a Cavalier at that age...bless her she is doing so well, and obviously fighting very bravely against her medical problems.

Treasure every day you have with her, she is very special.

My Oldie is Rupert, he is 10 years 8 months.

In the snow last year

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Rupert/adjRupert152122.jpg

Shay
17th February 2007, 11:05 PM
What a lovely picture of Rupert. He is a beautiful boy!

molly
18th February 2007, 12:16 AM
Annabel is lovely and it is heartening to see such a healthy long lived girl! I hope you both have many more wonderful years together.

Nicki, that picture of Rupert is wonderful.

Arne
18th February 2007, 10:10 AM
I have Arne who is 12 and a Black and Tan . He has a few problems, Cushings and Spondylitis being the main ones. This photo was taken about a year ago.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j13/Arne1_photos/DSCF0404.jpg

misty
18th February 2007, 10:18 AM
I have Arne who is 12 and a Black and Tan . He has a few problems, Cushings and Spondylitis being the main ones. This photo was taken about a year ago.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j13/Arne1_photos/DSCF0404.jpg

I've had the pleasure of spending some time with Arne and he is a beauty! (as is Jassy, of course).

Karlin
18th February 2007, 12:20 PM
I've created a NEW photo gallery just for our seniors: http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=38

Pepsi
18th February 2007, 12:29 PM
Hiya,
15 and a half is a great age. My Charlie is 14 and a half, and is still doing pretty well. Like Annabel, his back legs are a bit wobbly. He also has MVD and a testicular tumor. But like Annabel he's still going strong and is a happy fella. I'm hoping he'll make it to 15.
Pepsi x

Princess Annabel
22nd February 2007, 01:01 AM
I don't know if it is allowed, but I will try to post a short video of Annabel taken a few months ago. Try to ignore my voice, I have my "talking to the dog voice" on which can be annoying to humans!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IXW2FqD0t4g"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IXW2FqD0t4g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

Moderators, If video posting isn't allowed, sorry icon_whistling, or if the video doesn't show, feel free to delete and I will just post a youtube link.

Bianca :p

Zippy
22nd February 2007, 02:28 AM
It's lovely to read about all these beloved pets living such long, wonderful lives.

Our beloved Charley lived to 14 yrs, 4 months but died of heart failure last summer.

We miss him every day but Mary Alice has helped fill our days with joy, again.

Mary Alice is approx. 2 years, 9 months and we hope she's around for many, many years to come. :) :flwr: :flwr:

Cathy T
22nd February 2007, 02:36 AM
Bianca - I would love to see your video but the link isn't correct...and I don't know how to fix it! Also, we have a separate forum specifically for video clips. If we can figure out how to post we can move it over there also. Anyone out there who can help?

Shay
22nd February 2007, 02:37 AM
I agree Zippy! It does give those of us who have little ones hope. :xfngr:

Cathy T
22nd February 2007, 02:37 AM
BTW...Arne is gorgeous!

Kodee
22nd February 2007, 03:09 AM

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j13/Arne1_photos/DSCF0404.jpg That is one nice photograph! They have a very serious far off look in their eyes. What beauties they are!

Crittercall
22nd February 2007, 05:47 AM
I want to see the video too, but you already know that I don't know how to fix it!!

I do love the look on Arne and Jessy's (?) faces. So dignified, looking toward the future. And Rupert in the snow is just gorgeous. Wallis just turns away from the camera and wanders away. I think I've chased her with it for too many years! (Or she may be mad at me because I've put her on a diet!)

I thought for a long time that I was the only one here who didn't have a puppy or very young dog. It's good to see our peer group here.

Huguette
22nd February 2007, 09:01 AM
she is currently 15 and a half

How nice it is !! that's wonderful !
My previous dog died at 13 and a half from a heart attack. [/img]

Princess Annabel
22nd February 2007, 08:24 PM
I have just successfully put the video of Annabel on the video forum!!!
Entitled "Video of 15 year old Annabel"

I have to say again, ignore my "talking to the dog voice" as it is annoying to humans :lol:

Bianca

Princess Annabel
11th March 2007, 01:15 AM
Hi All,

I took this one of Annie this week, she's been so sweet lately. Really showing her age sometimes, but other times just like a much younger dog.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/416909473_f8319db2b6.jpg

Bianca

Cathy T
11th March 2007, 01:54 AM
She is just beautiful!

Bet
11th March 2007, 01:16 PM
I dont know whether this will be of a wee bit of interest or not ,but my hobby over the years has been collecting the ages of Long Lived Cavaliers .Here are some that are in Annabel's Pedigree back-ground
Ch Cherokee of Rossbonny was fit and well at 12
Ch Homaranne Caption 15
Aust Ch Homerbrent Henry 16
Ch Bredonvale Bernard 12 ,his litter sister Ch Bredonvale Mirabelle 16
Homerbrent Nolana 14
Kindrum Roulette 14
Ch Rosemullion of Ottermouth 13
Ch Vairire Osiris 13
Rosette of Ottermouth 13
Ch Homaranne Andy Capp 12
Ch Vairire Charmaine of Crisdig 15
Bonnyglen Jasper of Blagreaves 14
Ditchmere Bonnyglen Dominic 14
Ch Eyeza Crisdig Pip 14
Francesca of Crustadele 14
Ch Crisdig Celebration 14
Ch Crisdig Merry Matelot 12
Bonnyglen Juliet of Blagreaves 12

Amantra Dicky Mint 12
Aust ChPenbro Alphonso of Amantra 12
Eng -Aust Ch Amantra Bohemian Rhapsody 15
Ch Sweet Seraphim of Amantra 13
Barings Charley 12
Ch Crisdig Harlequin 14

can I just say how lovely it is to see those photos of the Golden Oldie Cavaliers that are appearing on the List
Thank You

Bet Hargreaves

Cathy Moon
11th March 2007, 01:53 PM
Bet, that's quite a list!

No wonder Annabel is so lovely and long-lived; many lovely Cavaliers in her pedigree.

I have a small collection of Cavalier books and have seen the photographs of several on Bet's list. Someday I would love to see a website of all Cavaliers by registration name with photos.

*Pauline*
11th March 2007, 02:42 PM
That's one cuddly looking dog. she's very sweet. :lotsaluv:

Nicki
11th March 2007, 04:22 PM
Annabel is just lovely Bianca - wonderful to see her looking so well.

Bet, thank you so much for posting those - I'm sure some of these dogs appear in many of our pedigrees, it's really helpful that we can go back through and find them. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

BELLE'S MUMMY
11th March 2007, 06:29 PM
Annabel is just beautiful, you must be so proud :flwr:

xx

Princess Annabel
10th June 2007, 09:36 PM
Many thanks to Bet for the ages of cavs in Annabel's pedigree!! I had forgotten about this thread and just stumbled upon it while looking for something else.