PDA

View Full Version : Kansas - Male Blenheim, Female Tricolor

My Wesley
17th February 2007, 08:33 PM
Both at the same rescue in Kansas.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7888714
Willie is a neutered almost year and a half boy. He is current on shots,worming,on heartworm prevention,microchipped and flea/tick free. Willie is housetrained and does not jump on you. He is very well mannered and loves to play fetch.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7888830
Sara Beth is having patella surgery on both back legs. The first on is March 1st. Sara Beth has been spayed,teeth cleaned,current on shots,wormed,on heartworm prevention,and microchipped. She is housetrained and very calm. If you wish to help with Sara Beths surgeries please email. If you are interested in adopting Sara Beth please email,also.

Friday's Mommy
18th February 2007, 08:09 PM
I've been in contact with the resue home about Sara Beth. Has anyone here had patella surgery on their dogs? I'm very interested in adopting her. I'm looking for an older very calm cav. Friday lost her Golden Retriever sister to cancer a few months ago and I had been keeping my eyes open for another cavalier. I may post this in another group so I can see if anyone here has any info. Thanks!

Karlin
18th February 2007, 08:17 PM
There's a lot of threads on patella surgery in the health section -- several people have had it done. You can do a search.

Friday's Mommy
18th February 2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks Karlin, I just got off the phone with the adoption home. Nancy, who runs the home is very positive about her prognosis. I will start reading on line and do a search. She sounds like a very special, sweet dog. I'm hoping it will all work out.

Cathy T
18th February 2007, 11:35 PM
Terri - that would be so great if you get her!! Patellar luxation...no biggee. Well, not really. The good thing about it is that once it's done...it's done!! It's something that requires surgery and then should be good for the rest of her life. Lots of people recently have gone through it. It's not always smooth sailing, but looking back on it, I'm sure glad we did it even though we had to have it done a second time, it didn't hold the first time. The biggest hassle to it is the required confinement. But once you get through that you're good to go.

Friday's Mommy
18th February 2007, 11:52 PM
Cathy, Thanks for the advice. I've talked to them a couple of times today and was sent more pics of Sara. I think she would be a wonderful addition to our home. We need a quiet little one. I understand the post surgery requirements and we also went through that with Friday's surgery. After long discussions today and lots of searching for info on the surgery I think we're serious about adopting her. I need to talk to my surgeon tomorrow. I can't believe I might get another little cavie! :D

Cathy T
19th February 2007, 02:42 AM
By all means...keep us posted. My fingers and toes are all crossed for you :xfngr:

kimberlya
19th February 2007, 03:47 PM
Oh hopefully it works out for you!!!!

arasara
19th February 2007, 04:09 PM
me too me too!! I am so excited for you!! :) Let us know how it works out.. Oh and we share the SAME FIRST NAME! seems meant to be ! :flwr:

Friday's Mommy
19th February 2007, 07:56 PM
Thank you for your encouragement. Looks like were going to have a new addition!! Since we are going on a planned vacation the end of March and she's scheduled for surgery on March 1st, we are going to pick her up after the first surgery is done. We'll have the 2nd done here in Colorado. She sounds like a very special sweet little girl and I think Friday and her will be become best friends. Friday's sister, an older Golden Retriever passed on a few months ago due to cancer and Friday has seemed lonely since. I think she'll be so happy to have another doggie friend here.

I will keep you all posted and post pics! I just can't wait to have her here.

Thanks everybody for patiently helping me out with patella questions. :D

Cathy T
19th February 2007, 08:23 PM
Oh this is such exciting news!! Can't wait to hear all about it. With all that you have been through with Friday you will handle the knee surgery no problem!! And, by the way, every time I see her picture I smile...she's just so cute!

Karlin
19th February 2007, 09:20 PM
Great news! We'll have more pictures and a new dog member here to look forward to! Congrats on the addition. :)

Friday's Mommy
22nd February 2007, 06:23 AM
Here's an update on the 2 cav's in this post. Willie has found a forever home in New Jersey according to the rescue home and I'll be bringing Sara Beth to her new home here in Colorado in 2 weeks! :drivecar: :D We decided to have the surgery on both her legs done with my surgeon in Denver.

We're so excited now that she gets be part of our family much earlier then we thought!

matties mum
22nd February 2007, 09:10 AM
So pleased for you and Sara-Beth ----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

My Wesley
22nd February 2007, 02:50 PM
That's fantastic! Congrats!

Cathy T
22nd February 2007, 04:17 PM
What great news!! Can't wait to hear more.

molly
22nd February 2007, 09:54 PM
Terri, your great news brought tears of joy to my eyes. And to read the second little guy is coming to a home in NJ is even better. Hugs to you for taking on this sweet little girl and her surgery! Friday (who is just adorable) will be so happy to have a playmate. Pls keep us posted.

Lynn
22nd February 2007, 11:12 PM
Hi Terri....I gasped with joy when I read that you were going to go get her and bring her to your surgeon!!!!! My eyes are welled up right now. Just fills my heart with such warmth knowing that these two pups are on their way to having a good life!!! Thank you so much. :flwr: